If you want your car repaired or want to fit an engine part
It well might pay you to ring Zephyr Hart
He's not hard to pay and is good at what he do
And he will be quite happy to help you.
Come rain or shine you will find him working hard
In his work shop a tin shed in his back yard
Working on engines and repairing brakes and punctured tyres
The work he does great character requires.
My datsun it is showing it's years in wear
And has rust spots on the body here and there
But despite all this the old car still survive
And it's thanks to Zephyr that it's still fit to drive.
In a mechanic's life there's lots of heavy toil
His hands and work clothes stained with grease and oil
It's not the type of work that many would enjoy
And there's easier ways to earn one's living by.
And though in the Yarra Ranges motor mechanics are not rare
And there's cars aplenty for them to repair
But for a car tune up or to fit an engine part
At a most competitive price your best bet Zephyr Hart.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Zephyr Hart by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Did you read them?
- In Celebration, Mark Strand
- Coming to This, Mark Strand
- "The Dreadful Has Already Happened&.., Mark Strand
- Sing Into The Wind, Margaret Alice Second
- Things are where they should be, Robert Steven Martin
- Preference her own, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Strictly Cosmic, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- children, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- White ant, gajanan mishra
- Time Not Wasted, Hasan Haskovic