Childhood Poems - Poems For Childhood
Poems about childhood. You can read the best childhood poems. Browse through all childhood poems.
121.The Child’s Dream
Buried in childhood’s cloudless dreams, a fair-haired nursling lay,
A soft smile hovered round the lips as if still oped to pray;
And then a vision came to him, of beauty, strange and mild,
Such as may only fill the dreams of a pure sinless child.
Stood by his couch an angel fair, with radiant, glitt’ring wings
Of hues as bright as the living gems the fount to Heaven flings;
With loving smile he bent above the fair child cradled there,
While sounds of sweet seraphic power stole o’er the fragrant air.
“Child, list to me,” he softly said, “on mission high I’m here:
Sent by that Glorious One to whom Heav’n bows in loving fear;
I seek thee now, whilst thou art still on the threshold of earth’s strife,
To speak of what thou knowest not yet, this new and wond’rous life.
“Dost cling to it? dost find this earth a fair and lovely one?
Dost love its bright-dyed birds and flowers, its radiant golden sun?
I come to bid thee leave it all—to turn from its bright bloom,
And, having closed thine eyes in death, descend into the tomb.
“Thou shudderest, child! with restless gaze from me thou turn’st away;
’Mid summer flowers and singing birds wouldst thou remain to play;
Thou still wouldst bask in the dear light of thy fond father’s smile,
And on thy mother’s doating heart would linger yet awhile.
“’Tis well, sweet child, I blame thee not, but in spheres far away
Are blossoms lovelier far than those which tempt thee here to stay;
And if the love of parents fond with joy thy heart doth fill,
In those bright distant realms is One who loves thee better still!
“That One for thee in suffering lived—for thy sake, too, he died;
Oh! like the ocean is His love, as deep, my child, as wide.
Leave, then, this earth ere hideous sin thy spotless brow shall dim—
One struggling breath, one parting pang, and then thou’lt be with Him!”
A smile lit up the sleeper’s face, but soon it softly fled,
The rose leaf cheeks and lips grew wan—could it be the child was dead?
Yes, dead—and spared the ills of life, and in bright bliss above
The pure soul nestles in the light of God’s unbounded Love. read more »
122.Never feel shy
Never stand alone
That may sweep you away
To throw somewhere on the way read more »
Hopeful eyes, happy smiles
Soft hands, million dreams
Is this not the identity of a child?
Then why do i see read more »
Unfortunately some did not have any toy
In the childhood... read more »
Ingrained, broken glass
scattered on every surface
my childhood playground read more »
126.Haiku - A bag of marbles
storeroom's bag of marbles
how fast childhood years
have rolled by read more »
childhood, beautiful childhood
But unfortunate to little one
where childhood is hardships
Where schooling is neglected read more »
128.Many Years Into Yesterday
On the banks of the Mississippi,
we fished for catfish
with a bent pin on a string.
We sat in ragged trousers read more »
I recall my first birthday, I think
A million years ago
I know I need a real stiff drink
My time is running low read more »
130.Wishes To Children.
Childhood dreams sweet dreams
From dreams a castle built
A castle in sea shore sand
There the child dreamed a life read more »
childhood o childhood;
please come back once again;
i again want to enjoy my that
days; read more »
132.Her pretty childhood
New Childhood Poems
- Naughtiness and my childhood, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My Childhood's Home, John Bradford
- There's No Heaven, Neela Nath
- Facilities To Childhood., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Epic Story Of Childhood., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Childhood For Differently Able., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Inviting Childhood, maharshi trivedi
- Wishes To Children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Childhood, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Childhood, A Lost Dream, Neela Nath
- Childhood, Aftab Alam
- Remembering Childhood, maharshi trivedi
- - Blessed -, Aparna Chatterjee
- CHILDHOOD'S MAGIC 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- the greatest sin, Nikhil Parekh
- Skipping Stones, Kyle Schlicher
- Enfance, Eric Dubois
- Childhood, Ravikumar C.P.
- My Childhood, Gamaliel Scipio
- Recall, Aparna Chatterjee
- Childhood, Biplab Singha
- my childhood, Saffan Asif
- Glimpses of My Childhood, Rohit Sapra
- My Childhood, Sir. Shaheer Ahmed
- Alufalism words, Senator alufalism
- My Childhood, micheal john
- Do You Remember Childhood, Faith Grayson
- When childhood comes back again, Alexander Povolotsky
- Lullaby, Eloida Capuno
- Childhood, Z.I. Mahmud
- Childhood, Tasha Thomson
- Alone Yet, Mashiur Rahman
- The Jingles From My Childhood, Nana Kwame Nketsiah
- Ode To Back Old Days, sunnetra basu
- I miss my childhood, Shashank Dwivedi
- Why Do Children Want To Grow, Kaila George
- childhood is..., shenika vermaak
- Childhood Marble Poem, john tiong chunghoo
- Childhood, Ron Burn
- Strange Twists In Parent Echo, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Return my Childhood, S.D. TIWARI
- Len Webster's 'Childhood Is...', Len Webster
- STANDING ON THE THRESHOLD, sudha pandey
- I am a lot wiser now than in my childhood, Aldo Kraas
- Childhood, paradise yuv
- I miss my childhood, Jinal Oswal
- Reviving Childhood, Amy Marie
- Childhood's Christmas, Patti Masterman
- Childhood, Ayesha A R
- A ribbon of notes, Patti Masterman
- Andante - Beethoven's Sixth Symphony, Annie Adams Fields
- My Innocent Childhood, Zeya Mallick
- Childhood, Just In Love
- Childhood, Ashmita Saha
- To Hans Christian Andersen, Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson
- Hassle, Hassle the Crazy Cage, Raju Baruah
- On Child Labour, Sameer Daniel Gardner
- Why, Amy Marie
- Abused Child, Mula Veereswara Rao
- Childhood, RiRi S...
- When My Childhood Dies, Evevona Plummer
- My Childhood, jahanvi .................... ..
- Super Mario Brothers Live As Video Gamer.., Ashleigh Leona Mellon
- Childhood, Kervan Aaron
- I can't remember, demarcus reynolds
- my childhood garden, danielle eager
- Lost times, A. V. Asreg
- My Childhood, Kiera R Lewis
- Innocence was stolen, Tiffany Johnson
- 2.03 Childhood - Youth - Old Age, Munindra (Munnan) Misra
- My Childhood Faded Away, Philip Lore
- Haiku - A bag of marbles, john tiong chunghoo
- I look through my childhood, Savio Vogt
- Childhood, Praveen Baid
- carpe diem