In your days of babyhood when you lived in a cot
This lady took good care of you and loved you quite a lot
She kept you clean and fed you and protected you from harm
And every time you cried she took you in her arms.
You spent the first nine months of life in this lady's womb
She shared with you the happy times and led you through the gloom
Of all the friends you ever had this lady is the best
She fed you from a bottle and you suckled from her breast.
When you are in a gloomy mood and feel down in the mouth
This understanding lady is there to help you out
She worries a lot about you and works for you each day
But the funny thing about it is that she never gets no pay.
This lady is your mother one who is so dear
A person never far away but always very near
Your mother is a part of you she's much more than a friend
Your mother is a woman on whom you can depend.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Mother by Francis Duggan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- your heart is a knapsack i want to pack, Mandolyn ...
- how ridiculous is this..., Mandolyn ...
- Be careful child before you fall, Mark Heathcote
- have it your way homeboy, Mandolyn ...
- Advance New Year 2015 Wishes (in a pessi.., Dr John Celes
- B. Day, Nassy Fesharaki
- shape shift this, my fearless phantom, Mandolyn ...
- Dear Dad ..... [a PARODY; HUMOR; SHORT; .., Bri Edwards
- Just Sex..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It's Not About Science, Just Satellites..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR