Your love rolls me and folds me and sets me on fire,
And my ashes and embers rise higher and higher,
Into the heavens, the far-reaching beams,
To the flickering stars— our beacons of dreams!
Your love is the rain falling over the land,
Watering crops in the dry desert sand,
Replenishing me in my time of great need,
Giving life to the flowers, sprouting the seed!
Your love is a comfort, when in from the cold
I wearily wander, my bones aching and old,
But you’re there to take care of me, hold me and try
To make our lives beautiful before we must die!
Your love is the sail catching the breeze,
Blowing our boat through the turbulent seas,
And I will make sure that our ship stays on course,
For your love, my dear Mia, is a powerful force!
Joshua Dinkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Love by Joshua Dinkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Havoc, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- So what next, Michael Mullings
- I Dance And Smile At The Sound Of Your V.., Ronald Chapman
- Power, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- I Caught A Little Rhyme (Children's Poem), Ronald Chapman
- If you'll happen to remember me, Sebenzile Mamba
- I Asked, Ronald Chapman
- God Looks in, sEaN nOrTh
- I Am The Sky, Ronald Chapman
- I Am Sunshine, Ronald Chapman