August Poems - Poems For August
Poems about august. You can read the best august poems. Browse through all august poems.
Chicago Teachers Union To March On Washington In Support Of Travon? - Poem by Luke Easter
First of all, did not 3 Black teens savagely beat & stomp a kid who is White?
On a Public School Bus no less in Florida while the driver watched the fight?
This innocent 13 year old kid received two black eyes and a fractured hand,
No Al Sharpton, no Jesse Jackson but the march on D.C they helped plan.
Of all indignities, The Chicago Teachers Union is going in unified support,
The Travyon killing but not Black murders in Chicago, they should abort,
Because for every 1 young Martin since that fateful Sanford, Florida day,
Hundreds of Blacks in their city have been shot close to 100 passed away.
Does Al’s, “National Action Network” & Jesse’s, “Rainbow Coalition, ”
Really have a united cause or do they only supply Racist ammunition?
Whereas, this White youth viciously attacked by three older Black teens,
Sparked very little if any outrage by these guys seeking support in green.
Donations to the cause are sought online, in church, in person, at rallies,
Nationally, Blacks killing Blacks in the thousands, the death toll tallies,
The four children of Martin Luther King Jr. also will be hosting as well,
Wondering if the senseless beating by 3 Blacks on 1 White any will tell?
August 21-28, is celebrating 50 years since MLK’s, “I Have A Dream, ”
Would Martin not berate those responsible for killing and beating a teen?
The Chicago Labor Freedom Riders bus trip is merely a slap in the face,
School begins August 26, yet some teachers are absent, what a disgrace.
A mass email sent to the entire Chicago Teachers Union, urges a protest,
Attend the march for foreclosures, the verdict, not students doing their best?
“We are marching for Trayvon, jobs, schools, health care, justice & dignity, ”
Ok, should not these educators begin not in D.C. but their own community?
A Black Cleveland RTA Bus Driver left his seat when a girl spit in his face,
But the Black school bus driver sat on his butt in Florida, what a disgrace,
This driver in Cleveland stood up for his rights and he should be rehired,
Yet the coward in Florida who barely raised his voice needs to be fired.
“Highlights the structural racism in our society, ” the email beseeches as well,
May they be referring to the continued attack on the White teen after he fell?
“Mass incarceration of our youth, ” is another of the Teachers Union concerns,
Possibly they’ll begin by teaching respect is only given after it’s been earned.
Comments about Chicago Teachers Union To March On Washington In Support Of Travon? by Luke Easter
Poems About August
- 151. Chicago Teachers Union To March On Washi.. , Luke Easter
- 152. Pear Haiku , Chenou Liu
- 153. A Contigent Notes On Truth(1) , Nyein Way
- 154. Feather In My Left Hand , Christina Sunrise
- 155. St Louis De Montfort's Prayer To Jesus C.. , Justin Reamer
- 156. A Somber August Day , Walterrean Salley
- 157. My Husband Is Not The Secretary Of State , gershon hepner
- 158. When New Year Comes , Dr.Rajendra Tela,Nirantar
- 159. Poetry In Commerce #1 , Bill Grace
- 160. Poetry In Commerce Number One , Bill Grace
- 161. The Rain-Crow , Madison Julius Cawein
- 162. Travel Haiku - April Atlanta - Smotherin.. , john tiong chunghoo
- 163. Saving Grace Budget , Joyce Hemsley
- 164. Collicks Schmollicks , Margaret Alice Second
- 165. Not An Urban Myth , Diana van den Berg
- 166. April Drifts , malini kadir
- 167. Haiku (Butterfly) , Melvina Germain
- 168. Sophisticated Willows , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 169. Tuck Soul In Shawl Of Poetry , Liza Sud
- 170. A Wet August Day In Millstreet , Francis Duggan
- 171. Hannie's 70th Birthday , Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthe ..
- 172. In Sandringham , Francis Duggan
- 173. From Bare Despair Prepare Rare Future Fair , Jonathan ROBIN
- 174. Passion Plot - Arthur Abacus' Affiancing , Jonathan ROBIN
- 175. Haiku A Love Lies Dying , A Poet Who Loves To Sing ... ..
- 176. Haiku - 160 , Dagmara Anna AuraDagimar
- 177. Haiku - 179 , Dagmara Anna AuraDagimar
- 178. Haiku - 186 , Dagmara Anna AuraDagimar
- 179. #362 Haiku Garden Of Dreams , Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- 180. Haiku Midnight Lullaby , A Poet Who Loves To Sing ... ..
- 181. Palmer , Edward Kofi Louis
- 182. A Flower To Auroville Mother-72 , Indira Renganathan
- 183. Orchid Hymns , gershon hepner
- 184. Two August Stormclouds , C Richard Miles
- 185. Meola , Edward Kofi Louis
- 186. Prologue 3 , Ahmad Shiddiqi
- 187. August Mercy Rains , Saiom Shriver
- 188. Haiku Open Eyes , Jonathan ROBIN
- 189. Inspiration Overflow , Diana van den Berg
- 190. Checkmate Prologue , Diana van den Berg
- 191. Thunder And Lightning , Diana van den Berg
- 192. Eye Struggle , Diana van den Berg
- 193. Freely Bound , Diana van den Berg
- 194. #92 Poetry In Motion Living A Passiona.. , Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- 195. Like On The Frying Pan - Tanka , Dagmara Anna AuraDagimar
- 196. My Husband Is Not Secretary Of State , gershon hepner
- 197. Sharing , Jonathan ROBIN
- 198. Life Happens...Our True Reward , A Poet Who Loves To Sing ... ..
- 199. Love Laughed...Desire Ended , A Poet Who Loves To Sing ... ..
- 200. These Hands , A Poet Who Loves To Sing ... ..
New August Poems
- August,2015, Akhtar Jawad
- August´s Auh Backe, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- One Black Night By The Forest In The Aug.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Secrecy News, michael walkerjohn
- Tell Me Why, Ronald Chapman
- September Is The Ninth Month Of Any Year, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- September, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- August Ke Nam..., pakeeza rizvi
- August Is Going To Expire, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Down The Lanes Of August, Edgar Albert Guest
- carpe diem