My wife thinks I've had an affair,
she's broken hearted and in despair.
I promise her its not the case,
but her feelings have disappeared at such a pace.
Her trust and her love departed overnight,
she said 'I'm not happy' and the doors locked tight.
For 15 years her love was mine,
a marriage,3 kids and a home in that time.
But i neglected and abused my wife's heart,
the trust and devotion was to bound to depart.
The most wonderful person ever in my life,
I caused her pain, I caused her strife.
Even though its now not that way,
but her heart has been damaged she has it locked away.
I can't blame my wife even though I never cheated,
I've changed, I've changed, I've pleaded, I've bleated.
If I've heard it once I've heard it thrice,
I don't want to gamble, I'm not rolling that dice.
My words are now useless, my love the same,
my wife now thinks I'm playing a game.
But my love and devotion is now so pure,
doesn't take any effort, definitely not a chore.
But now she wants to be left alone,
Doesn't want me near, doesn't want me to phone.
I cry every day, and I cry at night.
i pray to god that I can put it right.
Her happiness is all that matters to me,
one day I hope and pray that she will see.
Carl Browne's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Your Happiness by Carl Browne )
- comets wait for us, because we're sort o.., Mandolyn ...
- Racers, Nassy Fesharaki
- In the memory of Faez, Nassy Fesharaki
- I Turned on the News Today, Vera Sidhwa
- From A Son To His Divine Mother(Saroda), Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Of the Depression, Javed Latoo
- Blue Eyes, Ronald Chapman
- A Tiny Plant, Manira Khan
- Pure femininity, Erato
- A Man's Oft-hidden Tears, Maurice Harris
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns