YOU SURPRISED ME
You surprised me
Yes, you surprised me
With your elegance
With your beauty
With your grace.
And the manner you carried yourself
So effortlessly - surprised me.
Your beautiful hair
Reaching upto the knees
Begging for attention
And appreciation - surprised me.
Your being there, surprised me.
It was like I had at last found her
And this fact - surprised me.
The fact that the effect of that first meeting
Had me writing this, surprised me.
The inspiration your beauty gave me - surprised me.
And I wouldn't be surprised, if I surprised myself,
By surprising you into being my friend.
No, I wouldn't be surprised
If I make myself,
Come to you through some pretext
To just have the pleasure of your company.
And, I wouldn't be surprised
If I start believing in the
Yes, surprises haven't ceased to exist.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (YOU SURPRISED ME by Abhinav Srivastava )
(1644 - 1694)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Elinor Morton Wylie
(7 September 1885 – 16 December 1928)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Vaders gaan niet dood, Madrason writer
- Desires Finding Their Places, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Joyful Sounds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Last Horizon, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- i want to weigh the moon with you, Mandolyn ...
- Italian Birthday Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Most Published Poet, Tom Zart
- Fruitless love, Nero CaroZiv
- Misunderstood, Madrason writer
- Do what father says, Madrason writer