In your days of babyhood when you lived in a cot
This lady took good care of you and loved you quite a lot
She kept you clean and fed you and protected you from harm
And every time you cried she took you in her arms.
You spent the first nine months of life in this lady's womb
She shared with you the happy times and led you through the gloom
Of all the friends you ever had this lady is the best
She fed you from a bottle and you suckled from her breast.
When you are in a gloomy mood and feel down in the mouth
This understanding lady is there to help you out
She worries a lot about you and works for you each day
But the funny thing about it is that she never gets no pay.
This lady is your mother one who is so dear
A person never far away but always very near
Your mother is a part of you she's much more than a friend
Your mother is a woman on whom you can depend.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Mother by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- Peace Be With You, Edward Kofi Louis
- O my Lord! يا الهي! -, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 주민등록증위조u i - r i＠hotｍａｉㅣ.ｃｏｍ위 조면허증위조, fbfdb xcvsdv
- firstname.lastname@example.org졸업증명서위조신분증위조주민증위조성적증명서위조, fbfdb xcvsdv
- email@example.com주민등록증위조운전면허증위조, fbfdb xcvsdv
- Nonsense 14, Phil Soar
- Nonsense 13, Phil Soar
- 반 갑 습 니 .., Lee eqkkjaf990
- Hi..Hello., Lee eqkkjaf990
- dfbdfbf, fbfdb xcvsdv
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- The General, Siegfried Sassoon
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Months, Sara Coleridge
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)