Farewell Poems - Poems For Farewell
Poems about farewell. You can read the best farewell poems. Browse through all farewell poems.
Farewell - Poem by Thomas E. Spencer
As we travel Life's weary journey,
And plod through the gathering years,
With our burdens of care and sorrow,
O'er a pathway bedewed with tears.
If, perchance, for a fleeting moment
Our hearts should with rapture swell,
We have added but one more sorrow,
When we bid the glad time "Farewell".
I have watched the bright dawn awaking,
And noted each changing light,
As the sun, in its morning splendour,
Dispelled the dark gloom of night.
I have welcomed its bright rays stealing
Over hill-top, and wood, and dell;
Yet, my joy was alloyed with sorrow,
As I bade the bright stars "Farewell".
I have seen the red sun descending
To its home in the glowing west,
Whilst the tremulous voice of nature
Was solemnly lulled to rest.
I have welcomed the stars, appearing,
And greeted them one by one,
Yet, my greeting was toned with sadness,
As I said "Farewell" to the sun.
When we welcome the summer sunshine,
Farewell to the flowers of Spring.
Adieu to the fruits of Autumn,
When we welcome the frosty king.
Good-bye to the joys of childhood,
When vigorous youth appears;
Then - a season of strife and turmoil,
And - farewell to the vanished years.
I am sighing a farewell message,
As I sit in the gathering gloom.
Farewell to all earthly sorrows,
Then - rest, in the silent tomb.
Farewell to the trees, and flowers,
To mountain, and stream, and dell,
Farewell to the glorious sunlight,
To the moon and stars, "Farewell"
Poems About Farewell
- 1. Farewell , Thomas E. Spencer
- 2. Farewell To London , Alexander Pope
- 3. Farewell And Adieu.... , Rudyard Kipling
- 4. Fair Ines , Thomas Hood
- 5. The Nightingale , Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6. A Revocation , Sir Thomas Wyatt
- 7. I Prithee Send Me Back My Heart , Sir John Suckling
- 8. Rouge Bouquet , Joyce Kilmer
- 9. August , Boris Pasternak
- 10. Flowers, Dear Flowers, Farewell! , Louisa May Alcott
- 11. A Minor Poet , Amy Levy
- 12. The Gloomy Night Is Gath'Ring Fast , Robert Burns
- 13. Phantasmagoria Canto Vii ( Sad Souvenaun.. , Lewis Carroll
- 14. Napoleon's Farewell (From The French) , George Gordon Byron
- 15. Adieu , Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- 16. At Sea , Algernon Charles Swinburne
- 17. To The Memory Of Mr Oldham , John Dryden
- 18. Farewell , Valsa George
- 19. Farewell! If Ever Fondest Prayer , George Gordon Byron
- 20. Farewell , Augusta Davies Webster
- 21. The King , Rudyard Kipling
- 22. Adieu To Belshanny , William Allingham
- 23. Cleveland's Song , Sir Walter Scott
- 24. Where Is The Slave , Thomas Moore
- 25. An Drinaun Donn , Padraic Colum
- 26. The Widows' Tears; Or, Dirge Of Dorcas , Robert Herrick
- 27. For He Was A Jolly Good Fellow , Henry Lawson
- 28. The Heart's House , Sara Teasdale
- 29. The Song Of Hiawatha Xxii: Hiawatha's De.. , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 30. The Battle Of Moncontour , Thomas Babbington Macaulay
- 31. Sonnet Xvi: Delusive Hope , Mary Darby Robinson
- 32. Ave Atque Vale , Padraic Colum
- 33. The Battle , Friedrich Schiller
- 34. Sea Song Of The Exiles , Victor Marie Hugo
- 35. Farewell To The Muse , Sir Walter Scott
- 36. The Cenci : A Tragedy In Five Acts , Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 37. 'The Frost-King' Song 1 , Louisa May Alcott
- 38. Lohengrin , Emma Lazarus
- 39. Sonnet Lxxxiv: Farewell To The Glen , Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- 40. The Abencerrage : Canto I. , Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- 41. Anecdote , Will Barber
- 42. A Song Of Parting , Edith Nesbit
- 43. What Should I Say , Sir Thomas Wyatt
- 44. The Last Poem Of Rizal , Jose Rizal
- 45. The Door Of Humility , Alfred Austin
- 46. Claud Halcro's Song , Sir Walter Scott
- 47. Failure , George MacDonald
- 48. Ch 08 On Rules For Conduct In Life - Max.. , Saadi Shirazi
- 49. The Emigrant , Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- 50. Rondel , François Villon
New Farewell Poems
- The Green Knight's Farewell To Fancy, George Gascoigne
- Song—farewell To The Highlands, Robert Burns
- - How Can I Say Farewell To You-, Ali Sabry
- A Wild Flower In The Rock Of Suicide, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Xvi, Mark Strand
- Lines, Albert Pike
- Farewell To New England, Albert Pike
- Go Back!, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Farewell Goodbye My Darling..., Mark Heathcote
- Farewell Daisy, Bolami lawal
- carpe diem