Despair Poems - Poems For Despair
Poems about despair. You can read the best despair poems. Browse through all despair poems.
Who is he?
A railroad track toward hell?
Breaking like a stick of furniture?
The hope that suddenly overflows the cesspool?
The love that goes down the drain like spit?
The love that said forever, forever
and then runs you over like a truck?
Are you a prayer that floats into a radio advertisement?
I don't like you very well.
You don't suit my clothes or my cigarettes.
Why do you locate here
as large as a tank,
aiming at one half of a lifetime?
Couldn't you just go float into a tree
instead of locating here at my roots,
forcing me out of the life I've led
when it's been my belly so long?
I'll take you along on the trip
where for so many years
my arms have been speechless read more »
DESPAIRING cries float ceaselessly toward me, day and night,
The sad voice of Death--the call of my nearest lover, putting forth,
alarmed, uncertain, read more »
Alone! Alone! No beacon, far or near!
No chart, no compass, and no anchor stay!
Like melting fog the mirage melts away
In all-surrounding darkness, void and clear. read more »
And canst thou mock mine agony, thus calm
In cloudless radiance, Queen of silver night?
Can you, ye flow'rets, spread your perfumed balm read more »
He has lost him completely. And now he is seeking
on the lips of every new lover
the lips of his beloved; in the embrace
of every new lover he seeks to be deluded read more »
18.The Peace of Wild Things
When despair grows in me
and I wake in the middle of the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake read more »
19.For Anne Gregory
'NEVER shall a young man,
Thrown into despair
By those great honey-coloured
Ramparts at your ear, read more »
O'er the midnight moorlands crying,
Thro' the cypress forests sighing,
In the night-wind madly flying,
Hellish forms with streaming hair; read more »
Cold in the earth - and the deep snow piled above thee!
Far, far removed, cold in the dreary grave!
Have I forgot, my only Love, to love thee,
Severed at last by Time's all-severing wave? read more »
LET me close the eyes of my soul
That I may not see
What stands between thee and me.
Let me shut the ears of my heart read more »
Beneath this gloomy shade,
By Nature only for my sorrows made,
I'll spend this voyce in crys,
In tears I'll waste these eyes read more »
24.Shall I Wasting in Despair
Shall I wasting in despair
Die because a woman's fair?
Or make pale my cheeks with care
'Cause another's rosy are? read more »
New Despair Poems
- Thou'rt Hope In Despair, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Thou'rt My Hope, Thou'rt My Despair, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Skeleton of Despair, maria sudibyo
- river eyes, jerica singleton
- Despair, Shalom Freedman
- Two sides of coin, hasmukh amathalal
- Haiku-Despair, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Friendship Destroyed - Cinquain, Noah Body
- Brooding Stare (senryu), hap rochelle
- Despair In Old Age, Shalom Freedman
- Despair, samuel ward
- Haiku- Hope and Despair, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Despair, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Hope and Despair, Jenim Dibie
- The Edge of Despair and Insanity, Tim Vallie
- Old Theme, David McLansky
- >>Blank space, Abdul Wahab
- Despair, Naveed Akram
- In Your Time Of Despair, Joshua Fegley
- On The Other Side Of Despair, Shalom Freedman
- Dissolution Dispelled, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Trapped In Despair, N.S. Colette
- Moondragons 4, doug bentley
- Despair Beyond Repair, Tina Chan
- black-n-white, Igor Grey Balatsky
- Drowning In The Water, Kemanie Abraham
- Poor Baby, Maren Louise
- My Despair Comes And Goes, Shalom Freedman
- Despair in Love, Love in Despair, Harrison Fairchild
- Meet My Despair, Steven Elsner
- Love So Strong, Joshua Aube
- Suicide -Haiku, 2bpositive 2bpositive
- Desperate Solutions, Naveed Akram
- Unanswered, Mark R Slaughter
- DESIRE AND DESPAIR, C.N.Premkumar (love poems, V ..
- The Pit of Despair!, Sara Tober
- Emotional Twins?, (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- Happiness...Despair, (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- Despair Is Not The End Of The World, Shalom Freedman
- Despair Is Darkness, Shalom Freedman
- The Poet Despairs, Shalom Freedman
- Emotional, Mandy Author2
- Lord let it be so inspired by the H.., rehanayakoob yakoob
- Far, Deepta Protik Osman
- Evil Alone, Sammy S. Quence
- Sea (Haiku), chloe young
- But Don't Despair, Mark R Slaughter
- A, Chandrashekar a posy poet
- Despair Comes Knocking, Melanie Walendowsky Baker
- Loneliness, Teresa Cooper
- Relations, Norbert Julius Lim
- Haiku#27, Mittur Ramprasad
- Pain, Mitchell Bulterman
- Despair Of The Early Morning, Shalom Freedman
- Despair, belvet trejo
- Despair, i know you do not like the word, RIC S. BASTASA
- Dangle (senryu), Laurence Overmire
- Three Small Morning Poems Of Despair, Shalom Freedman
- You Are So Pitful, Ramona Thompson
- Philosophy 1, Eman Elbadawi
- A mornings word 11/02/07, wordsy wright
- My Shit Poetry, Ryan Sanders
- Falling, vincent armone
- As I Walk..., Ryan Sanders
- The Streets Of Desolation And Despair, Justin Gildow
- Gen Despair, Mill Field
- Techno Despair, Viraj Bhanshaly
- The Mystery's Of My Despair, Sez Farr
- Golden Gate - Beauty/Despair, Viraj Bhanshaly
- Cycle Of My Emotions, Evy Moore
- foundation of despair, gershon hepner
- Understanding Reality, Naveed Akram
- Despair, Holly Heron
- silently fuming, Moon Child
- carpe diem