Your hands are always warm,
smooth and good to hold.
Still amazing beautiful too,
despite the scars and spots of age.
Your hands are broad and strong,
with Mount of Venus high
and nails (always manicured)
shaped like fine almonds.
Your hands move confidently,
deftly, like a woman's,
performing mundane tasks
with easy grace and style.
Your hands, some thirteen years ago
in Lygon Street, held mine.
And at that moment, I knew
we belonged together.
Alison Cassidy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Hands by Alison Cassidy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- War on Gang Terror, Ima Ryma
- ENGROSSING DANCE*, C. P. Sharma
- woman, SALINI NAIR
- Everywhere but nowhere, SALINI NAIR
- Leopard, gajanan mishra
- Everybody will smile in peace! ! !, Amitava Sur
- Pursuit Of Wealth Riches Reaches Pinnacl.., Terence G. Craddock
- Flesh Corrupted Pharaoh Youth Dreams, Terence G. Craddock
- The Stench of War, Sunshine Rose
- I shudder, Aftab Alam