My wife thinks I've had an affair,
she's broken hearted and in despair.
I promise her its not the case,
but her feelings have disappeared at such a pace.
Her trust and her love departed overnight,
she said 'I'm not happy' and the doors locked tight.
For 15 years her love was mine,
a marriage,3 kids and a home in that time.
But i neglected and abused my wife's heart,
the trust and devotion was to bound to depart.
The most wonderful person ever in my life,
I caused her pain, I caused her strife.
Even though its now not that way,
but her heart has been damaged she has it locked away.
I can't blame my wife even though I never cheated,
I've changed, I've changed, I've pleaded, I've bleated.
If I've heard it once I've heard it thrice,
I don't want to gamble, I'm not rolling that dice.
My words are now useless, my love the same,
my wife now thinks I'm playing a game.
But my love and devotion is now so pure,
doesn't take any effort, definitely not a chore.
But now she wants to be left alone,
Doesn't want me near, doesn't want me to phone.
I cry every day, and I cry at night.
i pray to god that I can put it right.
Her happiness is all that matters to me,
one day I hope and pray that she will see.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Your Happiness by Carl Browne )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Listeners, Walter de la Mare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Woman Work, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- From Church Pew's Grieving..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Disappearing Trauma, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Without Arms, M.J. Lemon
- কবিতাপল্লি, Hanzala Han
- Other Guys, Amber Carr
- I've Got Time, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Vultures Meal, Tiger Auntunette
- Nothing can break the focus., Sumita Jetley
- Ever So Cute, riya misi
- Unlock From Sockets, Lawrence S. Pertillar