Children Poems - Poems For Children
Poems about children. You can read the best children poems. Browse through all children poems.
The Plight Of Children Today - Poem by Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar M.D.,
What looks like play for child with just toy gun,
Is not something done entirely for fun;
For, nowadays, one finds children misused,
For various reasons, and also abused.
Some buds can’t blossom into flowers good,
And beautify the plants on which they lie;
Nor landscapes, gardens or a far-off wood-
For, they are nipped early, destined to die!
Oh, what a sorry state of children now!
The world denies them freedom, basic rights;
Neglected by parents, they pine for love;
Children are prey to society’s vice-bites!
Orphaned, famished, ravished, bare-bodied, some,
Just spend their lives in pavement beggary;
Although quite beautiful and quite handsome,
They lead a miserable life that’s scary.
Why blame these kids for stealing eatables?
What will they do when hunger pangs seize them?
What can they do if offered drugs for free?
What can they do when misled by adults?
When acts of violence, TV screens display,
When scenes of taking revenge catch their eyes,
When war of words are witnessed by young minds,
Will not more children fall in vice-filled dens?
Most children love to eat and sleep and play;
They’re unable to do these things today;
Weighed down by satchel-full of books to school,
Some play truant and make their parents, ‘fool’!
And children are the victims when comes war;
Misused as jockeys for camel-race;
For less pay, working with adults at par;
You see just children with fear on their face.
Gun-toting children in military dress,
They have no parents to love or caress;
They learn to fight and shoot under duress;
Some, homosexual victims, in harness!
Child is the father of man tomorrow;
Most children live in dangers and sorrow;
Some leave their homes, when young akin sparrows;
Some toil by pushing carts and wheel-barrows!
A very sad plight of children today!
Some have to slog at nights almost like day;
Some barely-fed, learn vices, come what may;
The modern world has not a thing to say?
Copyright by Dr John Celes 4-11-2008
Comments about The Plight Of Children Today by Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar M.D.,
Poems About Children
- 201. The Plight Of Children Today , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 202. Children , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 203. Process One , AHO Speaks
- 204. Children , Aldo Kraas
- 205. Children Of God , Aldo Kraas
- 206. Children In America! , Eric Cockrell
- 207. Pain Of The Poor , Kazi Nazrul Islam
- 208. Children’s Day,2009 , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 209. Stop The Killing! , Eric Cockrell
- 210. Beware! Grown Up Children! , Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- 211. Children Of God , AHO Speaks
- 212. Problematic , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 213. Valuable Lessons , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 214. Lifeforce , Charles Hice
- 215. The War Children , Francis Duggan
- 216. Compared To Him , Francis Duggan
- 217. The Future Belong To The Children , Francis Duggan
- 218. Who Can See The Best In Everybody? , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 219. Parents Are Spared , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 220. Thirty-Nine Children , Patrick White
- 221. We Children Want , V P Mahur
- 222. There Were Children Too , Cynthia BuhainBaello
- 223. Little Sisters , Melvina Germain
- 224. What Of The Children? , (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- 225. So I Ask You...What Of The Children? , (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- 226. Who Will Teach The Children? (Rated 24) , (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- 227. Tales Of A Wayside Inn : Part 3. The Mus.. , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 228. Let The Children Come , gajanan mishra
- 229. Children Today , Naveed Akram
- 230. Sonnet # 337 , Luis Estable
- 231. Tom Earley , Saiom Shriver
- 232. Confused , AHO Speaks
- 233. Love Children , gajanan mishra
- 234. Father’s Day , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 235. The Tiny Voice , Francis Duggan
- 236. The Fingers Which Bath The Children! , Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- 237. God Comes, Howling… , Mark Heathcote
- 238. With You , Justin Reamer
- 239. No End , Aparna Chatterjee
- 240. How Archaic Can They Be? , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 241. A Children's Game , Ray Lucero
- 242. '' We'Re In A Battle That Cannot Be Won '' , bri mar
- 243. Her Name Was Snow (Children S S.. , louis rams
- 244. Cold Hate , Ima Ryma
- 245. Energy , AHO Speaks
- 246. Muslim Children , AHO Speaks
- 247. The Energy , AHO Speaks
- 248. Parent's Footsteps , Randy McClave
- 249. Laws That Are Just, What Are They , Is It Poetry
- 250. Discipline , AHO Speaks
New Children Poems
- If The Climate Invites Crime, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Children Of The World (Speech), Melvina Germain
- Always There Are The Children, Nikki Giovanni
- The Countdown Song, Rathindra Narayan Ghosh
- Children's Day May 5., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Right Now, michael walkerjohn
- Poisoned, Harley White
- She Changed The World With Her Music Today, Ronald Chapman
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- We Are Children, richard shekari
- carpe diem