Death Poems - Poems For Death
Poems about death. You can read the best death poems. Browse through all death poems.
The House Of Shadows - Poem by Rayhan Rhyne
A cat haunted a shalik, playfully. That bird dies off before the eyes of some earth-doves sitting on the tree. The moment the jerking stops, the moment death approaches- in what an unknown restraint, the cat retreats, slowly.
I was awaken in a house of shadows. The moment I wake up there, all the things around- that marble sword, the green eyes of envy, the false and the death keep watching me incessantly.
The path I walk on, or I myself is the path from whose two ends come forth numerous gifts, joys- is it death who sends so many things for me? !
The chopped corpses are searching their own hands and feet in the water-drum. On coming to this world, they have owned these hands and feet effortlessly. They didn't have to search them! In this drum, they fail to do it today.
Wherever I go an apparition chases me. In the guise of Death, he keeps waking with me, side by side. When I saw him first, we exchange no words. He seemed to me a dumb animal. Now, we always talk to each other. I have known that our all words are only with him.
Each me, moving slightly forward, crossing himself, can see, by looking back the dead 'me'. A stone cannot do that. The much lively 'me', hence, die in what measure, a stone does not die that much.
The unique gifts death sends to me, in the guise of those gifts, actually he himself encroaches. That he comes, is perceived gradually- when all the things around decay everyday, when all guises keep falling off! Whatever remains then, remaining in me, in the guise of my pleasure. Then I perceive, I myself, is also a gift from death which he cares to send to none but me.
Whatever we lose, death saves them with all possessiveness. Once, long after, I went there, in that haunted house, where a flock of kaathshalik used to roam about behind the kitchen-hut. I found no old women there, nor her custard-apple tree. The kitchen, which has been layered by earth, is calling someone in a very feeble voice; that sound reaches my ears.
The dog, which died few years back, I saw last night in my dream. Today I saw him once again- in the course of conversation, when the old woman, the seller of saffron, was surrendering to her own death, the dog was licking her body!
(Translated from Bangla by Raihan Sharif)
Comments about The House Of Shadows by Rayhan Rhyne
Poems About Death
- 401. The House Of Shadows , Rayhan Rhyne
- 402. Shores Wife , Anthony Chute
- 403. 2nd Chances , Loretta Doyle Smalley
- 404. Life Is Death , Adedeji Ologbenla
- 405. Aphorisms From Wisdom Collection: The Bo.. , Sorin Cerin
- 406. Death , khalifa mustapha
- 407. Kid Games , Beautifully Chaotic
- 408. Death Won'T Come.. , Darla Olsen
- 409. The Mirror , Cornelius Arnold
- 410. The Holy Virgin , James Green
- 411. Medulla Poetarum Romanorum - Vol. I. (D.. , Henry Baker
- 412. Natures Choice , nadia badilla
- 413. If I Had A Choice , victoria parks
- 414. Death , Heather R. Stewart
- 415. Essays On Literature , alexander opicho
- 416. Having Alittle Fun In Life Is Like Going.. , romeo vestweber
- 417.  Death And Life , Mahendra Bhatnagar
- 418. 8. Death , Daniel Cobb
- 419. My Death , ken hietaLa
- 420. A Memento Mori -- Or Remember Death , Rees Prichard
- 421. Let It Kill , Adens Kamwi
- 422. Aphorisms From Wisdom Collection: The Bo.. , Sorin Cerin
- 423. Death Will Always Be In Season , Dimitri Jagodinski
- 424. Parable Of The Dying Creatures , Kristoffer Randolf Ramos
- 425. Brush With Death , Eric Jensen
- 426. The Historie Of Henrie The Seventh , Charles Aleyn
- 427. My Duchess Plea , Adeosun Olamide
- 428. Author`s Note (Revised) , Steve Trimmer
- 429. Death Comes Tonight , Michael Buchanan
- 430. Life , That nice guy who wants love
- 431. Silent Death , Michael Buchanan
- 432. Why Pluck A Flower , Follower Of Sai Baba
- 433. Word Problem , Michael Fischer
- 434. Then There Comes Death , golden opulence
- 435. Kiss Of Death , jess barnely
- 436. My Man , YUKI SHIRAYUKI
- 437. Death Has Came , dymon sidebottom
- 438. Death The Artist , GuyAdler Dorelien
- 439. The Gift , Jose Aguilar
- 440. Tear Days , Kevin Massie
- 441. Death Of A Sun , benjamin ruffin
- 442. Life And Death , Elizabeth Turner
- 443. Death , Timothy hopkins
- 444. 'Quote 5' , Shania K. Younce
- 445. Death , Marie Causey
- 446. Death , Raven Pilipczuk
- 447. Violent Death Is The Bane Of African Wri.. , alexander opicho
- 448. Violent Death Is The Bane Of African Wri.. , alexander opicho
- 449. The Rhine Salmon Complaint, Translation .. , T (no first name) Wignesan
- 450. Death , Molly O'Shaunessy
New Death Poems
- Death, Death, Death, gajanan mishra
- Life And Death, Bhagyashree Naik
- Death Will Always Be In Season, Dimitri Jagodinski
- Death, Tyanna Willie
- When We Pass Away, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- Essays On Literature, alexander opicho
- Sweet Death, Jason Jinsung Lee
- The Legend Of Snake Hollow (A Halloween .., Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Fear Life And Not Death, gajanan mishra
- carpe diem