A used, abandoned canvas;
An artist who had once filled it with
such bright resplendent swirls
Only to soil it
with the stifling colors of umbrage
a year later-
A dinky bucket pooled with flesh;
But wholly yours..
Yours for the building,
yours for the molding.
Yours for the filling,
and yours for the keeping.
Yet still so utterly yours.
And I can only pray,
pray that you will not
do the same
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yours by Rose Glasses )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Evaluating…Lois Lerner's "Truth", James B. Earley
- Hues of Green, Joy Cordwell
- FOR ALL BELIEVERS, Tom Zart
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas