Childhood Poems - Poems For Childhood
Poems about childhood. You can read the best childhood poems. Browse through all childhood poems.
To Mother - Poem by Sally H. Christensen
I am alone!
I sit here an old woman,
And wonder why it is I who has lived on.
I am alone!
Time grows short.
The years and the memories pass.
I am alone!
But soon we shall be together,
All who were close and dear
And then I shall be alone no longer.
I sit and remember my childhood.
My mother, My Grandmother,
All who were dear,
How I held my little sister be the hand
As Mother sent me on an errand,
yet-- What was that Mary told me yesterday?
She asked me to remember.
I remember the day I was married,
The day my son was born--
But I cannot remember what the doctor
said the other day.
Surely my mind is clear!
I remember more clearly than ever
The things of my childhood;
But why can't I remember what happened yesterday?
I sometimes feel frightened
When I can't remember things.
I sit in this wheelchair
I watch television, but I can't remember
I forget what they said, what they did --
But I remember the days of my childhood--
The days of my youth.
The happy years, these I remember--
All the fun of long ago.
But soon I will be ninety---
And that was so very long ago-----
Comments about To Mother by Sally H. Christensen
Poems About Childhood
- 451. To Mother , Sally H. Christensen
- 452. When Little Girls Grow Up Part 2 , Susie Sunshine
- 453. Life W/O You... , Tiffany Guillory
- 454. Final Bow , Phil Panebianco
- 455. Arthur Very Sick And Alone , Susie Sunshine
- 456. Shattered Innocence , Brittany Bell
- 457. Childhood Is Calling , Drew Engman
- 458. Gone Forever! ! , Emma Jane Rae
- 459. Scd , Cindy Nwajei
- 460. King Cophetua , Hugo von Hofmannsthal
- 461. Shiver , Natasha Kalashnikova
- 462. Dreams. , Cameron Siobhan
- 463. Thirteen , Kian Sheik
- 464. A Time To Say Goodbye , Taylor Reed
- 465. Wonderland Revisited , Jacob Coleman
- 466. Remembering My Childhood , aye dev
- 467. When Did It.. , Jessica Hernandez (teardrop)
- 468. My Childhood , Natasa Tocuc
- 469. Where Are You Now? , ivor .e hogg
- 470. Because We Do Not Know When We'Ll Die , jon dusen
- 471. Addict's Cry 2of2 , wallace eaton
- 472. Apple, Oak , Linda Hepner
- 473. Love? ? ? , Dawn Gothic
- 474. Simple Observation #96 - It's Very Hard .. , George Krokos
- 475. I Understood Him #2 , Susie Sunshine
- 476. Childhood , Rekha Menon
- 477. Where Does Fiction Grow, If Not The Mind.. , Savannah Salas
- 478. Child's Existence , Noel Tupan
- 479. Spiders And Fireflies , Carey Noelle
- 480. Lost My Childhood , James yardy
- 481. Robert (Rocky) Bates , alex sarich
- 482. Through The Faith Of A Child , Patricia Kelley
- 483. Carousel And Gioconda , Jüri Talvet
- 484. Children, What's Your Hurry? , Jim Yerman
- 485. .7. Childhood , David Threadgold
- 486. Childhood , John Bannister Tabb
- 487. I Want To Return My Childhood , Jhadeswar Khanda
- 488. The Kalevala - Rune Xxiii , Elias Lönnrot
- 489. The Uncertainty Of Memory , Tony Sweeting
- 490. Childhood , NITIN RAMNATH
- 491. Childhood Swept Away , kat nomara
- 492. Two Lifes One World , laurel santaw
- 493. Childhood , Anish Chouhan
- 494. Childhood , Nero CaroZiv
- 495. I Miss My Home In Virginia , Joy Thacker
- 496. What Did You Come Here To See , Anthony Cavuoti
- 497. Florida , Joy Thacker
- 498. My Childhood , Blessing Ekpe
- 499. Adulthood , Ezekiel Geoffery
- 500. Wishes , Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
New Childhood Poems
- My True Places That I Am Fond Of, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Kids, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Truth Of Childhood, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sounds Of Childhood, Shankaran Kutty
- Childhood Days, BALAMBAL SURYANARAYANAN
- Childhood, KAUSHAL SABOO
- Giving Birth, Nassy Fesharaki
- Naughtiness And My Childhood, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Villanelle: Even Childhood Teenage Nurtu.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Haiku(Childhood: A Lost Dream), Aftab Alam
- carpe diem