Fathers Poems - Poems For Fathers
Poems about fathers. You can read the best fathers poems. Browse through all fathers poems.
Anecdote For Fathers - Poem by William Wordsworth
I HAVE a boy of five years old;
His face is fair and fresh to see;
His limbs are cast in beautyÕs mold
And dearly he loves me.
One morn we strolled on our dry walk,
Or quiet home all full in view,
And held such intermitted talk
As we are wont to do.
My thoughts on former pleasures ran;
I thought of Kilve's delightful shore,
Our pleasant home when spring began,
A long, long year before.
A day it was when I could bear
Some fond regrets to entertain;
With so much happiness to spare,
I could not feel a pain.
The green earth echoed to the feet
Of lambs that bounded through the glade,
From shade to sunshine, and as fleet
From sunshine back to shade.
Birds warbled round me---and each trace
Of inward sadness had its charm;
Kilve, thought I, was a favoured place,
And so is Liswyn farm.
My boy beside me tripped, so slim
And graceful in his rustic dress!
And, as we talked, I questioned him,
In very idleness.
'Now tell me, had you rather be,'
I said. and took him by the arm,
'On Kilve's smooth shore, by the green sea,
Or here at Liswyn farm?'
In careless mood he looked at me,
While still I held him by the arm,
And said, 'At Kilve I'd rather be
Than here at Liswyn farm.'
'Now, little Edward, say why so:
My little Edward, tell me why.'---
'I cannot tell, I do not know.'---
'Why, this is strange,' said I;
'For, here are woods, hills smooth and warm:
There surely must one reason be
Why you would change sweet Liswyn farm
For Kilve by the green sea.'
At this, my boy hung down his head,
He blushed with shame, nor made reply;
And three times to the child I said,
'Why, :Edward, tell me why?'
His head he raised---there was in sight,
It caught his eye, he saw it plain---
Upon the house-top, glittering bright,
A broad and gilded vane.
Then did the boy his tongue unlock,
And eased his mind with this reply:
'At Kilve there was no weather-cock;
And that's the reaon why.'
O dearest, dearest boy! my heart
For better lore would seldom yearn,
Could I but teach the hundredth part
Of what from thee I learn.
Comments about Anecdote For Fathers by William Wordsworth
Poems About Fathers
- 1. Anecdote For Fathers , William Wordsworth
- 2. My Fathers Love , Cathy Bellah
- 3. My Fathers Old Shoes , Evelyn Block
- 4. Fathers' Day. , Hana Gerzanic-Hons
- 5. A Fathers Love Is Forever , Peter Beauregard
- 6. Fathers Day , Shirley Frederick
- 7. The Labour Of Love Dedicated To Fathers , Vivien C. Patrick
- 8. Our Fathers Also , Rudyard Kipling
- 9. Our Fathers Of Old , Rudyard Kipling
- 10. The Landing Of The Pilgrim Fathers , Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- 11. The Fathers , Edwin Muir
- 12. The Fathers , Siegfried Sassoon
- 13. My Fathers, The Baltic , Philip Levine
- 14. The Fathers , Elizabeth Holmes
- 15. Fathers In The Snow , Jill Bialosky
- 16. The Sins Of The Fathers , Stephen Crane
- 17. The Landing Of The Pilgrim Fathers In Ne.. , Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- 18. In My Fathers Eyes , Jesse OHandley
- 19. The Sins Of The Fathers , Natalie Jamokha
- 20. Fathers Day , CHARMAINE SIMPSON
- 21. Fathers And Sons (1976) Br(Alternate Tit.. , Max Reif
- 22. Your Fathers (1985) , Max Reif
- 23. Heavenly Fathers' Day Forever , Michael Shepherd
- 24. Fathers' Day , Swapan Deep Singh
- 25. What Are Fathers Made Of? , Diane Wright
- 26. Brothers, Fathers, Sisters, Mothers , Egal Bohen
- 27. Sins Of The Fathers , Laurence Overmire
- 28. Fathers Day Poem (...A Day Late...) , Oscar Mireles
- 29. Fathers Of The Earth , Frank Bana
- 30. Our Fathers Gave Us Celtic , Daniel McDonagh
New Fathers Poems
- Fathers - Fathers As Good Role Models, Paul Warren
- Fathers, We Have A Question For You, Monica Rupazo
- Plight Of My Generation, Damilare Tella
- Dawn Of A New Age, victoria goddy
- 1000 Years Of Peace, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Fatherless, Charity Nduhiu
- It Takes More Than Titles, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Fathers Day, Phil Soar
- Salsaabil 15 Poem@sakisabre, SAKISABRE Saki
- Our Generation, Hedy Henderson
- carpe diem