You Will Never Die, “My Moses“
Since I was born and now I am getting old
Your golden touch ravish my heart in whole.
From the north to the south
Your midas touch melts my icy dreams to flow.
From the east to the west -
Your heart of succor - my soul revives.
I look to and fro in shadows but-
Respite shines on me through and through.
I respect - the womb that housed you,
I rejoice with - the one who gave you boobs to suck,
I repraise - the back that gave you anchor.
All is mercy.
Earth to earth, blood to blood,
Sinew to bones, flesh on bones,
You shall live to see the best of bests,
And your eyes - shall see no double
Your bones - shall be hard as diamond
Your life - precious as saphirres and rubies.
So shall thy end - boom glory like the galaxy
And thy fate - remarkable in goodness for life.
Meshack Dasco's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Will Never Die, “My Moses“ by Meshack Dasco )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- (1) The Ceaseless Waves of Sorrow, Uriah Hamilton
- An Ode to a Toad Named Frank, Susan Sparks
- The Path, Deepak Hariharan
- A Hymn to God, Dr John Celes
- The Facebook Poem, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Jerk At Work, Alan W. Jankowski
- When Friends Betray Friends, Alan W. Jankowski
- My Love Did Sometimes Wander, Alan W. Jankowski
- No Help At All, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Bird, the Cat, the Monster and I…., Poetheart (back)