Farewell Poems - Poems For Farewell
Poems about farewell. You can read the best farewell poems. Browse through all farewell poems.
97.Farewell Address at the Argyle Hall
Fellow Citizens of Dundee.
I now must bid farewell to ye.
For I am going to London far away.
But when I will return again I cannot say.
Farewell! Farewell! to the bonnie banks o' the Silvery Tay.
Also the beautiful Hill o' Balgay.
And the ill fated Bridge o' the Silvery Tay.
Which I will remember when I am far away.
Farewell! to my friends and, patrons all.
That rallied around me in the Music Hall.
And those that has rallied around me to night,
I shall not forget when out of sight.
And, if I ever return to Dundee again,
I hope it will be with the laurels of fame.
Plac'd on my brow by dame fortune that fickle Jade.
And, to Court her favour I am not afraid.
Farewell! to every one in the Argyle Hall.
That has Come to hear McGonagall.
Recite, and sing, his Songs to night.
Which I hope will long be rernember'd when I'm out of sight.
Adieu to all my enemies that want to mock me when passing by.
But I excuse them for their ignorance and leave them to the most high.
And, once again, my friends, and enemies. I bid ye all good bye.
And when I am gone ye will for me heave a sigh :-
I return my thanks to my Chairman and my Committee,
For the Kindness they have always shown to me.
I hope the Lord! will protect them when I am far away.
And prosper them in all their undertakings by night and by day. read more »
98.Sonnet XXIX: Farewell, Ye Tow'ring Cedars
Farewell, ye tow'ring Cedars, in whose shade,
Lull'd by the Nightingale, I sunk to rest,
While spicy breezes hover'd o'er my breast
To fan my cheek, in deep'ning tints array'd; read more »
Farewell! Oh how hard and how sad 'tis to speak
That last word of parting—forever to break
The fond ties and affection that cling round the heart
From home and from friends and from country to part. read more »
100.Catullus At His Brother’s Grave
Through many lands and over many seas
I come, my Brother, to thine obsequies,
To pay thee the last honours that remain, read more »
101.Sonnet XXXV: What Means the Mist
What means the mist opaque that veils these eyes;
Why does yon threat'ning tempest shroud the day?
Why does thy altar, Venus, fade away,
And on my breast the dews of horror rise? read more »
The night is dark, and keen the air,
And the Slave is flying to be free;
His parting word is one short prayer;
O God, but give me Liberty! read more »
103.Dreams of France
Oh, dreams of France! Oh, faded dreams of France!
Ohm France, that I had ever dreamed of thee!
I thought to help thee bear thy brandished lance, read more »
104.A New Pilgrimage: Sonnet XXX
'Tis time I stepped from Horeb to the plain.
Mountains, farewell. I need a heavier air.
Youth's memories are not good for souls in pain, read more »
105.The Minstrel’s Grave
Oh let it be where the waters are meeting,
In one crystal sheet, like the summer's sky bright! read more »
106.Epitaph On The Same
Farewell, mild saint!—meek child of love, farewell!
Ill can this stone thy finished virtues tell.
Rest, rest in peace! the task of life is o'er; read more »
MacLeod's wizard flag from the grey castle sallies,
The rowers are seated, unmoor'd are the galleys; read more »
108.Ave et Vale
FAREWELL is said! Yea, but I cannot take
All that my Greeting gave.
In you hath Hope her doom and Joy her grave;
Still you go crowned with old imaginings, read more »
New Farewell Poems
- farewell; to the lost love, ademola oluwabusayo
- farewell 'to the winter solders that los.., ademola oluwabusayo
- Song—Farewell to the Highlands, Robert Burns
- XVI, Mark Strand
- Farewell To New England, Albert Pike
- XXI: The World Goes None The Lamer, Alfred Edward Housman
- Go Back!, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Farewell Daisy, Bolami lawal
- The Parting Song, S.Ovwata Onojieruo
- My Final Farewell, Denzel JONES02
- Leaving, Emily Slm
- Night Comes Creeping, Rose Terry Cooke
- Villanelle, Victor Daley
- The Emigrant's Farewell, Thomas Pringle
- I Bid Thee Farewell, Gabriel Gauci Maistre
- Rondel, François Villon
- Goodbye…Farewell!, IkpoBari MeneSENEWO
- Farewell, vaishak Thiruvenkitam
- Hello Have Mercy - Farewell Have Mercy, Gregory Allen Uhan
- Set Free, Caco Coli
- Farewell, Aditya Tapshalkar
- How Sad, How Sad, Emmanuel George Cefai
- A Farewell To Idiots, abhimanyu kumar.s
- Good Bye My Sweet Heart, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Razor's Edge, Noelle Decuir
- Farewell Evening's Art, Tsira Gogeshvili
- Farewell, Count Dracula
- Farewell, Peter Rhodes
- Goodbye, Farewell, Kolabomi Adeko
- Farewell My Love, Edwina Reizer
- Farewell, Marietta Holley
- Song. The Farewell, Edward Henry Bickersteth
- The Farewell, Samuel Bamford
- Farewell, Maurice Thompson
- Ballad IV, Christine de Pizan
- Farewell to Bath, Mary Wortley Montagu
- Farewell To Summer, George Arnold
- Farewell The Bowl, John Pierpont
- Farewell To The Old Year, 1863, Janet Hamilton
- Farewell To Summer, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Farewell, Sammy Edrisi
- Transcend, Ronald Mallari
- Nightmare, Phillip Dodham Cormier
- O, Struck Beneath The Laurel, George Edward Woodberry
- King Cahill's Farewell To The Rye Field, Padraic Colum
- Pain And Time Strive Not, William Morris
- Farewell, Sydney Thompson Dobell
- Song Of Parting, James Whitcomb Riley
- Flying Slave, Anonymous Americas
- Sea Song of the Exiles, Victor Marie Hugo
- Farewell, Augusta Davies Webster
- Farewell! If Ever Fondest Prayer, George Gordon Byron
- A Farewell to a Manager, Wida Tausif
- farewell, black black
- i say farewell, Renee' Stretch
- Our Final Farewell, Nikki Hamilton
- Adieu, Natasha George
- Sins of man kind, noha el3wdy
- I SAID FAREWELL TO MY EARTH, Aldo Kraas
- I SAY FAREWELL SONG, Aldo Kraas
- FAREWELL FAREWELL I BID YOU ADIEU, GAYLE ANNE GOFF
- Triolet, Hima chan
- A Frozen Farewell, Nosherwan khan
- The Farewell Bell, Francis Duggan
- GoodBye To A FareWell Friend, Nicole Edwards
- Farewell, vijay gupta
- We Said Goodbye, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Farewell, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Farewell, Jay P Narain
- Brown Study from the Lowlands, Jonathan ROBIN
- Farewell, My Friends, Adieu, Verona Valentine
- Don't Come Around Anymore, Donna Hendra
- Song Of The Broken Man, Rey Benipayo
- Farewell My Rebel Latvian (For Erica), Francis Duggan
- carpe diem