Chicago Poems - Poems For Chicago
Poems about chicago. You can read the best chicago poems. Browse through all chicago poems.
His song remains secret.
He worked too hard to read books.
He never heard how Sherwood Anderson
Got out of it, and fled to Chicago, furious to free himself
From his hatred of factories.
My father toiled fifty years
At Hazel-Atlas Glass,
Caught among girders that smash the kneecaps
Of dumb honyaks.
Did he shudder with hatred in the cold shadow of grease?
Maybe. But my brother and I do know
He came home as quiet as the evening.
He will be getting dark, soon,
And loom through new snow.
I know his ghost will drift home
To the Ohio River, and sit down, alone,
Whittling a root.
He will say nothing.
The waters flow past, older, younger
Than he is, or I am. read more »
86.Cat On Hat
I would not wear my old spats
so long as I had cat on hat,
We'd step in puddles water splat
but high and dry is cat on hat, read more »
He swayed on top of the tall tower
and braved a cold Chicago shower.
His bank accounts were in arrears
the biggest sum was owed to Sears. read more »
88.##29 (Vivekananda) A Study Tour of India
Starting from the North
Up to the tail end of the South,
Narendra took a study tour
Of different places all over. read more »
89.In The Realms Of The Unreal
In the heathenish country of enslaved white children,
Nine little girls become the martyrs who lead the Christian charge
(Sometimes stark naked,
And other times in blue dresses, read more »
90.Black N White (Cloak N Dagger Poem)
I've always been a man who treasures black and white.
One either is still breating or one must be dead,
all cats are gray due to the colour of the darkest night
so black and white is king and that is what I said. read more »
91.a chat with a friend whose name you need not know
well she starts with hello how are you
i say, i am fine how about you?
she is not, perhaps, she has a quarrel read more »
92.:) Poem of Pure Autobiography
Mother was Presbyterian and Dad Roman Catholic
It took them a silver anniversary to truly bridge the gulf
And I about as long to find my way
With help from Quakers and Unitarians and other read more »
Pure poets think poetic thoughts,
and never write them down,
subjecting them to poet courts
to bury with a frown, read more »
94.Is There Incest in the Obama Family?
It's Saturday Night Live.....
I mean come on. It’s Chicago’s South side.
Admittedly, there is no evidence of that, read more »
My song will rest while I rest. I struggle along. I'll get back to the corn and
the open fields. Don't fret, love, I'll come out all right.
Back of Chicago the open fields. Were you ever there—trains coming toward read more »
96.'Shoe Shine Boy'
Chicago train station, midst their porcelain tunnels
You would hear this young voice cry.
' Shine! ', 'Fifty cents! '
As daily commuters rushing home would pass on by. read more »
New Chicago Poems
- The Chicago Poem, Jerome Rothenberg
- Evening Song, Sherwood Anderson
- My Kind of Town, Ima Ryma
- Jackie Robinson West, Ima Ryma
- Crackling Again, Donal Mahoney
- People Who Live Above Stores, Donal Mahoney
- Lake Michigan, Kate Harrington
- To Conjure Up, Kevin Kiely
- Those Good Tomatoes, Donal Mahoney
- Caseworker Determining Eligibility, Donal Mahoney
- Caseworker: Yams and Plantain, Donal Mahoney
- The Great Chicago Fire, Thomas Koron
- Cats At Their Bowls Lapping, Donal Mahoney
- Shall I Compare She to A Chicago Winter, Lore Me34
- Gentleman, Jaipal Singh
- Chicago, Morgan Michaels
- Lemon Underwear, Donal Mahoney
- Cub and Flub, Ima Ryma
- Bending, Grabbing, Sorting, Donal Mahoney
- Winter on Astor Street, Donal Mahoney
- Chicago Dog, Ima Ryma
- An Irish Enclave,1956, Donal Mahoney
- Harvesting Pumpkins, Donal Mahoney
- 3-year old among 13 shot in Sanford Fla..., Luke Easter
- Elegy, oskar hansen
- Scene from Yom Kippur 1972, Donal Mahoney
- Savannah Belle, Donal Mahoney
- Gunners Be Gone, Ima Ryma
- Chicago, Marissa Liebowitz
- Trumpeter Swans - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Lookıng For A Girl Across The United Sta.., Nicolas GRENIER
- Armadillo Home, Donal Mahoney
- Chicago, everette johnson
- Bag Lady, Donal Mahoney
- Coal Bins, Donal Mahoney
- Letter to Annie Far Away, Donal Mahoney
- Caseworker's Tune, Donal Mahoney
- Satin and Grace, Donal Mahoney
- On the Road to Chicago, Donal Mahoney
- Bells from the Cathedral, Donal Mahoney
- Southside Chicago Blues, George Hunter
- Chicago [1920's slang], R.K. Cowles
- Chicago, Charlotte Lidia
- 'Lemon Underwear', Donal Mahoney
- Providential Hope In The Windy City, Albrando Lucino
- WINGS OF A DOVE, Aldo Kraas
- GOING DOWN, Aldo Kraas
- Chicago through my eyes, tationa triplett
- CHICAGO SAMBA, Aldo Kraas
- Yesterday, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- Chicago, Cadence Hanshew
- Charley Plays A Tune (V5), Michael Lee Johnson
- PURPLE OPULENCE, RIC S. BASTASA
- Chicago Fire, Kurt Kacich
- Changing Of The Seasons, Shel Silverstein
- For Selma, Langston Hughes
- Brass Spittoons, Langston Hughes
- a friend in chicago is in relationship, RIC S. BASTASA
- CHICAGO ART INSTITUTE, Michael Pruchnicki
- ''The South Side of Chicago'' by David H.., David Hart
- Travel Haiku - Chicago, my other Paris, john tiong chunghoo
- Chicago, Lea Wilson
- Tough Streets Of Chicago, rico avila
- 'Shoe Shine Boy', Linda Winchell
- Radio Station: Chico, The Latest News, Atef Ayadi
- Radio Station: Chico, Irish Tuesday, Atef Ayadi
- & Living Like a Gypsy, Mamta Agarwal
- my auntie zousy, RIC S. BASTASA
- Candlelight, Gus Oloroso
- God Bless All, Saiom Shriver
- A FILIPINO WRITES FROM CHICAGO, RIC S. BASTASA
- caregiver leaving again, RIC S. BASTASA
- Chicago, Floyd Crenshaw
- One Sided Love, Francis Duggan
- carpe diem