Your face before mine
The concept that was administered in my mind
was soon-of-a-sudden lost,
yet, for a good cause and at no cost.
Your face before mine,
the beauty and style I cannot defy;
I wallow in a shallow pit, in its true state hollow -
A pit of amazement - before your feet....
If only I can catch your feet
So be it! ...
If only I could peel off your ankles
'till my love for you does you miracles...
If I can't touch your legs
then let my lungs be brought to rags...
Before your knees my heart kneels,
my spirit bogged down, be it
'till all my insecurities may drown...
I long to sleep that long night again
And to dream about you, inspite of invisible pain...
If only I could fly like a ladybird
Then I'd admire to land on your head,
Or - at its best - on your chest,
Where my soul eternally will find rest!
Comfort Ndlovu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Your face before mine by Comfort Ndlovu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock