Poem about epic. You can read the best epic poems. Browse through all epic poems.
From Child's Garden of Verses
I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me,
And what can be the use of him is more than I can see.
He is very, very like me from the heels up to the head;
And I see him jump before me, when I jump into my bed.
The funniest thing about him is the way he likes to grow--
Not at all like proper children, which is always very slow;
For he sometimes shoots up taller like an india-rubber ball,
And he sometimes goes so little that there's none of him at all.
He hasn't got a notion of how children ought to play,
And can only make a fool of me in every sort of way.
He stays so close behind me, he's a coward you can see;
I'd think shame to stick to nursie as that shadow sticks to me!
One morning, very early, before the sun was up,
I rose and found the shining dew on every buttercup;
But my lazy little shadow, like an arrant sleepy-head,
Had stayed at home behind me and was fast asleep in bed. read more »
50.Clouds and Waves
Mother, the folk who live up in the clouds call out to me-
"We play from the time we wake till the day ends.
We play with the golden dawn, we play with the silver moon."
I ask, "But how am I to get up to you ?" read more »
51.A Farewell To America to Mrs. S. W.
ADIEU, New-England's smiling meads,
Adieu, the flow'ry plain:
I leave thine op'ning charms, O spring, read more »
He is that fallen lance that lies as hurled,
That lies unlifted now, come dew, come rust,
But still lies pointed as it plowed the dust.
If we who sight along it round the world, read more »
I marvel how Nature could ever find space
For so many strange contrasts in one human face:
There's thought and no thought, and there's paleness and bloom
And bustle and sluggishness, pleasure and gloom. read more »
54.Day is Done, The
The day is done, and the darkness
Falls from the wings of Night,
As a feather is wafted downward
From an eagle in his flight. read more »
55.Sonnet 153: Cupid laid by his brand and fell asleep
Cupid laid by his brand and fell asleep,
A maid of Dian's this advantage found,
And his love-kindling fire did quickly steep
In a cold valley-fountain of that ground; read more »
56."Why do I love" You, Sir?
"Why do I love" You, Sir?
Because— read more »
Rise, brothers, rise; the wakening skies pray to the morning light,
The wind lies asleep in the arms of the dawn like a child that has cried all night.
Come, let us gather our nets from the shore and set our catamarans free,
To capture the leaping wealth of the tide, for we are the kings of the sea! read more »
When a man is in love
how can he use old words?
Should a woman
desiring her lover read more »
59.The Innkeeper’s Wife
I love this byre. Shadows are kindly here.
The light is flecked with travelling stars of dust,
So quiet it seems after the inn-clamour, read more »
60.On His Blindness
When I consider how my light is spent
Ere half my days in this dark world and wide,
And that one talent which is death to hide
Lodg'd with me useless, though my soul more bent read more »
New Epic Poems
- হযরত শাহ্ জালাল (রা.) : একটি মহাকাব্য- .., Md. Ziaul Haque
- Tulsidas, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Expression Eruption: Pigs & Rule, Vinz Poetry
- Dawn of the Days, Dorthe Wisbech Clausen
- Epic or Lines, Ashraful Alam Shikder
- If My Voice Is Not Reaching You, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Ramayana Epic poem., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Kannaki, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Epic, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Only Difference Was..., Tajudeen Shah
- Love's Story, Cathy Hodgson
- K. V. Suryanarayana Murti As A Poet (Vis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Epic Fight To Save Our Home, Joseph S. Josephides
- Homer, Elia Michael
- Epic Eternal On Unfold, Aniruddha Pathak
- Fatal: Ms Onyeche, Vinz Poetry
- David and Elaine’s Epic Birthday Battle.., David McLansky
- Fatal 2: ‘MRS. ONYECHE’, Vinz Poetry
- DO NOT MAKE THE TREES ABLAZE, Metin Sahin
- Fright, Metin Sahin
- Concepts 3, Somanathan Iyer
- I Am An Epic-Writer Of My Tribe, Muhammad Shanazar
- IN YOUR FACE, Philo Yan
- Poet In A Cage, Leslie Philibert
- Epic Grand Doer, Charles Hice
- Rape Country, rajendran muthiah
- ULLALIM, THE EPIC OF LOVE OF THE MADUCAYAN, MELVIN BANGGOLLAY
- Epic, Jojo JAC
- Epics are stories., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The epic center, hasmukh amathalal
- The Epic Battles, Diwakar Pokhriyal
- O Singer of the epic war history, Aniruddha Pathak
- A War Between Ravna And Kauravas, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Give Me the Harp of Epic Song, Anacreon
- When, Harriet James
- He Can't Believe In Me, Freddy Ibarra
- Honour The Womenfolk, rajendran muthiah
- 2011 Global Fish Extinction Crisis, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Silent Solitary Ominous Kiwi Flight, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Mother O My Dear Mother, KAVIN CHARALAN
- Why These Eyes I Have?, rajendran muthiah
- Birds Are Not My Epic, Chester Maynes
- Trafficking In Black Diamonds, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Depictions May Solicit Unhealthy Images, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Epic Men, Patti Masterman
- My Mom’s Epic, Qeeony Luv
- LIFE… An Epic., kunjubi varghese
- Wedlock…, kunjubi varghese
- Death of an Unknown Poet, Meggan McGuire
- Time Walkers, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- For The WoW Widows Of The World (Of Warc.., Justin Phillips
- The Iliad Odyssey: The Summary Of A Man, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- @Adam's Sons, Jordan Legaspi
- Dropout, Edward Kofi Louis
- OCEAN OF LOVE, C.N.Premkumar (love poems, V ..
- Translation Of The Epitaph On Virgil And.., George Gordon Byron
- for once in my life, RIC S. BASTASA
- Ode to the World, Jaya Razo
- Epics are read to feel the emotion, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Literature is the negative of photo, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Aurobindo-3 Savitri-Book -1, Indira Renganathan
- Seaking, Bob Ubetcha
- A POLITICAL PICTURE OF NATIONS!, Ramesh T A
- Epic Smile, Brian Hinckley
- An epic, Brandon Butler
- ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Of locks.., Mamta Agarwal
- Epic Poem, Torben Duncan
- (((12th Of Never Goin' Happen))), Theodora (Theo) Onken
- epic night elipse o' light, mitch king
- Forever Young, Alejandro Torres
- i like to write an epic, RIC S. BASTASA
- Written With Love, Alejandro Torres
- An Ode to Ancient Greece, Adam Hollingsworth
- PARALLELS OF MORTALITY IN AUTUMN..., John Tansey
- carpe diem