You Won't End Up Alone
I know sometimes you're scared of what tomorrow's gonna bring.
But peace of mind may come if you remember just one thing:
Though friends you knew in years gone by no longer seem to phone,
regardless what your future holds, you won't end up alone.
While golden years might seem to you like anything but gold;
and aches and pains you live with cause you to curse growing old;
though you may once have feared that you'd face all this on your own,
just rest assured that, come what may, you will not be alone.
Much of your life has been well spent to others being true.
And so I'll stop at nothing making sure you get your due.
In all the time we've known each other, hopefully I've shown
that I would die before I'd let you grow old all alone.
William Chaplar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Won't End Up Alone by William Chaplar )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Highwayman, Alfred Noyes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
Poem of the Day
- Communist Goons, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Trinmul Congress Party's Gift Is The Fre.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dark Chapter, Abdullah alHemaidy
- The Sun Sings in You, Patti Masterman
- Desolate Fox, Prasad Natarajan
- Real Poverty, Abdullah alHemaidy
- A Dream In My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Peace, Leonard Champlin
- A Spirit Forever Free, Spiritwind Wood
- Mamas Counsel, Adeosun Olamide