Your Word Is Your Honour
Your word is your honour your word do not break
And you keep your promise when a promise you make
And though those who go back on their word never feel any shame
Your word and your honour are one of the same.
You may be the wealthiest person in the Town
And your's may be more than a local renown
But if you've been known to go back on your word people of you will say
That person to honour respect does not pay.
Without documented proof your word is useless in a Court of Law
And from that perhaps a conclusion you can draw
That without proof on paper 'twould seem all is lost
And your day in Court to you at a great financial cost.
Still your word is your honour and that's how it should be
And to break your word is dishonourable that's how it seems to me
And those who dishonour their word are those you cannot trust
Since a promise made is seen as sacred to the honest and just.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Word Is Your Honour by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Happy Birthday Dear Mum, Adewale Ajakanri
- The Blood is the Key, Matthew Buck
- Olwakho uthando, Phiwe Mbatha
- I rish this couldn't say it's R's, Mandolyn ...
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI