85.Taj Mahal- -An Elegy in Marble
Taj Mahal, the glory, of India
Is an epic marble monument
Situated in Uttar Pradesh, Agra
Which is immensely magnificent. read more »
86.2011 Global Fish Extinction Crisis
Thailand in ten years
total fish catch has halved
fish extinction epic read more »
87.Boeing, Boeing, Soon to be Gone
An American legend,
A company that helped to end World War II.
With its B-17’s and B-29’s,
And at last the B-52 that sustained the front against communism, read more »
City-bus is crawling one zone to another
Someone is recalling somebody silently
Entering into the dustless cool mall
I may dare to tell all the senior ladies love read more »
Sleep’s statistical clutters quicken
desiderata of schedules wanting—
hegemony from standings trumpeting
triumph and trophy consummating… read more »
90.Heaven we seeks.
The heaven we seeks
The heaven here itself
No where to trace out
Rejoice the worldly heavens read more »
On a speck a moment ticks
Across dials that decorate
Pinpoints of fate
Shadows move across fields in parts read more »
92.World Of Warcraft
In the realm of Azeroth
Where mighty heroes battle
The epic soldiers rush about
Many in a brattle read more »
93.796. To all True Indians 141208
(Sometimes I have come across few Indian Christians who love western nations more than loving India. Some non-Hindu Indians mocking at Indian idol-worship, the great heroes Krishna and Rama; Laughing at chastity of Mata Sita and heroine Panjali. Some Indian Muslims will rejoice when Pakistan wins in India-Pakistan match! This really hurts me and will hurt my Mother India also)
Is India identified read more »
94.To John Milton (1608 -1674)
Let's tell you a story
Of a man
who lost his sight
But endowed with vision and sense read more »
95.For an Autograph
THOUGH old the thought and oft exprest,
'Tis his at last who says it best,
I'll try my fortune with the rest.
Life is a leaf of paper white read more »
96.ULLALIM, THE EPIC OF LOVE OF THE MADUCAYAN
ULLALIM, THE EPIC OF LOVE OF THE MADUCAYAN
By Melvin Banggollay Jr.
An ullalim epic is a traditional music and poetry form of the Philippines. These are long chanted stories passed down for hundreds of years that tell the exploits of heroes. They are classics of the Malayo-Polynesian language family. The most skilled poets would memorize epic cycles that took two to four days to recite during all-night dramatic performances. Two examples of precolonial (before the Spanish came) epics that survive today are Biag ni Lam-ang (Legend of Lamang) in Ilocano (a northern Luzon dialect) and Ibalon in Bicol (a southern Luzon dialect) . The term ullalim is sometimes used today to refer to that style of song, but the real ullalim is the epic poem of the Kalinga people. An article I read says that the singer would dress up in brilliant, flashy clothes like the hero described in the story. read more »
New Epic Poems
- .A ray of hope we can expect., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Devil Details, Pius Didier
- Heaven we seeks., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Valuable peep, hasmukh amathalal
- Dawn of the Days, Dorthe Wisbech Clausen
- synthesis of civilization., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Epic of Time, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- BREATHING AGAIN, Satish Verma
- A Message To A Poet, Tony Adah
- Epic Story Of Childhood., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Raja Ravi Varma, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Like normal man, hasmukh amathalal
- Passion Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Symbol of love, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Love You Because…, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Epic or Lines, Ashraful Alam Shikder
- Warrior of the Caribbean, Greta Wolzak
- The readiness, hasmukh amathalal
- A curse and legend story., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Ekalavya an Epic story of India, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- War Again!, John Ugolo Umah
- Life is run without proofs., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- If My Voice Is Not Reaching You, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Yayathi, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Zorro, Sana Olivia Hernandez
- The Long Nocturnal Walks, Hebert Logerie
- After the Poet's Death, Daniel Brick
- I Boomerang, Michelle Claus
- The Very Last, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Ramayana Epic poem., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Wow, ROCHISH MON
- Kannaki, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Epic, Nassy Fesharaki
- THE WAR, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- n-dimensional, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- comets, Nicole GravellPellerino
- The Only Difference Was..., Tajudeen Shah
- Life Is An Epic, Jaipal Singh
- FIRST DATE, Philo Yan
- Mousai, Peter Russell
- Carpina Carpinteiro (Conto de Mestre Car.., Alexandra Alhadeff
- Love's Story, Cathy Hodgson
- See Me, See You, Cleveland W. Gibson
- A Pair Of Unique Parallel Lines, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- K. V. Suryanarayana Murti As A Poet (Vis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Solemn Sounds I hear in Dreams, The Soul.., James Darwin Smith II
- Beautiful poem, SALINI NAIR
- Fathoms Low, Jay Hall
- Life Is A War., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The Confusing Maiden, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Maha Nanda Sharma (1924-) As A Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Path to Wales, Sanjay Amruce
- Epic Fight To Save Our Home, Joseph S. Josephides
- Patience or impatience?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Perennial Pursuit., Tajudeen Shah
- The Archer's Bow, Shelbie Hale
- My Name Is Leo, Lauwo George
- Yesterday's Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ebony Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Conditioned Mind, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Lost Soul, Rebecca Alisca
- Homer, Elia Michael
- Epic Eternal On Unfold, Aniruddha Pathak
- I and my dear death, Emad A. Ghani
- Fatal: Ms Onyeche, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Sounds Of Past, Nida Sofi
- I Don't Want To Die, alexander opicho
- cease it, djemoi talbi
- Epic Odes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Puddles Of Bittersweet Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- David and Elaine’s Epic Birthday Battle.., David McLansky
- Fatal 2: ‘MRS. ONYECHE’, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Collective Senses, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Curse Of The Gods (2), Margaret Alice Second
Poems on / about :
- carpe diem