Africa Poems - Poems For Africa
Poems about africa. You can read the best africa poems. Browse through all africa poems.
Father Africa - Poem by Joseph Oladehinde Ibikunle
Father Africa! At a token ignorance,
You have given your inheritance:
To strangers you gave so much.
White fellows who did not eat in our dish.
Behold, with some sham laughter,
They transacted for few daughters;
They brought clothes and rums and guns
To shackle away your sons.
Father Africa, foolish you!
Lo! See Mama Africa's cry
Her hapless tears can not dry
On her beautiful black dimples.
Oh Africa, chaos ripples.
See your sons brutally unfair
Taking hostage His own kin at warfare,
Selling them at ludicrous token.
Oh Africa, your woes betoken!
The sun rose in great grief
And shambled to rest in dumb disbelief,
The rivers - pensive in their banks.
Our follies deserve no thanks;
Africa sold her pride at Twenty Pounds,
Her offspring shackled to foreign grounds
On a fettered peregrination to the coasts,
Where they await shipment to wicked hosts.
Father Africa, foolish you!
Had those tokens of Twenty Pounds
Sufficed the pandemic poverty that pounds
You and your offspring on the head?
Those you sold - million tears shed
You caused them sorrowful spirituals to sing
They endlessly labour'd where trepidations ring,
They suffer'd severe discomfort - unfair!
They dwelt in dejected despise and despair.
Comments about Father Africa by Joseph Oladehinde Ibikunle
Poems About Africa
- 51. Father Africa , Joseph Oladehinde Ibikunle
- 52. The Dark Continent , Mthoko Mpofana
- 53. 'Africa's Calling' , Linda Winchell
- 54. Rise Up Africa , Matt Ancient
- 55. Mama Africa , Lucia Domingos Fula
- 56. Rhythm Of Africa! , Edward Kofi Louis
- 57. Solidarity , Sally Stewart
- 58. Africa's Pain Is My Pain , Ayanle Isak
- 59. A Colonized Mind Of Africa , Jacques Sprenkie Mateya
- 60. Giant Of Africa , Mimiko moruf oluwakayode
- 61. South Africa Is Also My Country , Gert Strydom
- 62. Mama Africa , Elijah Ifetayo
- 63. 50 Years On This Physical Earth , Edward Kofi Louis
- 64. Africa Today , Kholekile Monakali
- 65. The Black Continent , Edward Kofi Louis
- 66. African Beauty , Edward Kofi Louis
- 67. Africa , Emmanuel chibuike ikechukwu
- 68. The Pride To Be An African , Fasan paul
- 69. Africa's Praying , charles K wanjohi
- 70. Secret Of The Sun , konye ori
- 71. Mother Alpha & Mother Omega , Josephine DixonBanks
- 72. Mama Africa's Identity , Edward Kofi Louis
- 73. **the Konye Obaji Ori (United Africa) .. , konye ori
- 74. Rich With Natural Resources , Edward Kofi Louis
- 75. Image Of Africa , Edward Kofi Louis
- 76. I See Africa , Senator alufalism
- 77. Our Africa , kelvin karani
- 78. I Am Africa , Makabongwe Nkambule
- 79. No More , kelvin karani
- 80. I Dreamt I Was In Africa , Francis Duggan
- 81. Children In Africa (C.I.A) . , OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- 82. Mama Afrika , Lisa Langton
- 83. My Africa , swabi mnisi
- 84. My Africa , Emmanuel Odum
- 85. Beloved Son , Edward Kofi Louis
- 86. Hippopotamus , nimal dunuhinga
- 87. Song Of Mother Africa , Frank Bana
- 88. Chinua Achebe! , Edward Kofi Louis
- 89. Africa-The-Mermaid-Princess [rev.] , Margaret Alice Second
- 90. African Suite , Aldo Kraas
- 91. Who Could Cure Africa? , ademola oluwabusayo
- 92. Your Beauty Is Africa , ademola oluwabusayo
- 93. Africa Call (Black People) , Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- 94. Africa I , Desmond Tagoe
- 95. Africa , Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- 96. African Mama , Jessica Nobubele Frame
- 97. The Dust Of Africa , Edward Kofi Louis
- 98. African Rhythm , Edward Kofi Louis
- 99. Madiba (Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela) ! , Edward Kofi Louis
- 100. The Tragedy Of White Injustice , Marcus Mosiah Garvey
New Africa Poems
- Flame Lily, Terry Dawson
- It Is About Time Africa, MTEMI DEDAN
- Sweet Root Africa, George Egba
- A True African, Lekan Malik
- I Stil Write In Africa, Ernest Makuakua
- Tales From The Great Chessboard Of The G.., BurningDesire PhekoMotaung
- Africa, Musa Gift Masombuka
- Barmaley Korney Ivanovich Chukovsky, Yuri Starostin
- Your Beauty Is Africa, ademola oluwabusayo
- Take Me To Africa I Dream Of, ademola oluwabusayo
- carpe diem