Dark Poems - Poems For Dark
Poems about dark. You can read the best dark poems. Browse through all dark poems.
Dark Matter Matters - Poem by Harley White
Dark matter seems to be
What isn't there to be seen
What we see.
They dub it dark since you cannot detect it
Nor can they inspect it
Yet, while it can't be descried
It cannot be denied
For equations that irk
Should dark matter matter,
Would dark matter matter
A titter or twitter,
A transmitter flitter,
A spatter or smatter-
This transparent matter-
To other than fans of the science news
Or hopefuls for lists of physics who's whos?
Like other matters of matter that matter
A pitter or patter, a skitter or scatter,
It has to be plumbed, summed up and summed down,
Verified, clarified, ere it's dumbed down.
One cannot spot it with unaided eyes-
Oh, may the way to explore it be wise!
Some sons and daughters of Mother Earth's waters
And sands of the dreamlands of Father Time
Are trying to fathom celestial history,
Master its mystery, reason and rhyme.
Physicists hunt for dark matter, to move it
With particle accelerators, to prove it
Exists as suspected, from data collected
With outcome expected, eureka! projected...
But let us remember that they call it dark.
How can one discern an invisible quark?
They're searching to learn of this strange seeming stuff,
For knowledge is power- there's never enough...
It's thought our universe has a whole lot of it.
Those who suppose it give info they've got of it...
Dark matter exerts gravitational pull.
It glues stars together, makes galaxies full.
Unlike normal matter it plays hide and seek
And so much of it's interactively weak...
Speaking of such massiveness subatomic,
Its acronym is ironically comic...
With or without this WIMP snicker factor
There's still a detractor or two around...
Though a gamma ray clue may have been found
In the center of our own Milky Way-
Dark matter collisions, that is to say.
A curious mind always digs and delves.
Yet, are we not getting ahead of ourselves?
High fly the dreams of the capped and gowned
To be world-renowned, laureate-crowned...
Breakthroughs in deep outer space astound...
While here on the ground, horrors abound!
Be it phantom or really elusively there,
Dark matter inferred, if ever laid bare,
When we've been interred, with nary a word
To mark our swift passage, might have the last laugh
With 'what fools were mortals! ' for our cenotaph-
'Nature and Nature's laws lay hid in night:
Humans unlocked them, but all was not light.'
(January 2011-Granada, Spain)
Comments about Dark Matter Matters by Harley White
Poems About Dark
- 351. Dark Matter Matters , Harley White
- 352. Matrix Of Illusory , Mason Maestro
- 353. Axis Of Life , Arno Le Roux
- 354. Thinking In A Dark Room , samuel munachim
- 355. Melancholy Wintertime Thoughts , Tom Gibo
- 356. Visualize And Wonder , Poet Dragon
- 357. The Question , flariza bazu
- 358. Exploded View , Jake Adam York
- 359. Darkness , Thomas Ware
- 360. ...They All Go Into The Dark , Aaron Graham
- 361. A Remembrance , Henry Alford
- 362. The Dark Master , bruce meyerson
- 363. Chicomico - Part V , Lucretia Maria Davidson
- 364. Dark Sides Of The Night... , munaph patel
- 365. A Chanuka And Christmas Carol , Daniel Partlow
- 366. The Dark , Tobbie WhiteBird Crowe
- 367. Helplessness , Ashley Helton
- 368. Void , Jackson Wings
- 369. Voice In The Dark , Casey Jarrell
- 370. The Story Of My Lonesome Life , Logan Marsh
- 371. Dark And Glory , Becky Schulz
- 372. Flowers In The Dark , Jamie Collins
- 373. The Writings In Mums Dark Room , Adeosun Olamide
- 374. Will I Ever Reach The Light That I See O.. , Danielle Elsworth
- 375. The Dark , Harold R Hunt Sr
- 376. Dark Child , Anthony Daniels
- 377. What We Set in Motion , Geffrey Davis
- 378. Selected Poems Of Dr. Mahendra Bhatnagar.. , MAHENDRA BHATNAGAR
- 379. .are You Afraid Of The Dark , NikMorgan ...
- 380. Beasts Within The Dark , graham russell
- 381. The Dark Star And The Fair , Christopher McInnes
- 382. The Ocean , Brent McCracken
- 383. The Darkest Sun , Anuvintha Rajeev
- 384. Dark Light , Roann Mendriq
- 385. Perfect Paradigm , Jacqueline C Nash
- 386. What Is Love , maria baez
- 387. Sestina, Going Home , Edwin Hopper
- 388. A Farewell , David Ferry
- 389. My Dark Love , Richard Nicholson
- 390. Ruslan And Lydmila A.S. Pushkin , Yuri Starostin
- 391. Symtoms , david gerardino
- 392. One Broken Mans Dreams , Eli Medina
- 393. Save Me , cynthia ham
- 394. Somber, Gets You Nowhere , Unic Cjonr
- 395. Deep Hole , Teleia Jones
- 396. Broken Love , kayla carbonel
- 397. Infinite Night , THEO RAY
- 398. Dark Souled , Maggie Mueller
- 399. Sweet Sweet October , Martina Salazar
- 400. Jacks Randomness , jack vondrake
New Dark Poems
- Dark Daughter, How To Paint & Sketch You?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Hey, Dark Is Beautiful, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dark Hearts, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Poetry Series, Bijay Kant Dubey
- One's Dark Heart, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Outside The Dark, Egbe Chris
- The Myths Of Dark Daughters (Poetry Of T.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Jayanta Mahapatra And His Poetical Paper.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Pang Called Love, Padma Prasad Devkota
- His Words, Raven Ozera
- carpe diem