You, young girls...
You, young girls, whose faces,
if I try hard, alone, of a night,
I can recall, though your names
are more difficult,
exist, so to speak,
in the parallel universe of my mind,
as I once was,
or as you would have liked me to be,
live on in yours.
But as we are now
there is no crossing those frontiers,
and even if the possibility should arise,
in that other world
the people we have become
would be strangers.
Paul Hansford's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You, young girls... by Paul Hansford )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Persimmon Poem, Kyle Schlicher