YOU SURPRISED ME
You surprised me
Yes, you surprised me
With your elegance
With your beauty
With your grace.
And the manner you carried yourself
So effortlessly - surprised me.
Your beautiful hair
Reaching upto the knees
Begging for attention
And appreciation - surprised me.
Your being there, surprised me.
It was like I had at last found her
And this fact - surprised me.
The fact that the effect of that first meeting
Had me writing this, surprised me.
The inspiration your beauty gave me - surprised me.
And I wouldn't be surprised, if I surprised myself,
By surprising you into being my friend.
No, I wouldn't be surprised
If I make myself,
Come to you through some pretext
To just have the pleasure of your company.
And, I wouldn't be surprised
If I start believing in the
Yes, surprises haven't ceased to exist.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (YOU SURPRISED ME by Abhinav Srivastava )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- সময়(Time), Avik Datta Gupta
- Lieu Time, Francie Lynch
- When The Heart Bleeds, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- Many Crooked Cops are Shooting and Killing, Hebert Logerie
- My First Love, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- To Record What Is Kept, Naveed Akram
- Rumour, Humphrey Bryant
- BLACK SHEEP, Bironga Chadwick
- Tomorrow, Humphrey Bryant
- Blackberry And Apple, Humphrey Bryant