Lawrence S. Pertillar
You've Said It All
I didn't want to say anything.
But the longer I visit,
It becomes more obvious.
'What is that? '
Maybe it's me,
It appears there are a lot of people here,
Who point their fingers at others...
Then begin to laugh at them.
Am I imagining this?
Why are they doing that?
And why are the others ignoring them?
'The ones pointing their fingers and laughing,
Have increased in numbers.
They were taught many years ago,
That anyone appearing different than they were...
Were thought to be fools and idiots.'
They seem to be the fools and idiots.
'It use to bother me.
I have nothing to say.
You've said it all.
Continue to ignore them.
You're only here on a visit.'
How can you live here?
'I'm in it and not of it.
They've been calling me crazy most of my life.
And somehow I have found that to be satisfying.
You notice they don't laugh at me anymore.'
I'm sure you miss it?
How did you know?
At one time it was very motivating.'
'I hate to admit it has become addicting.
It is like a 'fix' I need on a daily basis.'
I think you're in it AND of it too!
'You think? '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You've Said It All by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- The paradox of becoming a Man, Nancy Handabile
- Quran, The Ways of Ascent, Mohja Kahf
- 'My Persuasion' Over 'Her Coyness'., Prabhat Priyadarshi
- rain, Erin Daly
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Laurence Overmire
(24 June 1842 - 26 December 1913)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
Edgar Lee Masters
(23 August 1868 – 5 March 1950)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 November 1731 – 25 April 1800)