When my world falls down around me,
And the ground is sinking sand;
When peace can't be found on this earth,
I reach out for your hand.
Then when your hand wraps 'round my own,
A strength pours from your soul;
It brings me to a quiet calm,
Till once again I'm whole.
A peace beyond all reason,
A rest there in your touch;
Something in your quiet words,
My heart yearns for so much.
If I but rest my worries,
Upon your shoulder there;
The strength that pours forth from your soul,
Will wash away each care.
Like a cool, sweet taste of water,
For when your tired and thirsty
My heart finds peace, my soul is calm,
When I reach out for your hand.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (your hand by karen heeney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- أمطار الدم, سميح القاسم
- Voices, Gillian Commerford
- The strength is, gajanan mishra
- Alone, Gillian Commerford
- Being To Dawns And Clouds Blind, Vsevolod Rozhdestvensky
- I Did Not Seek The Other Forune's Favor, Vsevolod Rozhdestvensky
- باتريــس لومومبا, سميح القاسم
- After Love, Gillian Commerford
- Mind Games, Philo Yan
- اقطاع, سميح القاسم