Yvonne Delacy's Brainchild
The market at Kallista is Yvonne Delacy's brainchild
For to get it up and running she worried and she toiled
Yet in the mountain village few mentions of her name
She is the quiet achiever she never yearns for fame.
The monthly market at Kallista into a huge success has grown
The brainchild of a brainy woman who is not that well known
Even in her own place of Kallista where she still resides today
Fame is for those who yearn for it or so 'twould seem that way.
On the first saturday of every month the quiet Village of Kallista comes alive
And the market field deserted at other times like a busy Human hive
Of stall holders and market goers and trade is always good
In the market of Kallista in the shadows of the wood.
The brainchild of Yvonne Delacy it was her dream come true
But she does not get the credit the credit she is due
For starting Kallista market it has grown and grown in time
And to the one whose idea it grew from I dedicate this rhyme.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yvonne Delacy's Brainchild by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- Sun Sets, Lore Me34
- Dreams, Kshitiz Guptaa
- If Only, Kshitiz Guptaa
- Science and Religion, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- ............. Traveling To Meet Minor In.., Is It Poetry
- So Much More, Sandra Feldman
- 157. An Ex's Word Is Easily Broken, John Westlake
- Kiss Me, Adriana Avilaa
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)