Dog Poems - Poems For Dog
Poems about dog. You can read the best dog poems. Browse through all dog poems.
The Dog With No Name - Poem by Peter Cloutier Jabalee
There once was a dog,
That went with no name.
No love from his owner,
Although he was tame.
Although he was good,
He was hated by Jade.
A seed of his mother,
Who should have been spayed.
The hate from his owner,
Just couldn’t be cured.
He’d never see love,
For his blood wasn’t pure.
His mother a pure-breed,
He wasn’t a match.
But to not give a name,
And forget him behind a gate with a latch.
Did he really deserve this?
Or was she cold hearted?
He never once judged her,
But his hope had departed.
He almost preferred,
The days she didn’t feed him.
For when she remembered,
She tended to beat him.
Her thoughts were scorned,
When she often did strike.
For she had the son of her favorite,
Yet they looked nothing alike.
Years slowly passed,
And the dog with no name.
Gave up on all hope,
And thought he was to blame.
One day after feeding,
Jade had forgot.
To lock up the fence,
And freedom he got.
He ran like the wind,
Exploring the world.
Though dodging the people,
Except for the girl.
He met a young girl,
Around only twenty.
Feeding the dogs,
Who seemed to be plenty.
It’s then that he noticed,
None of them were struck.
And went to get fed,
Feeling he had found luck.
The girl watched,
As the dog began.
To enter the building,
She knew he had ran.
“Now why’d you run? ”
The girl wondered.
“This is not a place,
For dogs to be fond of”.
She stroked him slowly,
While he watched in delight.
He finally realized,
Jade’s behavior was spite.
The veterinarian found,
A cut on his body.
And scars from the past,
From the cuts slowly rotting.
She reached the point,
In which she had had enough.
When Jade walked in,
Appearing angry and rough.
As the dog backed away,
Jade quickly said.
“This is my dog”,
Thinking ‘and soon he’ll be dead’.
“What is his name? ”
The girl quickly asked.
What was his name?
Now that was a task.
Coming up with a name,
Jade called him over.
The dog backed away,
And her anger grew colder.
Not a moment too soon,
Two men then arrived.
And locked up her hands,
A job which they thrived.
While Jade was taken,
To a pound meant for owners.
The un-named dog,
Began to feel like a loner.
He sat once again,
Behind the lock of a cage.
Only this time there was,
Less space but no rage.
As time went on,
A family with kids.
Passed by his home,
And he never hid.
“I like him”,
They said as they looked.
He still feared the future,
But with hope he was hooked.
Finally he arrived,
Unto his new home.
All hands began petting,
And his heart was just flowing.
“What is his name? ”
They hadn’t named him yet.
The kids both agreed,
His name would be Rex.
Comments about The Dog With No Name by Peter Cloutier Jabalee
Poems About Dog
- 1. The Dog With No Name , Peter Cloutier Jabalee
- 2. Who Else Is Going To Protect You. , Osceola Waters
- 3. An Old Man , Jiang Haizhou
- 4. From Who Came The World? , jack beynon
- 5. Dog Day , Christopher J. Grasso
- 6. Am I Gifted Or What? , M Paul Burress
- 7. Small Legendery Joke , Racina Rodriguez
- 8. Unfair Luck , Leena Bose
- 9. Skye: The Dog With The Beautiful Eye , George Johnston
- 10. Am A Street Dog , kay kareman
- 11. About Something , Indranil Chakraborty
- 12. You Dog! , Shirley Morgan
- 13. The Dog Stoltz , August Kleinzahler
- 14. Thunder Peels And The Dog Is Afraid Clim.. , gordon nosworthy
- 15. My Dog Named Cat , William W. Sloan
- 16. Dogs In Wars , jan oskar hansen
- 17. Ode To Bouncer (Is This Your Dog Too?) , David Whalen
- 18. Furry Friends , lorry brackett
- 19. Surrounded By A Street Breed , Paul McCann
- 20. I Cry , Candi Lynn
- 21. Resolve , Lonnie Choate
- 22. Coyote Visits A Fort (Native American) , Chuck Toll
- 23. This Throne Belongs To Creature , Bello Hamisu Ida
- 24. My Dog , Maria Aguilera Garcia
- 25. Dogs , Elijah Yii
- 26. The Long Nosed Ridged Backed Swamp Whippet , Bob Gibson
- 27. Pancho Me Dog, Me Dog Pancho , John D. Farley
- 28. Sheepdog Trials , Frank Halliwell
- 29. Conflict , NRUSINGHA MISHRA
- 30. Rain , david barnett
- 31. Black Dog , Peter Hall
- 32. Love That Dog , Laura Venter
- 33. You Should Be Treated Like A Dog. , James Bloom
- 34. Hellhound (Lyrics) , Satan's Sibling
- 35. A Business Deal , George Ade
- 36. Man And The Dog , rohan bendre
- 37. Dog And Hog , Cameron Gallant
- 38. This Dog Loves Its Master , Morphing Professor
- 39. Auntie And Mutt. , Terry Collett
- 40. The Frog And The Dog , Gregory Huyette
- 41. Bit The Logic , chris bowen, a.k.a to wit
- 42. How A Naked Mole , rwetewrt erwtwer
- 43. Why Why Why... , ginger longora
- 44. The Keeper Of The Beast And Chestnut , Christopher J. Grasso
- 45. Tale of a Dog , John Godfrey Saxe
- 46. My Dog Baby Girl , jennifer hall
- 47. From Kennel Or Hearth? , Richard Stopps
- 48. Nala , Ismael Mansoor
- 49. Interpret Me , yihuai ying
- 50. Dedication , Alicia Meyers
New Dog Poems
- An Imaginary Wall, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Tale of a Dog, John Godfrey Saxe
- Tales From The Great Chessboard Of The G.., BurningDesire PhekoMotaung
- Bird Eat Bird World, Kim Barney
- The Man The Gun And The Dog, Rg Gregory
- The Canine, Justin Reamer
- Man And Dog, Nassy Fesharaki
- Dogs In Africa, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Our Neighbor's Baby, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- carpe diem