Poem about childhood. You can read the best childhood poems. Browse through all childhood poems.
Some deem I'm gentle, some I'm kind:
It may be so,--I cannot say.
I know I have a simple mind
And see things in a simple way;
And like a child I love to play.
I love to toy with pretty words
And syllable them into rhyme;
To make them sing like sunny birds
In happy droves with silver chime,
In dulcet groves in summer time.
I pray, with hair more white than grey,
And second childhood coming on,
That yet with wonderment I may
See life as in its lucent dawn,
And be by beauty so beguiled
I'll sing as sings a child. read more »
When I go on my morning walk,
Because I'm mild,
If I be in the mood to talk read more »
I cannot reach it; and my striving eye
Dazzles at it, as at eternity.
Were now that chronicle alive,
Those white designs which children drive, read more »
16.With Trumpet and Drum
With big tin trumpet and little red drum,
Marching like soldiers, the children come!
It 's this way and that way they circle and file---
My! but that music of theirs is fine! read more »
It would be good to give much thought, before
you try to find words for something so lost,
for those long childhood afternoons you knew
that vanished so completely -and why? read more »
18.Fifteen, Maybe Sixteen Things to Worry About
My pants could maybe fall down when I dive off the diving board.
My nose could maybe keep growing and never quit.
Miss Brearly could ask me to spell words like stomach and special.
(Stumick and speshul?) read more »
19.In the Waiting Room
In Worcester, Massachusetts,
I went with Aunt Consuelo
to keep her dentist's appointment
and sat and waited for her read more »
By day you cannot see the sky
For it is up so very high.
You look and look, but it's so blue
That you can never see right through. read more »
1 Happy those early days, when I
2 Shin'd in my angel-infancy!
3 Before I understood this place
4 Appointed for my second race, read more »
The bitterness. the misery, the wretchedness of childhood
Put me out of love with God. read more »
23.Boy at the Window
Seeing the snowman standing all alone
In dusk and cold is more than he can bear.
The small boy weeps to hear the wind prepare
A night of gnashings and enormous moan. read more »
24.Last Word To Childhood
Ice-cold fear has slowly decreased
As my bones have grown, my height increased.
Though I shiver in snow of dreams, I shall never
Freeze again in a noonday terror. read more »
New Childhood Poems
- Villanelle: Even childhood teenage nurtu.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- My Childhood's Home, John Bradford
- Her pretty childhood, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- There's No Heaven, Neela Nath
- Facilities To Childhood., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Epic Story Of Childhood., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Childhood For Differently Able., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Inviting Childhood, maharshi trivedi
- Wishes To Children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Childhood, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Childhood, A Lost Dream, Neela Nath
- Childhood, Aftab Alam
- Remembering Childhood, maharshi trivedi
- - Blessed -, Aparna Chatterjee
- CHILDHOOD'S MAGIC 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- the greatest sin, Nikhil Parekh
- Enfance, Eric Dubois
- Childhood, Aryaman Kakkar
- Childhood, Ravikumar C.P.
- My Childhood, Gamaliel Scipio
- Recall, Aparna Chatterjee
- Childhood, Biplab Singha
- my childhood, Saffan Asif
- Glimpses of My Childhood, Rohit Sapra
- My Childhood, Sir. Shaheer Ahmed
- Alufalism words, Senator alufalism
- Rondeau Reclimbing Childhood Tree, Jonathan ROBIN
- My Childhood, micheal john
- Do You Remember Childhood, Faith Grayson
- When childhood comes back again, Alexander Povolotsky
- Childhood Messages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Alicia, Manuel Odeny
- Since childhood the night scares you, Gert Strydom
- Childhood, Z.I. Mahmud
- Childhood, Tasha Thomson
- Alone Yet, Mashiur Rahman
- Childhood, Richard Netherland Cook
- The Jingles From My Childhood, Nana Kwame Nketsiah
- I miss my childhood, Shashank Dwivedi
- Why Do Children Want To Grow, Kaila George
- childhood is..., shenika vermaak
- Childhood Marble Poem, john tiong chunghoo
- Childhood, Ron Burn
- Strange Twists In Parent Echo, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Return my Childhood, S.D. TIWARI
- Len Webster's 'Childhood Is...', Len Webster
- STANDING ON THE THRESHOLD, sudha pandey
- I am a lot wiser now than in my childhood, Aldo Kraas
- Childhood, paradise yuv
- I miss my childhood, Jinal Oswal
- Reviving Childhood, Amy Marie
- Childhood's Christmas, Patti Masterman
- Childhood, Ayesha A R
- My Innocent Childhood, Zeya Mallick
- Childhood, Just In Love
- Childhood, Ashmita Saha
- Hassle, Hassle the Crazy Cage, Raju Baruah
- On Child Labour, Sameer Daniel Gardner
- Why, Amy Marie
- Abused Child, Mula Veereswara Rao
- Childhood, RiRi S...
- When My Childhood Dies, Evevona Plummer
- My Childhood, jahanvi .................... ..
- Super Mario Brothers Live As Video Gamer.., Ashleigh Leona Mellon
- Childhood, Kervan Aaron
- I can't remember, demarcus reynolds
- my childhood garden, danielle eager
- Lost times, A. V. Asreg
- My Childhood, Kiera R Lewis
- Innocence was stolen, Tiffany Johnson
- 2.03 Childhood - Youth - Old Age, Munindra (Munnan) Misra
- My Childhood Faded Away, Philip Lore
- Haiku - A bag of marbles, john tiong chunghoo
- I look through my childhood, Savio Vogt
- carpe diem