Couplet Poems - Poems For Couplet
Poems about couplet. You can read the best couplet poems. Browse through all couplet poems.
Destiny Dies But Once - Poem by Aniruddha Pathak
Wise advise: live in now’s benign presence,
Scarce in unravelling life not yet made,
Nor in the past buried deep, dark and dense,
No sunshine falls on one dreaming in shed.
Take the fibre of life yet to unfold—
We dye it with rainbow colours our own,
Spin it, weave it with warps and woops unrolled
To reap for us fated fabric unknown.
Seeds sown in spring bear no fruits by next fall,
The light and dark shadows we gather here
Cast their imprint on life’s eternal wall,
The dead past often does reappear.
Man lives as if on New Year’s dying eve,
One eye on year to come, one on to leave.
The past may die, never its lasting charm,
Things die bequeathing their memories warm.
As Krishna’s Song would ne’er die on bookracks,
Nor Vedic chants stop reverberating,
Nor ever notes of Beethoven’s, of Bach’s,
Should faint to loosen their mystical ring.
So be the charm of unfolding morrow,
With seeds sown fruits are always awaited,
For taste remains, remains desire to grow,
Without desires the life is good as dead.
Ergo, life riseth time and time again,
The past liveth tell-tale marks for ever,
Man must savour or suffer fruits of pain;
Destiny dies but once journey’s when o’er.
Man ideally should live in the present moment,
but would continue still to dream that comes to
be from the world of his past. The life gets
born on the wings of this eternal dilemma.
The basis of rebirth is desire and the journey
of life ends only when all desires die. In a
way everyone’s ultimate destiny is the same.
The soul merges but once when it realises the
ultimate, and reaches the end of its long
journey. Yes, the destiny dies but once. These
concepts form the basis of this poem, which is
actually a combination of two sonnets.
The second one starts with the interlinking couplet.
- Sonnets | 08.10.08 |
Comments about Destiny Dies But Once by Aniruddha Pathak
Poems About Couplet
- 1. Destiny Dies But Once , Aniruddha Pathak
- 2. I'M A Piece Of Work , Francie Lynch
- 3. Prayer Emotion Is, Not Motion , Aniruddha Pathak
- 4. A Poets Hope , Keith Oldrey
- 5. 0992.Mata Amritanandamayi-Servant Of Ser.. , amma and rajappa
- 6. Who Am I , Francie Lynch
- 7. In Search Of Aphrodite , James Walter Orr
- 8. The Mirage , Aniruddha Pathak
- 9. Master Valluvan, The Long-Misunderstood .. , T (no first name) Wignesan
- 10. To Thee , Rai Tula
- 11. Hearken To Your Heart’s Silent Hint , Aniruddha Pathak
- 12. Elegy On Jigar Moradabadi , aziz ahmad
- 13. Room At The Inn , Amera Andersen
- 14. Groundhog Day , Nancy Chambers
- 15. Song Without A Voice , Albert Ahearn
- 16. Sonnet Minus One: A Jest [acrostic On Th.. , Richard St. Clair
- 17. On Reading Mr. Theodore Watt’s Sonnet, ‘.. , William Bell Scott
- 18. The Dream , Maurice Harris
- 19. If I , Eli MorenoDrew
- 20. Season's Cornation Day (Italian Sonnet) , Susan Crowe
- 21. What A Dilemma , maggie signaigo
- 22. What A Dilemma (A Shakespearean Sonnet?) , maggie signaigo
- 23. Nihilia , Ashton John Fischer Jr.
- 24. Poet Meeting , Charles WOO
- 25. Poem, Wine, Fiddle & Chess , Charles WOO
- 26. A Lark , Karnail Singh Heirwale
- 27. Rainbow , Kay Bressner
- 28. Poems , Amanda Lobsiger
- 29. Syringa Vulgaris , Kevin Thaddeus FisherPaulson
- 30. January As Poet-Lover , Glenn Bagshaw
- 31. Font Color=darkvioletlucky (School Assig.. , Jane Meyer
- 32. Poetry , Deci Hernandez
- 33. On The Road To Chorrera , Arlo Bates
- 34. Song Of Birth [*july,15th 05*] , arsyad paripurna II
- 35. Evgeny Onegin 5 A.S. Pushkin , Yuri Starostin
- 36. To Transmit The Culture Fire , Charles WOO
- 37. A Blank Page , Elia Michael
- 38. The Widow’s Watch , Amera Andersen
- 39. Mind Movement #4 , Amera Andersen
- 40. Return The Princess , Amera Andersen
- 41. Thief Of Light , Ronald Peat
- 42. 2. Thief Of Light , Ronald Peat
- 43. Road To Damascus , Love love love Rachel Ann Bu ..
- 44. An Explication Of My Faith And Its Rewar.. , Maurice Harris
- 45. Beyond Infinity , Amera Andersen
- 46. Stealthily, Free Verse , Fidel Arcenas
- 47. Soliloquy , Gaurav Tiwary
- 48. Divine Force (Terza Rima Sonnet) , hema ravi
- 49. The Ghost Has No Home , Jeff Clark
- 50. Erased , Amera Andersen
New Couplet Poems
- Syringa Vulgaris, Kevin Thaddeus FisherPaulson
- My Life, As A Poem, Kelly Kurt
- Matching An Antithetical Couplet And Rec.., Luo Zhihai
- _my Erato (Narrative), Irresistible Erato myMuse
- A Match, Sadiqullah Khan
- Alankar(Decor) -202, Indira Renganathan
- Without You, Muhammad Shanazar
- The Secret Of Thy Smile, Aniruddha Pathak
- Hearken To Your Heart’s Silent Hint, Aniruddha Pathak
- Fête De L'Internet 1998 With Khemi, Jonathan ROBIN
- carpe diem