Poem about elegy. You can read the best elegy poems. Browse through all elegy poems.
37.A Child Asleep
How he sleepeth! having drunken
Weary childhood's mandragore,
From his pretty eyes have sunken
Pleasures, to make room for more- -
Sleeping near the withered nosegay, which he pulled the day before.
Nosegays! leave them for the waking:
Throw them earthward where they grew.
Dim are such, beside the breaking
Amaranths he looks unto- -
Folded eyes see brighter colours than the open ever do.
Heaven-flowers, rayed by shadows golden
From the paths they sprang beneath,
Now perhaps divinely holden,
Swing against him in a wreath- -
We may think so from the quickening of his bloom and of his breath.
Vision unto vision calleth,
While the young child dreameth on.
Fair, O dreamer, thee befalleth
With the glory thou hast won!
Darker wert thou in the garden, yestermorn, by summer sun.
We should see the spirits ringing
Round thee,- -were the clouds away.
'Tis the child-heart draws them, singing
In the silent-seeming clay- -
Singing! - -Stars that seem the mutest, go in music all the way.
As the moths around a taper,
As the bees around a rose,
As the gnats around a vapour,- -
So the Spirits group and close
Round about a holy childhood, as if drinking its repose.
Shapes of brightness overlean thee,- -
Flash their diadems of youth
On the ringlets which half screen thee,- -
While thou smilest,... not in sooth
Thy smile... but the overfair one, dropt from some aethereal mouth.
Haply it is angels' duty,
During slumber, shade by shade:
To fine down this childish beauty
To the thing it must be made,
Ere the world shall bring it praises, or the tomb shall see it fade.
Softly, softly! make no noises!
Now he lieth dead and dumb- -
Now he hears the angels' voices
Folding silence in the room- -
Now he muses deep the meaning of the Heaven-words as they come.
Speak not! he is consecrated- -
Breathe no breath across his eyes.
Lifted up and separated,
On the hand of God he lies,
In a sweetness beyond touching- -held in cloistral sanctities.
Could ye bless him- -father- -mother?
Bless the dimple in his cheek?
Dare ye look at one another,
And the benediction speak?
Would ye not break out in weeping, and confess yourselves too weak?
He is harmless- -ye are sinful,- -
Ye are troubled- -he, at ease:
From his slumber, virtue winful
Floweth outward with increase- -
Dare not bless him! but be blessed by his peace- -and go in peace. read more »
38.THE PAIN INSIDE OF ME
39.On the Flight of Time
Horace: Book I, Ode 2
"Tu ne quæsieris, scire nefas, quem, mihi, quem tibi" read more »
Hugging my soft pillow
As I gather my lost shattered thoughts
I reach for my pen
My best friend.. My old fellow read more »
41.Still my tears flow
Still haven't forgotten my first wound
and today it's come back, for another round
I lost my grandmother in December
followed by her sister, a month later read more »
Bleeds, joins me
In my silent veins read more »
43.Lets make this world better
Why does hate exist? !
I think this crying world needs some rest!
Don't you think that life is hard? !
To live and survive through all this hazard! read more »
44.رحمك الله يا جنة أبي
عندما أفكر أنه لا يمكنني رؤيتكِ مجدداً... أبكي...
فأنا لا أتخيلُ دخولَ بيتِكِ دونَ أن أراكِ...
جالسةً على أريكتِكِ... متكئةً على وسادتِكِ...
أدخلُ وألقي السلامَ عليكِ... وأرى الفرحَةَ بعينيكِ... read more »
45.لم تجف دموعنا بعد
لم أنــسَ جـرحــي الأولَ بعــــد
وهـا هـو اليـومُ يعـودُ فيتـجدد
خـســـرتُ جدتـي فـي ديسـمبـــر
وتبعتهـا أختُـهـا بعـدَ شـهـــر read more »
46.Taste of Freedom
'Run, run, run...'
