Yvonne Delacy's Brainchild
The market at Kallista is Yvonne Delacy's brainchild
For to get it up and running she worried and she toiled
Yet in the mountain village few mentions of her name
She is the quiet achiever she never yearns for fame.
The monthly market at Kallista into a huge success has grown
The brainchild of a brainy woman who is not that well known
Even in her own place of Kallista where she still resides today
Fame is for those who yearn for it or so 'twould seem that way.
On the first saturday of every month the quiet Village of Kallista comes alive
And the market field deserted at other times like a busy Human hive
Of stall holders and market goers and trade is always good
In the market of Kallista in the shadows of the wood.
The brainchild of Yvonne Delacy it was her dream come true
But she does not get the credit the credit she is due
For starting Kallista market it has grown and grown in time
And to the one whose idea it grew from I dedicate this rhyme.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yvonne Delacy's Brainchild by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- गु बाजिबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- A sense of destiny, Mark Heathcote
- Love Is In The Air, Johnny Goyena
- A knight errant!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I am free to having, gajanan mishra
- Does Anyone Want Beautiful Poems Cried t.., mary douglas
- Largest house., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Tears Of A Rose, Electric Lady
- I am satisfied with this life, gajanan mishra
- Misogyny, Pius Didier