Depression Poems - Poems For Depression
Poems about depression. You can read the best depression poems. Browse through all depression poems.
Between Hope And Depression - Poem by Leaking Pen
I feel stuck inside a boxing ring
Between two matched champions
Throwing punches at each other
For one to win my mind's heart.
In round one out of…and still counting
Hope is declared the winner,
And my skies are clear blue
With no clouds in sight,
And I feel happy as a butterfly
Or like a hummingbird having any pick
From flower to flower, plant to plant
With plenty of choices to pick from.
Life is bright and life is great,
And most of nature's offerings are free
And are in full display and accessible.
In round two out of… and still counting
Depression is declared the winner,
And my world is turned upside down
By the rumbling noise of a tornado
Approaching my front doorsteps.
There is no escape from its destruction
Or pain, or personal injury, even death is a certainty
It is luck of the draw, and I wonder
If I can pull myself from under its weight
I need help!
There is no shame in seeking relief.
Never allow the beautiful soul that dwells in each of us
To be stigmatised by depression.
Round three out of… and still counting
It's a draw;
And this fight can be difficult to deal with.
As if I am suffering from a bipolar disorder,
One minute I'm flying as high as a kite on a clear blue sky,
The next I come crashing down like a tsunami wave
I'm always seesawing between hope and depression in an instant.
These sudden mood swings,
Tax the most patient saints in all families
And I wish it on no one.
I thank God for breakthroughs in the 21st century,
Solutions are a phone calls away.
But this is poetry after all, and its my call,
I choose to end my poem with rhyming verse.
Hope is sweeter that honey or a rich man's haul,
I honour it over depression to centre my earth.
July 30th 2011
Copyright Leaking Pen 2011
Rev Nov 4 2014
Comments about Between Hope And Depression by Leaking Pen
Poems About Depression
- 1. Between Hope And Depression , Leaking Pen
- 2. Stop Romanticizing , taylor Sanders
- 3. No Regrets , katey farmer
- 4. Sayings Of A Forgotten Soul , Vasto Grom
- 5. When We Laugh It Makes Us Feel Better , susan Garelick
- 6. He Loves Me , Bellaina Bella Hernandez
- 7. Letting Go , Robert Kallend
- 8. Future , francheska rosado
- 9. The Wall , Babs mcclenaghan
- 10. The Light , Kailee Falvo
- 11. It's Still There , alicia wattss
- 12. Keep Trying , Bo Edward Lawrence
- 13. Depression , Bo Edward Lawrence
- 14. My Favorite Depression , Thirteen Tears
- 15. You Think , Hannah Unknownnnnnn
- 16. What Is Black? , Julie Noelle De Leon
- 17. Thoughts , Sez Farr
- 18. Wsj 9.30 , Rob Villanueva
- 19. I Will Never Give Up On You , Susie Sunshine
- 20. Love Of Dark , brandon edwards
- 21. Labor Of Love , Dianna Clary
- 22. I Will Never Give Up On You. My Joy Is Y.. , Susie Sunshine
- 23. Depression , rayni black
- 24. Days , Danielle Assouline
- 25. Depression , jose pena
- 26. Rwanda Blues , Mark Pollins
- 27. The Recession , Rowina M Mallick
- 28. Rain , Ferdinand L Quintos
- 29. Depression , Jereldene Calvert
- 30. The Depression , Joe Pessecow
- 31. I Am Nothing , Tahnee Somebody
- 32. Low To High , mark king
- 33. What's Happen To Me , nicholas leisure
- 34. The Man Who Found His Happy Place , nicholas leisure
- 35. Stress , Criisy Caso
- 36. Tears , Dillon Keuthonymos Crawford
- 37. Depression , Brittney Wirth
- 38. Depressed , Shea Mcneal
- 39. Depression Is A Disease , Jessica Hernandez (teardrop)
- 40. Life In Paradise: 21st Century Style , Nancy Chambers
- 41. Sadness , Elle Malon
- 42. Depression , Christopher Ray
- 43. His Name Is Depression , chicohorse246 awsome
- 44. For You Sweetie , Patrick Shields
- 45. Creation In Evolution , Bill Darrah
- 46. Missing You , Kenton Jackson
- 47. Time Travel With George W. , Hubert Wilson
- 48. Torn Apart , Cassie Picariello
- 49. Am I Alone? ? , sheilisa brown
- 50. Alone , Danielle Seaton
New Depression Poems
- Depression, DAVID werts
- Suicide, Bunny Boo Vana
- Depression, Cecilia Riley
- Depressed., Brittnee Perlin
- Depression Is, sam nancollis
- Depression, Mysterygrl123 Angel
- Depression, Redefined, John Demon Jones
- The Poem Of Depression, Xara Smith
- Depression Is, Krystal Shearer
- Depression Can Hurt Bad, Krystal Shearer
- carpe diem