On the steep mountain cliff
Slippery slope; lush green plants
& trees in ethereal serenity read more »
As life comes
so also death
but ours is unborn death read more »
New Elegy Poems
- 9th November,2014 On the death of Dr Myl.., Chukwuemeka Okonkwo
- Butterflies, Fawziyya Abu Khalid
- Checkmate And Die, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- Elegy For Pain, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Role Of Elegy, Mary Jo Bang
- Quatrain on the cusp, michael oliver
- O My Heart’s Baby-Proud!, Aftab Alam
- The dead claims more entourage, Meshack Dasco
- Elegy, oskar hansen
- Summary, Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen
- Searching, Pierre Rausch
- Haiku Rest In Peace, Jonathan ROBIN
- ASPHYXIA, Satish Verma
- Legends, Elegies, Pleasures And Norma Jean, MacGregor Tagliaferro
- Live the Art, Rijad Islamovic
- Der Einfall, Remaining Light In Duino, Warren Falcon
- Autumn Music, Reason A. Poteet
- Bird, Bharat Mehru
- Denial, Michael Nikoletseas
- Queen of my heart., samuel aziekwe
- Détente, Jonathan ROBIN
- Elegy on Jigar Moradabadi, Aziz Ahmad 'Aziz Moradabadi'
- Helen Of Troy, Buddy Bee Anthony
- Poem, Marvin Brato Sr
- The Poet, Kenneth Umunna
- Elegy to a Kurdish father, Leo Briones
- Fading tale, lucius ndimele
- bonne nuit, Desmond Blaine
- March, Kevin East
- divine perception of a broken mind, Desmond Blaine
- What Possibilities!, Daniel Trevelyn Joseph
- for those who wish to die younger..., RIC S. BASTASA
- the green grass of your home..., RIC S. BASTASA
- DEATH, Rasaq Malik
- The Death of Love 3, Edmund Calleja
- Stand And Watch, Naveed Akram
- Lethal love, Marcus McKinley
- SHadowings, Samuel Greenberg
- An Elegy Of The Earth, Muhammad Shanazar
- Elegy, Randy Resh
- ... In the silent wind, Priyanka Bhowmick
- The World Outside My WIndow, Claudia Krizay
- there is this pain..., RIC S. BASTASA
- SMELL OF NOTHING, Satish Verma
- measuring his life, RIC S. BASTASA
- you must understand the mockingbird, RIC S. BASTASA
- Her Eyes Are Bluebells Now, Richard Le Gallienne
- Lines, Samuel Johnson
- The Three Poets, Ezra Pound
- a bartender's good-night (part 1), Mikael Ejdemyr
- Structure, tim woodhouse
- Chidioch Tichborne (1558-1586), Francis Duggan
- ~ SIZE ZERO ~ GROUND ZERO ~, MS. NIVEDITA BAGCHI SPC. UK.
- Nosratollah Masoudi, azadeh Davachi
- Night, Onyenankeya Nzubejah
- Margrit's Words....Addressing Jim, James B. Earley
- Rwandan Elegy, Ross DixPeek
- NIGHT…., Elorm Dogbo
- My love, Lazarus Knix
- along the busy streets of the 6th avenue, Franciel John Doe
- Moods of the Macabre, Titus Llewellyn
- Elegy of a poet, Sandesh Shinde
- An Elegy, Dr Kamran Haider Bukhari
- * * * The Swallow, Tsira Gogeshvili
- Élégie pour les papillons, Ahmad Shiddiqi
- Elegy In A Flower Garden, Eddie Roa
- sri lankan soldiers, nuwan silva
- There's no stopping true love, Waqas Naeem
- Death Of A Crow, Suchoon Mo_
- elegy of ages, Sakura Tomoko
- Horrific News (on the death of a Friend), MAGNUS AMUDI
- Rilke's First Duino Elegy, rewritten for.., Rob Dyer
- Soad, Saleh Badrah
- EQUILIBRIUM: PART III, Gregory Wm. Gunn
- carpe diem