Faith Poems - Poems For Faith
Poems about faith. You can read the best faith poems. Browse through all faith poems.
13.Faithless Sally Brown
Young Ben he was a nice young man,
A carpenter by trade;
And he fell in love with Sally Brown,
That was a lady's maid.
But as they fetch'd a walk one day,
They met a press-gang crew;
And Sally she did faint away,
Whilst Ben he was brought to.
The Boatswain swore with wicked words,
Enough to shock a saint,
That though she did seem in a fit,
'Twas nothing but a feint.
"Come, girl," said he, "hold up your head,
He'll be as good as me;
For when your swain is in our boat,
A boatswain he will be."
So when they'd made their game of her,
And taken off her elf,
She roused, and found she only was
A coming to herself.
"And is he gone, and is he gone?"
She cried, and wept outright:
"Then I will to the water side,
And see him out of sight."
A waterman came up to her,--
"Now, young woman," said he,
"If you weep on so, you will make
Eye-water in the sea."
"Alas! they've taken my beau Ben
To sail with old Benbow;"
And her woe began to run afresh,
As if she'd said Gee woe!
Says he, "They've only taken him
To the Tender ship, you see";
"The Tender-ship," cried Sally Brown
"What a hard-ship that must be!"
"O! would I were a mermaid now,
For then I'd follow him;
But Oh!--I'm not a fish-woman,
And so I cannot swim.
"Alas! I was not born beneath
The virgin and the scales,
So I must curse my cruel stars,
And walk about in Wales."
Now Ben had sail'd to many a place
That's underneath the world;
But in two years the ship came home,
And all her sails were furl'd.
But when he call'd on Sally Brown,
To see how she went on,
He found she'd got another Ben,
Whose Christian-name was John.
"O Sally Brown, O Sally Brown,
How could you serve me so?
I've met with many a breeze before,
But never such a blow":
Then reading on his 'bacco box
He heaved a bitter sigh,
And then began to eye his pipe,
And then to pipe his eye.
And then he tried to sing "All's Well,"
But could not though he tried;
His head was turn'd, and so he chew'd
His pigtail till he died.
His death, which happen'd in his berth,
At forty-odd befell:
They went and told the sexton, and
The sexton toll'd the bell. read more »
14.Sonnet 141: In faith, I do not love thee with mine eyes
In faith, I do not love thee with mine eyes,
For they in thee a thousand errors note;
But 'tis my heart that loves what they despise,
Who in despite of view is pleased to dote. read more »
15.If This Were Faith
God, if this were enough,
That I see things bare to the buff
And up to the buttocks in mire;
That I ask nor hope nor hire, read more »
16.Modern Love XXXII: Full Faith I Have
Full faith I have she holds that rarest gift
To beauty, Common Sense. To see her lie
With her fair visage an inverted sky
Bloom-covered, while the underlids uplift, read more »
Once for the sceptre of Germany, fought with Bavarian Louis
Frederick, of Hapsburg descent, both being called to the throne.
But the envious fortune of war delivered the Austrian
Into the hands of the foe, who overcame him in fight. read more »
18.Living and a Dead Faith
The Lord receives his highest praise
From humble minds and hearts sincere;
While all the loud professor says
Offends the righteous Judge's ear. read more »
Lord, how couldst thou so much appease
Thy wrath for sin, as when man's sight was dim,
And could see little, to regard his ease,
And bring by Faith all things to him? read more »
Said I: "See yon vast heaven shine,--
What earthly sight diviner?
Before such radiant Design
Why doubt Designer?" read more »
When the soft sweet wind o' the south went by,
I dwelt in the light of a dark brown eye;
And out where the robin sang his song,
We lived and loved, while the days were long. read more »
22.Praise for Faith
Of all the gifts Thine hand bestows,
Thou Giver of all good!
Not heaven itself a richer knows
Than my Redeemer's blood. read more »
23.A Poem Of Faith
I think that though the clouds be dark,
That though the waves dash o'er the bark,
Yet after while the light will come, read more »
Whate'er we leave to God, God does,
And blesses us;
The work we choose should be our own,
God leaves alone. read more »
New Faith Poems
- Faith v Fear, Basil Johnson
- the man without faith, Nicholas KumiSakyi jr
- To unity., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Faith, vanessa hughes
- Faith, Lalitha Narayanan
- Faith in Christ!, Shaila Touchton
- Internal faith, ramesh rai
- FAITH 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Faith Says 'I Can', Nosisa Mdladlamba
- Faith is a Friend, Jeff Gangwer
- Faith Is The Root, gajanan mishra
- Keep faith in yourself, gajanan mishra
- As your faith, gajanan mishra
- From your faith, gajanan mishra
- Faith, Jessica HernandezDamian
- Faith and reason, Aniruddha Pathak
- The Instrument, Diana Kouprina
- “Faith Like Potatoes“, Meshack Dasco
- Righting Wrong, Margaret Moran
- >>Faith, Abdul Wahab
- Walk by Faith, Patricia Grantham
- Where There Is Faith, There Is Love, Michael Hopkins
- Faith Is Sentiment, gajanan mishra
- Life worthless without love, gajanan mishra
- Faith is a hard thing to come by, amanda garcia
- Pietas Sonnet, Mcanthony C. Nwatu
- Faith, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- A Question of Faith, Gregory Allen Uhan
- Why Can't You Keep It Celebrated?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Y..... The Biggest Freedom, Aufie Zophy
- Garland of Faith, Z.I. Mahmud
- Faith In Vodka Tears, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Faith and truth, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Who Says 'My Faith is Best', Sylva Portoian
- No faith no life, gajanan mishra
- Ye of Little Faith, Richard Merrell
- Faith and its role, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Faith, Brittany Helt
- Faith Has Two Eager Facets, Indira Renganathan
- Believe, Queen Oneeightytwo
- The Road to Hell, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Master of the Universe, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Have Faith and Hope, michel robsin
- Faith, Spiritwind Wood
- Faith in God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Faith, Samuel Ellsworth Kiser
- The Believer's Principles : Chap. IV., Ralph Erskine
- Sonnet: Faith in God, Dr John Celes
- faith, hamza mian
- Faith, Lucia Domingos Fula
- Faith, Hope, Trust, Blake Bishop
- A Test Of Faith, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Faith, Domenic Marbaniang
- Faith is an axiom, Meetika Srivastava
- Gentle Faith, Jacqueline Webb
- Faith, Grayson Givens
- LOST MY FAITH, Morhardt Carmen Mencita Mono ..
- keep your faith in me, sarah scot
- Enigma, Deborah Downes
- Hope And Faith, Collins Nkemjika Nzomuche
- On the rock of Faith, C. P. Sharma
- blind faith, ritty patnaik
- faith, viki suha
- Faith, Kaysen Fraker
- The faith, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The Faith, paige charbeneau
- Faith vs Doubt......., fawzia zie
- faith for, otteri selvakumar
- Faith, LeLe Gallon
- FAITH FOR THE FAITHFUL, Michael P. Johnson
- Faith, Brian Jefferson
- Faith, Parvathy Nair
- Present, Jeff Rushton
- For your faith, Codykye Callaghan
- carpe diem