Lawrence S. Pertillar
You've Said It All
I didn't want to say anything.
But the longer I visit,
It becomes more obvious.
'What is that? '
Maybe it's me,
It appears there are a lot of people here,
Who point their fingers at others...
Then begin to laugh at them.
Am I imagining this?
Why are they doing that?
And why are the others ignoring them?
'The ones pointing their fingers and laughing,
Have increased in numbers.
They were taught many years ago,
That anyone appearing different than they were...
Were thought to be fools and idiots.'
They seem to be the fools and idiots.
'It use to bother me.
I have nothing to say.
You've said it all.
Continue to ignore them.
You're only here on a visit.'
How can you live here?
'I'm in it and not of it.
They've been calling me crazy most of my life.
And somehow I have found that to be satisfying.
You notice they don't laugh at me anymore.'
I'm sure you miss it?
How did you know?
At one time it was very motivating.'
'I hate to admit it has become addicting.
It is like a 'fix' I need on a daily basis.'
I think you're in it AND of it too!
'You think? '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You've Said It All by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- COPLA 111 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Nature's Sanctuary, Khairul Ahsan
- Gray Tears, herbert guitang
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.49, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.48, Monk E. Biz
- Pysch essay 1, imani halley
- Recollections, SALINI NAIR
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.47, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.46, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.45, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)