Childhood Poems - Poems For Childhood
Poems about childhood. You can read the best childhood poems. Browse through all childhood poems.
Faster Than Her Years - Poem by Melody Thaila Kuku
She sat still, her eyes fixed ahead At nothing.
The breeze blew a kiss on her Cheek to cheer,
But no, cheer was gone,
Only thoughts she long Suppressed,
Which rose now an army too Strong to defeat.
Gazing into the air, she thought of Wasted childhood,
Of plays she didn't have,
And years of rains that washed Her not.
Memories hit her hard.
She had grown, faster than her Years,
Childhood dreams stolen to the World of adulthood.
The scenes play themselves again.
A long time it was when once,
She lay between life and death.
Then months passed and years.
And she awoke to find the baby Fat all gone,
They had been exchanged with curves.
And two great peaks on the hill of Her chest.
And when time healed,
She toiled to live a life alien to her.
Lessons of maturity were not Learned by her.
So stumble she did and a fool she Was called.
But still she struggled,
And seasons passed with no one To whisper,
The heavy burden the heart bore.
Words of her mouth were to be Spoken like the aged.
Yet, she lived in two worlds,
The world of a child and aged,
Struggling to belong to one.
But each interfered and the aged World was chosen.
And like one in a dream,
She walked the adult's path.
But her tongue slipped with the Sounds of a child,
When she tried to master the World and suppress those Thoughts.
Torture it was, for failure tarried At her doorstep.
And when it's last straw broke,
She knew it was time,
Time to visit the world of her Childhood.
To grieve it's loss, to be a child but Once,
Letting the mind wander to the Happy scenes of those Remembered.
Before the sky as witness, she Made happy blabbering,
Played the kite and hide and seek,
And when it was over, she sat Letting the breeze this time to kiss Her
For now she could cheer.
She had grown faster than her Years,
A child mind imprisoned in the Body of an adult.
But no more,
No more will she struggle to be What not.
But will live free,
For the caged heart was free,
And under the eyes of the moon,
She knew she could walk happy The paths of the aged.
For she had found her childhood.
And though she had grown faster Than her years,
She will live happy, a child in an Adult body.
Comments about Faster Than Her Years by Melody Thaila Kuku
Poems About Childhood
- 1. Faster Than Her Years , Melody Thaila Kuku
- 2. Spiders And Fireflies , Carey Noelle
- 3. Lost My Childhood , James yardy
- 4. Hassle, Hassle The Crazy Cage , Raju Baruah
- 5. Frozen Buds , Natasha Kirke
- 6. The Child That I Am , Carole Moran
- 7. Wishes , Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- 8. Childhood , Matthias Pantaleon
- 9. Childhood , Anish Chouhan
- 10. Adulthood , Ezekiel Geoffery
- 11. Death Of My Childhood Place , Champs Ulysses Cabinatan
- 12. 'The Oddball In The Window' , Michael Micmac Mccrory
- 13. My Childhood Prince , Fritzie Abella
- 14. .7. Childhood , David Threadgold
- 15. Childhood , John Bannister Tabb
- 16. My Cycle Days , aashka thakkar
- 17. Carousel And Gioconda , Jüri Talvet
- 18. Children, What's Your Hurry? , Jim Yerman
- 19. Childhood , Rekha Menon
- 20. Robert (Rocky) Bates , alex sarich
- 21. Through The Faith Of A Child , Patricia Kelley
- 22. Where Does Fiction Grow, If Not The Mind.. , Savannah Salas
- 23. Child's Existence , Noel Tupan
- 24. The Kalevala - Rune Xxiii , Elias Lönnrot
- 25. The Uncertainty Of Memory , Tony Sweeting
- 26. Childhood , NITIN RAMNATH
- 27. In A Daze, The Confessions Of A Troubled.. , kennika jones
- 28. Childhood Swept Away , kat nomara
- 29. Two Lifes One World , laurel santaw
- 30. Reason , amar ghimire
- 31. Florida , Joy Thacker
- 32. My Childhood , Blessing Ekpe
- 33. Lovelist Stage Of Life , sarada panda
- 34. Haunting Energies , Rosi Caswell
- 35. Alicia , Manuel Odeny
- 36. I Miss My Home In Virginia , Joy Thacker
- 37. What Did You Come Here To See , Anthony Cavuoti
- 38. He Had A Really Hard Childhood , Susie Sunshine
- 39. Purifcation By Deth , seth kennedy
- 40. My Childhood Was Robbed , Trinny Trin
- 41. Dying , Shannon Monroe
- 42. Music In This Life , fabian montes
- 43. Childhood , Anirox Zorina
- 44. Childhood , Dr. Baishali Bhaumik Mitra
- 45. Tale Of Imagination , Amy Marie
- 46. Learning To Talk , Vijay Jacob
- 47. Essays On Literature , alexander opicho
- 48. Childhood Revisits Me , shirani ibrahim
- 49. Thief Of Childhood , Mohammad Tabish Hussain
- 50. Childhood , Gnana raju
New Childhood Poems
- Childhood Days, BALAMBAL SURYANARAYANAN
- Childhood, KAUSHAL SABOO
- Giving Birth, Nassy Fesharaki
- Naughtiness And My Childhood, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Villanelle: Even Childhood Teenage Nurtu.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Haiku(Childhood: A Lost Dream), Aftab Alam
- Through My Childhood, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Her Pretty Childhood, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- There's No Heaven, Neela Nath
- Facilities To Childhood., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- carpe diem