Child Poems - Poems For Child
Poems about child. You can read the best child poems. Browse through all child poems.
My Son - Poem by Jessica Kelly
Nature over nurture is the debate, I was told… Well, I could not hug my child when he was barely one day old.
Something deep within me cringed with his every breath. I could not be around him. I could not feed him from my chest.
The scars that had haunted me had birthed this child of mine. From my womb he had taunted me knowing that he would share this bloodline.
I looked upon his naive face, upon my guilt ridden features, his malice. How could this child be anything more? My heart began to callous.
From his first breath I hated him, even before that still. I could not look upon him, he made me physically ill.
Why did this have to happen to me? How did I create such an offspring?
The answer’s plain and simple. I didn’t, I never wanted him.
His conception had been an accident. No, a cruel result of the torture I endured.
His father had come upon me, I was not even lured.
He had forcefully taken all that he wanted, and left me with this unwanted child.
Abortion was not an option, but just a glance of him raised my bile.
I placed him up for adoption that afternoon, as soon as I could I dismissed him.
I thought of him every full moon, his face so round and childlike.
But I knew better than to treat him as such, for he had the malevolence of his father in sight.
I would lay awake and remember this child, a piece of me and a piece of him.
Never again did I want to meet that smile, yet on the other side of the country this child was growing grim.
He had the love of a mother, though adopted he may be.
He had the comfort of a family, but this he could not see.
Nothing they gave was good enough for him, for he was alone and he knew better than them.
He would try to track down his birth mother. Though I would surely disappoint him, he would write me a letter.
The voice of his words was pained and I knew it. He wanted to meet me. There was nothing else to it.
What would I tell him? That I had hated him from birth?
How could I say that? That he is of no worth?
I couldn’t, I shouldn’t, he is a burden, a pain. I could never look upon him. All that would bring is shame.
This monster I had created had a thorn in his side.
That left his bestiality wounded, enough for it to subside.
His inhuman flesh had moved to reveal his inmost being.
As my eyes lay upon him I could feel his heart beating
A smile tormented the edges of his lips, though it was nothing of the malice I had never dreamed would dismiss.
His eyes lit up at the sight of mine. He ran towards me, arms lifted, and I realised... So were mine.
This child I had neglected had loved me from the start.
Though through his separation and angst, he never had a change of heart
As he folded me into his bear-like embrace, it was nothing like I had felt of the torment that day.
At forty years old, my son is twenty three. I love him beyond words, his personality he got from me.
He is married and has a child of his own.
His wife adores him, they have a beautiful home.
I am invited for lunches, and dinners, and parties. He holds no grudges. I know that he loves me.
Beyond all odds he had accepted me in. Nature and nature, the best had come out of him.
It was a choice beyond actions that had lead him to his fate. He had decided to be good, not matter the case.
He knows of his father, of my pain, of my hate.
He holds none of this against me, he even wants to meet his father one day.
“A person is a person, no matter what they have done.
You can decide to be different.” I admire my son…
Comments about My Son by Jessica Kelly
Poems About Child
- 1. My Son , Jessica Kelly
- 2. Sweet Child Of Mine , ivyjean patten brayfield
- 3. Childhood Memories... , Salim R Javed
- 4. In One's Age to One's Youth , Edith Matilda Thomas
- 5. Wife Is A Child Woman , Sundaram Krishnaswamy
- 6. Child Of The Future , Rosi Caswell
- 7. Fatherless Child , kamilah west
- 8. The Child Is The King , Phil Soar
- 9. Paint Of An African Child , Kiyaga Lyttle Cephas
- 10. Someone Has Taken My Child Away , Leon Thomas Lee
- 11. Children Of God , AHO Speaks
- 12. He Was Always There , Tressa Carliss
- 13. The Countdown Song , Rathindra Narayan Ghosh
- 14. Our Child , Margaret Zamorano
- 15. The Dark I Know Well , Shiv Wallis
- 16. Mother You Know, Your Child Is In Love , Raju Poudyarl
- 17. A Vision Of The Desert , Roden Berkeley Wriothesley N ..
- 18. Six-Toed Tina , Taylor Rosewood
- 19. Innocence , Janice M Pickett
- 20. Children Of Miraculous Color , AHO Speaks
- 21. Sodomite Priest , Fergus Michael Condron
- 22. When I Was A Child... , Jeffrey Lee
- 23. Sun, Clouds, Burn , Undureckin Schbaughts
- 24. In Your Eyes , Lydia J. McFarland
- 25. Aiedail's Lullabye , Janelle Morehart
- 26. A Storm , Maritza Rivas
- 27. Coming Of A Savior , Doris Cornago
- 28. @ Lotus-Flowers , Jordan Legaspi
- 29. Quatrain #127 - It Is Said That The Moth.. , George Krokos
- 30. Lost In Wal-Mart , Clyde Bryson
- 31. Fathers , Michael Gelb
- 32. When I Was A Child A Bully Would Challen.. , Anthony Cavuoti
- 33. On The Road That Leads To Tomorrow , Margaret Frye Cox
- 34. The Child Cry's For More , Thomas Becker
- 35. Spirited Back , Carlie Barham
- 36. Let Your Child Play , Charity Nduhiu
- 37. Let The Child Out , Bob Taub
- 38. Mother , Naga Bhanu Vemuri
- 39. If We All Were Like Children , Velmar Pewee Hale Johnson
- 40. Such A Child! , Nkululeko Mdudu
- 41. Wondering Child , brian naugher
- 42. The Eyes Of... , John Earing
- 43. Stolen Children, Broken Mothers , Sage Yamaya Gold
- 44. Enough Is Enough , david gerardino
- 45. For The Sake Of My Child , Todd M Davidson
- 46. Jerusalem Sings , david gerardino
- 47. Flying , Carlin Jones
- 48. Love Like A Child , Mazak Naglootiuka
- 49. Child , Marites C. Cayetano
- 50. Daddy , Ashley Griswold
New Child Poems
- No Choice, Lore Me34
- Mother, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Handle With Care, Halla Ingimars
- Flower Child In Need, Buddy Bee Anthony
- A Letter To My Child, Gedion Onyango
- The Storm-Child, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Temptor And The Tempted, alexander opicho
- Child, gajanan mishra
- Native Fly: African Child, Vinz Poetry
- Child Of Mine, AaI Harvey
- carpe diem