Your World My Lord
The train moved swiftly through the night,
O'er rivers, fields and glens.
The girl was rocking in her sleep,
Smiling every now and then.
Though the rags that she wore on her body,
Had seen many a better day.
She had been told by her daddy,
It had been destined for them that way.
'My Child', he would say,
'Though I love you more than anything in my life,
What can I do - my darling - my sweetheart,
When even God doesn't see how we strive.
I have to work hard each day,
In order that we may,
Get a little bit to eat, before we go off to sleep,
And we pull through another day'.
This World's been moving through time,
Through nuclear explosions and hell.
We've come a long way, since the gold rush days,
Yet for gains our daughters we'll sell.
The sons being raised by their daddies,
Would have seen many a better day.
Had they not been groomed to be baddies,
To steal, to rape and to slay.
O my Lord, don't you see,
How this World that you've made needs advice?
Show us the path, the way it should be,
Sans avarice and malice and vice.
We've slaughtered, abused and we've slayed,
Our morals have blown in the glade.
Please give us the sense, to get out of these dense
Dark clouds of Hades we've made.
Dipy Hermonite's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Your World My Lord by Dipy Hermonite )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- you are not alone, jade mears
- Anti Bullying Poem, jade mears
- Bosses Week, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Musical toy, hasmukh amathalal
- Paper Hearts, Susan Lacovara
- Appreciating The Boss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A poem for paige, jade mears
- Angel, Brian J. Stafford
- A Stone In Her Stream, George Dee Vuy
- The Cuckoo's Nest, David Lewis Paget