Car Poems - Poems For Car
Poems about car. You can read the best car poems. Browse through all car poems.
Bear-Shaped Bottle - Poem by Loyd C. Taylor, Sr.
Note: I went to the cupboard one day to make myself a cup of hot apple cider tea. As I pulled down my little honey bear-shaped bottle a thousand memories flooded my mind. I have one such memory I would like to share with you. I have placed a short story on fandtory.com I hope you have time to read. Please enjoy, Loyd
I took out my little bear-shaped honey bottle from the cupboard…
I walked over to where my mug sat, empty-mouthed staring up at me expectantly, as if to say; “fill me please! ” The water is whistling for me as the little boy across the street whistles for his retriever.
“OK, I’m coming! ”
I pour the steaming water onto my apple spice tea; flip the lid open on my bear-shaped honey bottle. I pour the non-artificial sweetener into my tea. I feel some of the sticky substance on my finger; instinctively I lift it to my mouth, deliciously sweet!
With the aroma of apples and spice lifting up to my nostrils, my thoughts begin drifting back to that beautiful afternoon, driving along the Blue Ridge Parkway, with the family.
Man, were we hungry!
But, every spot was taken. It seemed like everyone from the rat race of city life had the same idea.
The constant chant from the little mouths “when are we going to stop? I’m hungry…” was similar to that of a scratched phonograph record.
“Just a little while longer, ” I said, trying to suppress my growing impatience, as well as that of Granny’s in the back seat.
Please dear God, lead us to a place to park this car and to eat!
Suddenly ahead, could it be? There it was, to our right, an unbelievably refreshing sight, the perfect table for the spread. I stopped the car!
“Quick, everyone out! Grab the basket… grab the table cloth and drinks! ”
Thank you Lord!
Oh the joy!
There we were, seated around, holding hands as we said grace. It was picture perfect, heaven-sent, and reminiscent of some scene from the Waltons.
Just then, mom cried out; “Careful, a bee! ”
“It’s just one little honeybee” I said. “Just leave it alone, it’ll go away. Pass the chicken and some bread.”
Then… our little friend had a little friend that joined him, now there were two little bees.
The kids were now swatting at them… as was Granny. “No, don’t do that! Just leave them alone and eat! ”
Then there were six or eight flying around our paper picnic plates… stealing drinks from the Styrofoam cups.
We then became deeply concerned for the first eight bees had summoned … eight more, and then came more and more and...
Quick everyone…. grab the basket! Grab the tablecloth! Leave the drinks right where they are. Hurry, hurry, back in the car! Roll up the Windows…”
Man, what a day! Sure never thought things would go this way.
Safe now, but disappointed as we pulled back onto the road. I mumbled; “Those honey bees had spoiled it all! ”
Such determined creatures that would go to any length to make that pure non-artificial sweetener. You had to give them their dues.
I nonchalantly glanced back in my rearview, forgive me Lord, but I had to laugh.
“Look, I told everyone in the car… back behind us! ”
For, another family had an answer to their prayers.
We all giggled as we drove away.
Good luck, I thought, and have a nice day!
It was a sweet memory indeed. I gave my apple-spice tea one final stir, took a swallow and smiled to myself…
Then I placed my little bear-shaped bottle back in the cupboard on the shelf.
Written by Loyd Taylor
Comments about Bear-Shaped Bottle by Loyd C. Taylor, Sr.
Poems About Car
- 251. Bear-Shaped Bottle , Loyd C. Taylor, Sr.
- 252. Bah! To The Car , George BernardBloodyShaw
- 253. We Are A Train (Through The Eyes Of A Gr.. , Astrid Hardjana
- 254. Lucre , Joshua Tesha
- 255. Free Arcsoft Scrapbook , rwetewrt erwtwer
- 256. New Years , rwetewrt erwtwer
- 257. The Hybrid Car , Mr. Bean
- 258. Character Sketch-Class Assignment , Ms. JStar
- 259. Hudson Hornet , Robert Edgar Burns
- 260. Knocked And Ran , aziz ahmad
- 261. At The Time... , Simmon Tan
- 262. Knocked And Ran , Aziz Ahmad 'Aziz Moradabadi'
- 263. Wreck Site , Daniel Richards
- 264. Dark Night , Akhil Zoomin
- 265. My Dream Car , Aiden Bird
- 266. The Almost 9 Minutes Car Ride , Oscar Mireles
- 267. The Scratch Preached , Sameer Daniel Gardner
- 268. I Only Feel Alive , Stuart Logan
- 269. A Single Car , Patrick O'Reilly
- 270. No One Left Behind , Beautiful Lover
- 271. Achilles , Pete Rivera
- 272. The Rain Of Love , Obed Akuma
- 273. Tonight, I Am Gone , Malory Joyce
- 274. The Brave Old Soldier , Andrew Matthews
- 275. Bis Repetita Non Placent , Marcel Aouizerate
- 276. What's A Trunk? , Jim Yerman
- 277. Christmas Tree '93 , Melanie Ann Calvert
- 278. Long Hot Summer , Linda Hepner
- 279. Police – The Racers , PAUL WARREN
- 280. Chapter 18. Kidnapped , Katherine Shaw
- 281. A Drop Of Rain , Ahmed Sabry
- 282. Act 2 Scene 4 , brianna arnott
- 283. Brotherhood (Pvt Kennedy) , O.S. Brooks
- 284. Dont Let The Dream Die , phillip seymore
- 285. Work, To Ends Meet , Dean Buckfield
- 286. Not Fineshd , Djean Whitney
- 287. Road Trip , Maya Stein
- 288. Imitation De Camus , Marcel Aouizerate
- 289. Backed Up For Miles , Cyndi K. Gacosta
- 290. Boot Sale , Paul Freiter
- 291. A Thousand Letter (Its Sad) , Crystal Mende
- 292. On High Street , Cody Klinker
- 293. Driving Down Doomsday Road , Mansa Haruna
- 294. Nightmare , Janessa Beitler
- 295. In Your Heart , Buti Roos
- 296. Rainbow Tale (A Novel) Chapter Three , Z.I. Mahmud
- 297. I Must Contemplate This Animal Cross , Lak'wab Asis Nganai
- 298. Carpe Diem (Latin) , okeme james
- 299. Hitchhiking With The Devil , Karen Eisenlord
- 300. Rescued By An Angel , Clarence A. Graham, Jr.
New Car Poems
- Zz Sai Baba And Car Miracles, Saiom Shriver
- Alienated (Story+glow In The Dark Painti.., glowinthedark art
- The New Car, Vera Sidhwa
- A Night On The Subway, Joseph Peter Ostapiuk
- It Was My Car Invited!, Nyota Yasulwe
- Adjusting To The Times, Donal Mahoney
- Reasons, Tsunami HiroshiSu
- Indian Ghost Song, Joseph DeMarco
- She Got Into The Car, Ali Rahimi
- Dark Night, Akhil Zoomin
- carpe diem