Children Poems - Poems For Children
Poems about children. You can read the best children poems. Browse through all children poems.
25.Home Again, Home Again
The children are back, the children are back—
They've come to take refuge, exhale and unpack;
The marriage has faltered, the job has gone bad,
Come open the door for them, Mother and Dad.
The city apartment is leaky and cold,
The landlord lascivious, greedy and old—
The mattress is lumpy, the oven's encrusted,
The freezer, the fan, and the toilet have rusted.
The company caved, the boss went broke,
The job and the love affair, all up in smoke.
The anguish of loneliness comes as a shock—
O heart in the doldrums, O heart in hock.
And so they return with their piles of possessions,
Their terrified cats and their mournful expressions,
Reclaiming the bedrooms they had in their teens,
Clean towels, warm comforter, glass figurines.
Downstairs in the kitchen the father and mother
Don't say a word, but they look at each other
As down from the hill comes Jill, comes Jack.
The children are back. The children are back. read more »
in the august of your life
you come barefoot to me read more »
27.July 4, 1974
At least it helps me to think about my son
a Leo/born to us
(Aries and Cancer) some
sixteen years ago read more »
28.Against Writing about Children
When I think of the many people
who privately despise children,
I can't say I'm completely shocked, read more »
29.A Child's Garden of Verses
For the long nights you lay awake
And watched for my unworthy sake:
For your most comfortable hand read more »
30.Last Word To Childhood
Ice-cold fear has slowly decreased
As my bones have grown, my height increased.
Though I shiver in snow of dreams, I shall never
Freeze again in a noonday terror. read more »
Two children (small), one Four, one Five,
Once saw a bee go in a hive,
They'd never seen a bee before!
So waited there to see some more. read more »
32.A Happy Childhood
My mother stands at the screen door, laughing.
“Out out damn Spot,” she commands our silly dog.
I wonder what this means. I rise into adult air read more »
33.A child is
A child is a house that parents inhabit.
How clear the small objects,
how the toys excite one's pity, little clothes read more »
34.On The Death Of Friends In Childhood
We shall not ever meet them bearded in heaven
Nor sunning themselves among the bald of hell;
If anywhere, in the deserted schoolyard at twilight,
forming a ring, perhaps, or joining hands read more »
Some deem I'm gentle, some I'm kind:
It may be so,--I cannot say.
I know I have a simple mind
And see things in a simple way; read more »
When I go on my morning walk,
Because I'm mild,
If I be in the mood to talk read more »
New Children Poems
- Smiles of teachers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thoughts from meadow near the school., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mother, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Child Smile, sherif monem
- African Child Through Your Eyes I See, Saviour Machuwaire
- let a child smile, Nikhil Parekh
- Mother never bear the cry, gajanan mishra
- My children my future, gajanan mishra
- Children're Our Future, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Child Represents God, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child., Carlton Douglas Kennedy
- Child, gajanan mishra
- Native Fly: African Child, Vinz Poetry
- This Child, Elannia Lake
- Child-line, gajanan mishra
- Come Little Children - John Debney, Sashka Salvatore
- Children, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Addison (Addy), Heather Burns
- Eyes of a child, Siddharth Shah
- A Child's Expression, Philo Yan
- A Mother, Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- Monday's Child is Ill, Bruce Larkin
- Truth Smiles In Child!, Ramdas Bhandarkar
- Children of Light, Jasdeep Hari Bhajan Singh Kh ..
- 7faces, sally ann jackson
- (Freedom poems) Fairy child, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- Toss and Grab 1,, veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Mondays Child Poem, anamika dev
- Every Child!, Eric Cockrell
- The child removes the sky and earth, Miroslava Odalovic
- The Child Had No Trust, Miroslava Odalovic
- Y... Close to my children, Aufie Zophy
- How Many Children? (Holiness), Eric Cockrell
- To Be A Child Again, Kenneth Davis
- Give Love To Children, akingbehin daniel murphy
- Hungry Children, Bethany Williams
- Once Children Are Rifting, Ezna Stephna
- A child stuck in time, Babygirl 1992
- Child In Your Arms, Dave Alan Walker
- A Prayer On Child Abuse, Ginny Cadle
- The African Mother, Ortiz Antwi
- Wind Child Love Embracing, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Children Do Not Suffer, Heather Burns
- The Story Of Nevermore, Raven Nevermore
- Why Me?, Kaleb Brown
- For A Child, Shalom Freedman
- LIFESONG, No Reason To Care
- LET THE CHILDREN REMEMBER, Aldo Kraas
- Three children, yvette carbajal
- Don't Cry, Child, Nina Dringo
- Mother's Love, Rhonda Bowdidge
- Sadness into one Heart, annamaria bicego
- The Child, Brie Carter
- why hate me i am just a child, Gamar robinson
- The Child, Maria Luisa Taylor
- Who Will Cry?, Natasha Ligons
- I know a child, Sami Woodall
- Child Molester, Ramona Thompson
- The Child, Helen Williamson
- Monday's Child, Zoe Field
- A Broken Child, Haley Brown
- Give Your Child A Heart., Palas Kumar Ray
- where is the child?, Sarah Abu Zeid
- The Child, Dr John Celes
- precious as a child, Morhardt Carmen Mencita Mono ..
- I Sent My Child To School Today, Doug Hollywood Davis
- There Are No Children Here, Violet Llewellyn
- Child's words, Old Amsterdam
- Child, Child, Sophia White
- THIS IS OUR WORLD! ! (SHOCKING n EXPLICIT), Renu Rakheja a.k.a Tranquil ..
- What children know (understand), Namie Elisha
- THE WAR OF THE CHILDREN, Aldo Kraas
- GIVE THIS CHILD WHAT SHE NEEDS, Aldo Kraas
- CHILDREN OF PERSIA, Aldo Kraas
- carpe diem