Fish Poems - Poems For Fish
Poems about fish. You can read the best fish poems. Browse through all fish poems.
Tomintoul. - Poem by PAUL COLVIN
The highest town in Scotland is basking in the shade,
Our cabin’s by a woodland, set in a forest glade.
The wild Highland landscape, blue sky and breeze so cool
The rugged tors view lands so raped, up here in Tomintoul.
With no street lights the darkness falls, it seems night started early.
A thousand bats search out their prey, above they circle round
They dart past and skim our heads, with such an eerie sound
But weirder still to city souls, up here in Tomintoul.
Awakened by sweet nature’s light, a trait we will get used to,
The morning mist it drifts along, a sea of greyish blue.
We talk about our trip up here, whilst eating ‘til we’re full
Then drive down by the riverside, up here in Tomintoul.
The grassy banks by waters edge, in places standing high
The river here is not in spate but it’s certainly not dry.
Our quarry here is silver bars and we look out for pools
For they hold fish, quite big we’re told, up here in Tomintoul.
But an Asian man has bought the rights, to fish this part of heaven
And working class can afford no more, to fish for Scottish salmon.
Only those who pass his test of wealth, can feel the tug, the pull
Of mighty fish, all local fish, up here in Tomintoul.
These wealthy men and women too, they come in 4 wheel drives
To have some lunch and drink their wine, just after they arrive
All dressed up, can’t set their line and chatting break the golden rule
Hired ghillies have to net their catch, up here in Tomintoul.
We drive away to find a pool, a beat we can afford as friends
Amidst the towering Douglas firs and majestic Monarchs of the glen.
These timid beasts with massive eyes roam o’er every tor and hill
Their mighty antlers tell which one is boss, up here in Tomintoul.
We catch some fish, sea trout and brown, but the salmon they’re elusive
He’s too quick and far too sharp, our menu’s not exclusive.
This spectacular corner of our land, the beauty of the Highlands
Is with me now, forever will, up here in Tomintoul.
Comments about Tomintoul. by PAUL COLVIN
Poems About Fish
- 351. Tomintoul. , PAUL COLVIN
- 352. The Young Man And The Sea , Enrico Orbita
- 353. A Old Man Who Likes To Catch Fish , shun mathi
- 354. Confessions Of An Ex-Teenager #546 , Beatrice Preti
- 355. No Diga Mas Que Lo Que No Diga , Danielle Hanson
- 356. Yummy Fish , Philo Yan
- 357. From Six Great Barrier Elegies: 4. On Me.. , Rob Dyer
- 358. Childrens Book-Adventure #5-Mike E. Mean.. , Christine K. Trease
- 359. How Kin Ye No Get A Single Fish In A Gle.. , Dan Reynolds
- 360. Just-A-Poem - 2014-01-15-09-50 - Ramblin.. , Lea Andrea AAA
- 361. Fish Play , Alan Bruce Thompson
- 362. Fishing , Lauren Aaa
- 363. I Loved A Man That Loved To Fish , Bernadette Bridges
- 364. Brain Food , Herbert Nehrlich 2
- 365. Truth Works , Dick Holmes
- 366. Silent Lake , Suzanne Hayasaki
- 367. The Fish And The Eagle , Zak Raz
- 368. Magic Wand , Della Perry
- 369. The Fish Hook , Prasetya Utama
- 370. My Fish (Lance The Lonely) , Lance Carthen
- 371. A Fish Story , Suchoon Mo_
- 372. The Fish , Michaelpoetry Ryan
- 373. Flower 147: The Fish And The Bird , Freedom Flowers
- 374. A Fish Story , Richard Netherland Cook
- 375. The Boundary Set By Stillwater Lake , Jade Someone
- 376. Yawn Then Drill , orangecat bluebandanna
- 377. ''Even Leaves Beg Me'' Says Eagle , David Aoloch Bion
- 378. A Fish , Christopher Litten
- 379. Men As Predators , pedro moshood
- 380. Copycat , Fie KroC
- 381. Asking Questions (Is A Good Way To See T.. , peter furlong
- 382. The Fish In Me , Tara Chettur
- 383. Part 4: The Fish Saves The Worm , Derrick Clark
- 384. Dreams To Nightmares , Kasondra Sytnik
- 385. Losing Face , Toshie Nohara
- 386. Fish , Destiny Avaritia
- 387. Four Days And Three Nights At Sea , Robert L. Bixler III
- 388. An Old Fisher In The Green , Kevin Maroney
- 389. Prey , anonymously anonymous
- 390. Hooked , Edith Oram
- 391. The Brown Urchin , Anwer Gani
- 392. The Brown Urchin , Anwer Ghani
- 393. The Grinning Crab , Vernon Adrian Emuang
- 394. The Whooper , Harold R Hunt Sr
- 395. Princess Suri , Aileen Figueroa
- 396. Fish Learning To Walk , Christian Lacdael
- 397. Watching The Hours Pass By , Lee John Siebritz
- 398. Fishin' , Charles Tomar
- 399. The Kalevala - Rune Xlvii , Elias Lönnrot
- 400. A Fish In Your Hand , U Win Kyi
New Fish Poems
- Fish N Chips, Peter Hall
- Princess Suri, Aileen Figueroa
- The Big Fish, Small Fish Theorem, Hebert Logerie
- The Brown Urchin, Anwer Ghani
- The Brown Urchin, Anwer Gani
- Flying Fish Fly Escape Predators, Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- Fishing Boats Light Luring Flying Fish, Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- The Whooper, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Fishing In The Muddy Water Anytime And A.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fishing In The Muddy Water Anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- carpe diem