Childhood Poems - Poems For Childhood
Poems about childhood. You can read the best childhood poems. Browse through all childhood poems.
Out, Out - Poem by Robert Frost
The buzz-saw snarled and rattled in the yard
And made dust and dropped stove-length sticks of wood,
Sweet-scented stuff when the breeze drew across it.
And from there those that lifted eyes could count
Five mountain ranges one behind the other
Under the sunset far into Vermont.
And the saw snarled and rattled, snarled and rattled,
As it ran light, or had to bear a load.
And nothing happened: day was all but done.
Call it a day, I wish they might have said
To please the boy by giving him the half hour
That a boy counts so much when saved from work.
His sister stood beside them in her apron
To tell them "Supper." At that word, the saw,
As if to prove saws knew what supper meant,
Leaped out at the boy's hand, or seemed to leap -
He must have given the hand. However it was,
Neither refused the meeting. But the hand!
The boy's first outcry was a rueful laugh,
As he swung toward them holding up the hand
Half in appeal, but half as if to keep
The life from spilling. Then the boy saw all -
Since he was old enough to know, big boy
Doing a man's work, though a child at heart -
He saw all spoiled. "Don't let him cut my hand off -
The doctor, when he comes. Don't let him, sister!"
So. But the hand was gone already.
The doctor put him in the dark of ether.
He lay and puffed his lips out with his breath.
And then - the watcher at his pulse took fright.
No one believed. They listened at his heart.
Little - less - nothing! - and that ended it.
No more to build on there. And they, since they
Were not the one dead, turned to their affairs.
Comments about Out, Out by Robert Frost
Poems About Childhood
- 1. Out, Out , Robert Frost
- 2. Birches , Robert Frost
- 3. The Schoolboy , William Blake
- 4. A Child Asleep , Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- 5. The Swing , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 6. The Children's Hour , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 7. We Are Seven , William Wordsworth
- 8. My Heart Leaps Up , William Wordsworth
- 9. Block City , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 10. Childhood Is The Kingdom Where Nobody Dies , Edna St. Vincent Millay
- 11. Fern Hill , Dylan Thomas
- 12. Voices Of The Night , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 13. Second Childhood , Robert William Service
- 14. Second Childhood , Robert William Service
- 15. Childhood , Henry Vaughan
- 16. With Trumpet And Drum , Eugene Field
- 17. Childhood , Rainer Maria Rilke
- 18. Fifteen, Maybe Sixteen Things To Worry A.. , Judith Viorst
- 19. In The Waiting Room , Elizabeth Bishop
- 20. The Pleiades , Amy Lowell
- 21. The Retreat , Henry Vaughan
- 22. Childhood , Richard Aldington
- 23. Boy At The Window , Richard Wilbur
- 24. Last Word To Childhood , Arthur Seymour John Tessimond
- 25. A Boy Juggling A Soccer Ball , Christopher Merrill
- 26. Fruit Cocktail In Light Syrup , Amy Gerstler
- 27. Ithaca , Ira Sadoff
- 28. Another Country , Ryan Teitman
- 29. They Call This , Charles Kenneth Williams
- 30. The Gaffe , Charles Kenneth Williams
- 31. Television , Roald Dahl
- 32. Two Children , Spike Milligan
- 33. Because I Cannot Remember My First Kiss , Roger Bonair-Agard
- 34. My Childhood , Matthew Zapruder
- 35. On The Death Of Friends In Childhood , Donald Justice
- 36. In Childhood , Kimiko Hahn
- 37. On Turning Ten , Billy Collins
- 38. Her First Week , Sharon Olds
- 39. A Happy Childhood , William Matthews
- 40. From The Lives Of My Friends , Michael Dickman
- 41. Blur , Andrew Hudgins
- 42. A Child Is , Helena Sinervo
- 43. Pledge , Elizabeth Powell
- 44. What Is The Grass? , Lee Ann Brown
- 45. Don'T Let Me Be Lonely , Claudia Rankine
- 46. My Aunts , Meghan O'Rourke
- 47. Lullaby In Blue , Betsy Sholl
- 48. Childhood , David Bates
- 49. Childhood - The 21st Century , Ernestine Northover
- 50. So Does Everybody Else, Only Not So Much , Ogden Nash
New Childhood Poems
- Unforgettable Memory, Sahra Hussein
- My True Places That I Am Fond Of, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Kids, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Truth Of Childhood, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sounds Of Childhood, Shankaran Kutty
- Childhood Days, BALAMBAL SURYANARAYANAN
- Childhood, KAUSHAL SABOO
- Giving Birth, Nassy Fesharaki
- Naughtiness And My Childhood, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Villanelle: Even Childhood Teenage Nurtu.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- carpe diem