Lawrence S. Pertillar
Your Basket Of Opinions
Why should I help you make it,
Any bigger than what it is?
I know of your perceptions and opinions of me.
But I will say this...
To put in your basket of opinions you carry to pass,
I hope to never again experience the witnessing...
Another child of mine dying.
With that image affixed in my mind,
All the time to never leave.
Why should I help you,
Make that any bigger than what it is?
With or without your opinions of me to give.
Never will your opinions replace my life or experiences...
To medicate an escaping away from my point of view.
A view that is mine I hope you never go through.
Is that your truck?
I suggest you take your basket of opinions,
To carry as you pass...
With a removing your butt from my door to truck off!
'So that means you're not feeling up,
To permitting me to interview you.'
Is that your truck?
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Basket Of Opinions by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- I wear a sweater now, The Princess
- Morning Triku V, Steve Kittell
- To My Love, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Scrutinized As Being Abusive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sting, Foster Teegarden
- Some Ghoul, Foster Teegarden
- the man of christmas, Faith Taylors
- My Description, Foster Teegarden
- Scared to love you, leanne royle
- Pain, leanne royle
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)