Anniversary Poems - Poems For Anniversary
Poems about anniversary. You can read the best anniversary poems. Browse through all anniversary poems.
A Breath On The Silver - Poem by Nicky Lloyd
Candlelight. Always candlelight
We smile at the delicate eccentricity of our Friday folly
Our working week worked, still you court reflections.
And still, for the sake of your smile, I embroider the truth
Crafting my daytime drudgery into a compelling drama.
Comedic, tragic and teasing, I know that you know what is real
Yet in your eyes your enchantment is authentic and alluring
Lovingly and knowingly you liberate my penchant for amusing anecdotes
And in doing so my employ parallels the insipid and the inspiring
Strange bedfellows and, as I recall, such was once upon a time said of us.
Wine. Always a fine wine
We grin at the devilish extravagance we could ill-afford
Our working class veneer ajar to a shard of misplaced and, so you thought,
Secret snobbery, though I name dropp wines as others name dropp exotic holidays
For this is our weekly escape, our humble haven, nurtured with quirky formality,
We know our roles. I put down my case and loosen my tie to invite your culinary
Majesty through my veins as I place a kiss on your right cheek, the same cheek that you always offer. This is, I ponder, what you perceive to be your ‘Best Side’ and I smile as I see only two sides to your loveliness, your inside and your outside. I turn
t’wards the stairs and say, as I always say, “Be with you in a minute my lovely”
Silver. Always a breath on the silver.
We laugh at my Aladdin moment as I polish the cutlery in the same timid and tender way I would dress our children’s playground grazes as if I too was feeling their pain. The table plan, my table plan, fastidious and engraved to memory, is arranged with orderly angles and sterile lines. Did I ever ask you if it pleased you? Because, only now, can I concede the absence of any panache for the eye-catching that you could have so graciously and so effortlessly sprinkled upon the settings. The likelihood is I never did ask and, as is my want, I will have assumed that such precision and attention to detail would have impressed you. And as I see you tonight, in this light, so ageless and timeless I feel an overwhelming urge to say sorry.
Napkins. Always napkins.
We marvel at our blessings ‘neath willowy dancing flame. Our memoirs modest,
Our pleasures treasured and tonight, as ever, Friday ours.
Our children flown and, with lives of their own, we turn to pictures. Leafing through albums I carefully and, unsurprisingly, catalogued, I wonder. Did you ever feel the urge to blithely launch our lifetime memories skyward and gaily sit amongst their random landings? But sweet flower that you are you suffer and indulge my symmetry.
And now we are weary and I have talked too much so sleep safe my lovely for so shall I.
On this the fortieth anniversary of our marriage
And the fourth anniversary of your death.
Comments about A Breath On The Silver by Nicky Lloyd
Poems About Anniversary
- 151. A Breath On The Silver , Nicky Lloyd
- 152. Happy 4th Year Anniversary , Rochelle Dionisio
- 153. One Month Anniversary (2) , Tanner Gallman
- 154. Something From The Woman I Left Behind , Shirley Alexander
- 155. Loving Will , Jim Norausky
- 156. The 10th Anniversary , Mohammed AlBalushi
- 157. Shipping My Anniversary , Pookey's Poems
- 158. The Birthday Wish , Lola Kysar
- 159. Marriage Vows/Aniversary Successes , theodore colterelli
- 160. Farewell Visit To Ulysses -2- , Paolo Giuseppe Mazzarello
- 161. If I Told You I Love You , Hannah Barham
- 162. 15th Anniversary , Philo Yan
- 163. 9 Months , Reaper G...
- 164. How Many Doors , gershon hepner
- 165. Halku - 195 , Maria Barbara Korynt
- 166. No Verification After Exit , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 167. The Time Bound Relevance , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 168. Bouquests Of Flowers For You, Bapu On Yo.. , Bijay Kant Dubey
- 169. So , Lore Me34
- 170. Traveling Is Not Enough , gershon hepner
- 171. The Tenth Anniversary Of 9/11 , James Bredin
- 172. Travel Haiku - Hudson And Champlain's 40.. , john tiong chunghoo
- 173. Strip Jack! , David Lewis Paget
- 174. Watching The Universe , gershon hepner
- 175. The Vespers Of Jérémie, Grand 'Anse, Haiti , Hebert Logerie
- 176. I Get Clucky...(Smiles) , Kaila George
- 177. To Our Dear Daddy (On His 105th Birth An.. , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 178. Black Women And Summer Dream Tanka , Chenou Liu
- 179. Anniversary At Chili's , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 180. The Reality , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 181. Memorial Day , maria sudibyo
- 182. A Week From Today , Lore Me34
- 183. Nine Eleven Is The Day Of Days Gone Fore.. , Michael Gale
- 184. Mixed Three Liners , john tiong chunghoo
- 185. Tanka - Tsunami Anniversary , john tiong chunghoo
- 186. Don’t Do It. , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 187. Dying So Late , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 188. The Spirit Has Death , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 189. Voice Of My Heart , Joyce Hemsley
- 190. Great Seat Of Learning , Joyce Hemsley
- 191. Margaret , Jonathan ROBIN
- 192. Remembering You Mother , Meggie Gultiano
- 193. Zz Mike Nichols Dead At 83 , Saiom Shriver
- 194. Again , gershon hepner
- 195. Travel Macao Haiku - Cirque Du Soleil - .. , john tiong chunghoo
- 196. Our Fine Romance , Joyce Hemsley
- 197. Her Wish , RIC S. BASTASA
- 198. Rick And Vernie's Wedding , Randy Johnson
- 199. I Save For Them , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 200. Soon , Emmanuel George Cefai
New Anniversary Poems
- Stanzas Unknown, Joel Roderick Bisson
- (haiku) – Forget-Me-Nots, Bill Galvin
- (haiku) – May 7,1983, Bill Galvin
- A Different Anniversary, Raymond A Foss
- Twenty Six Years Of Marriage, Reagan A. Latumbo
- A Wedding Anniversary, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- 25th Marriage Anniversary, SWETA LEENA PANDA
- The Anniversary, Lyn Paul
- Bouquests Of Flowers For You, Bapu On Yo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Anniversary, David Boyce
- carpe diem