Your World My Lord
The train moved swiftly through the night,
O'er rivers, fields and glens.
The girl was rocking in her sleep,
Smiling every now and then.
Though the rags that she wore on her body,
Had seen many a better day.
She had been told by her daddy,
It had been destined for them that way.
'My Child', he would say,
'Though I love you more than anything in my life,
What can I do - my darling - my sweetheart,
When even God doesn't see how we strive.
I have to work hard each day,
In order that we may,
Get a little bit to eat, before we go off to sleep,
And we pull through another day'.
This World's been moving through time,
Through nuclear explosions and hell.
We've come a long way, since the gold rush days,
Yet for gains our daughters we'll sell.
The sons being raised by their daddies,
Would have seen many a better day.
Had they not been groomed to be baddies,
To steal, to rape and to slay.
O my Lord, don't you see,
How this World that you've made needs advice?
Show us the path, the way it should be,
Sans avarice and malice and vice.
We've slaughtered, abused and we've slayed,
Our morals have blown in the glade.
Please give us the sense, to get out of these dense
Dark clouds of Hades we've made.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Your World My Lord by Dipy Hermonite )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Beautiful Angel Who Endlessly Glows, Rohit Sapra
- On The Clock, Nika McGuin
- Forever Broken, Kelly Shanks
- Smeared in blood … 1712-14, saadat tahir
- tanka 3, oskar hansen
- I Am Nobody, Michael McParland
- Luggage, Kirsty Higginson
- There Is No Place For True Contributor, Pijush Biswas
- Bachchon ka ghar बच्चों का घर, S.D. TIWARI
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland