Beach Poems - Poems For Beach
Poems about beach. You can read the best beach poems. Browse through all beach poems.
What Have We Lost - Poem by Mike Visagie
I watched a child today playing on the beach
Walking, running, digging, laughing
Not concerned about the sand between his fingers
Or self-conscious of his nakedness.
Completely consumed by the wonders of this new world.
So much sand, so much you can do with it.
Look, look, look. Laughter drifting up the beach.
At what point in our lives do we loose this love of life
And start worrying about the sand between our fingers?
At what point do we become self conscious about our nakedness?
I know that running around screaming and throwing sand
Is not nearly as much fun as it used to be.
And God forbid if I was to do it naked!
Is this the way it must be as we grow older?
That we should become more “sensible”
That we should cover up not only our nakedness
But so much more. That living in the moment
Is not only unwise but perhaps even reckless!
I look up and down the beach at the people
Not enjoying the sand but getting tanned.
In designer swimsuits and fashionable sunglasses
Trying to release the stress of months of work and
Dreading the rapidly approaching holiday end
But at least they will have the tan to wear for a while
The photographs to look back at and of course
They will start planning for the next holiday
And the child?
Well I look at him again and it is plain to see
That all he has are these moments. Moments full
Of fun, screams and sand. Not concerned with
How he got there or where he is going to next.
Not conscious of his nakedness or of the gazes
From the adults around.
“Grown-up’s” perhaps longing deep down inside
To be able to play naked in the sand without worrying
About yesterday, tomorrow or what others might think.
Sitting there I am reminded that the present moment is all we have.
The previous moment is gone and the next has not arrived.
With all our adult wisdom we have forgotten what
This child so instinctively knows.
Comments about What Have We Lost by Mike Visagie
Poems About Beach
- 1. What Have We Lost , Mike Visagie
- 2. My World , Sierra Case
- 3. The Nature For Me , Earam Dio
- 4. The Girl I Love , Scott Clark
- 5. Summer Scenes , e.e. wilholt
- 6. At The Beach , Emily Heath
- 7. Fantasy # 2: The Beach , jennifer hall
- 8. Without You , nenia unknown
- 9. This Puddle , Brent Terry
- 10. My Life , lena clift
- 11. Sanderlings , Paul Clement Czaja
- 12. A Bright Sky , Sophie Shaw
- 13. When I Go , Jennifer Corona
- 14. A Poet & His Wife (Mr. Nouveau Art And M.. , Daniel Partlow
- 15. Out Of Place , Alek Lenth
- 16. Hats In The Wind , Lottie McDuffie
- 17. The Beach , Amanda Lukas
- 18. Focus Of Happiness , Jeff Hobbs
- 19. Pondering Mariner , Kurt Hearth
- 20. Love In Paradise , Justin Gildow
- 21. Beach. , Francesco Perdona'
- 22. Billy My Friend, The Saint , Zachary Rice
- 23. Prelude , Bruce Beaver
- 24. A Tale Of Ours In The Ocean , Nik Hasif Nik Hasbollah
- 25. Hand In Hand , albot george
- 26. Clearwater Beach , Cigar Aficionado
- 27. Pogey Plant Wars , chris bowen
- 28. Waves Of Memorys , Jonathan Poland
- 29. Strangling Throat , chris bowen
- 30. Good And Bad , Jassmine Bee
- 31. The Fernandina Beach Shrimp Festival 2010 , chris bowen
- 32. The Shrimp Festival And Beauty Pageant , chris bowen
- 33. Picture Perfect Night! ! ! , alisha ortiz
- 34. My Lost Love , Marsheel ChandraMohan
- 35. My Death , Tony Smith
- 36. A Bonfire At San Simeon , Jack Worthington
- 37. For Papa...With Love , Waldon Pond Productions
- 38. He Never Did , Terry Collett
- 39. For Elliot , Lucie Flower
- 40. Lullaby , Boyan Deam
- 41. Linda And Friends' Hampton Beach Gardens , Gayle Sweeney
- 42. Lost In The Sea Of Love , Sonia Lunden
- 43. Tree By The Maritime Museum , Victoria Gauci
- 44. Pollution , siddhanth iyer
- 45. Another Sunny Afternoon , Steven Reeve
- 46. The Song At Maria’s Grave , Anne Hunter
- 47. Spring Is....... By Lawrence Brophy , Ejiro Okoro
- 48. Summerfades , Samuel Stuart Pennell
- 49. A Special Night At The Beach , LOUIS SHEFFIELD
- 50. The Beach , LOUIS SHEFFIELD
New Beach Poems
- West Beast East Beast, Theodor Seuss Geisel
- Cox's Bazar The Seabeach!, SAKISABRE Saki
- From....Ll, Morgan Michaels
- The Beach And Sea Shore, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Hippies On The Beach, Deborah Eker
- Beach, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Beach, Stephanie Boccia
- Vacation Of The Spirit, Eva Tortora
- How To Make It More Interesting, Jim Yerman
- Beach, Beach, gajanan mishra
- carpe diem