You've Got A Big Ego
You've got a big ego you do come on strong
You try to convince others your ideas cannot be wrong
There are millions like you in the big World out there
So do not feel precious since your type are not rare.
Our political leaders installed by the majority
But majority thinking seems dangerous to me
Since more rumours of war and millions in poverty
And no future for the Stateless refugee.
To those of similar thinking we tend to gravitate
And a friendship with those who think different we've no wish to create
With an exclusive clique you choose to socialize
Quite arrogant as you are but not at all wise.
You've got a big ego and it also does seem
That you suffer from an over inflated sense of self esteem
Your thinking from my thinking seems far apart
Though red is the blood that flows through every heart.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You've Got A Big Ego by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Summer Children, Edgar Albert Guest
- Yes?, Eleanor Ross Taylor
- To The Humble, Edgar Albert Guest
- Disappearing Act, Eleanor Ross Taylor
- Caught, Diane Hine
- Since Jessie Died, Edgar Albert Guest
- When Father Played Baseball, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Fishing Outfit, Edgar Albert Guest
- Where Somebody Died, Eleanor Ross Taylor
- Unimportant Differences, Edgar Albert Guest