Fishing Poems - Poems For Fishing
Poems about fishing. You can read the best fishing poems. Browse through all fishing poems.
At Hout Bay The Fishing Trawler Sails Out - Poem by Gert Strydom
At Hout Bay the fishing trawler sails out
while the rain pours down
like water out of God’s hosepipe
with engines roaring in the ears
and clouds of smoke hang over the boats
with every fisherman for a moment being caught
in a own world while fog whirl about the boats
that rocks up and down to the harbour mouth.
The waves crash, the sea foams and bubbles
and “my girlfriend has a good lover, ”
is sung by one while the trawler sets its course
on the look out for barracouta, cod and sea trout.
“Look at the shining bodies, tons of trout, they are running free, ”
a fisherman shouts against the wind that pulls and pulls on the boat.
“Salmon man, salmon” roars the tiller man back and walls of water
roll past and the boat turns to get fishing gear ready.
“My girlfriend has a good lover and he’s a gelded goat, ”
the tune goes on and something clatters down
drawing the attention of the fishermen and the water shines
and when the boat is full they tell jokes that they guffaw at.
Comments about At Hout Bay The Fishing Trawler Sails Out by Gert Strydom
Poems About Fishing
- 1. At Hout Bay The Fishing Trawler Sails Out , Gert Strydom
- 2. Now That You Are Not Here , RIC S. BASTASA
- 3. I Am Saluting The Sun , Aldo Kraas
- 4. The Fishers , Francis Duggan
- 5. Icey Holed Fishing! , Michael Gale
- 6. God’s Song , Aldo Kraas
- 7. Crumbling Chalk , sylvia spencer
- 8. Gannets , Francis Duggan
- 9. Giovanni , Francis Duggan
- 10. Killing The Creatures Became A Verb , O Anna Niemus
- 11. Travel Haiku - Cruise To Yangshuo (China) , john tiong chunghoo
- 12. Gone Fishing , Randy Johnson
- 13. Make A Kid Happy , Marilyn Lott
- 14. 050510j Trying Not To Work , Manonton Dalan
- 15. Hedgerow Inferno , Nick Hilton
- 16. Exerpt #2 From: Hook, Line & Haiku , Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- 17. Gone Fishin' , George Hunter
- 18. Broremann The Fisherman , oskar hansen
- 19. Sending Words About Overnight In Fishing.. , Luo Zhihai
- 20. Canoe And Fisherman. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 21. Ancient Ferry And Fishing Songs（Two Pair.. , Luo Zhihai
- 22. Baseball, Football, Fishing & Golf , Tom Zart
- 23. A Fisher Of Men Jesus Said To Be , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 24. Visit Malaysia Year Haiku - Bintulu Prom.. , john tiong chunghoo
- 25. Franklins Fishes , vincent armone
- 26. Campari Sons.....And Scattershot Daughte.. , delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- 27. Fishing Can Be A Dynamic Communion , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 28. Only In Summertime , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 29. Only In Summertime... People Enjoy Every.. , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 30. Ah! Cunning Poet-Seer! You Write , Emmanuel George Cefai
- 31. Beside Love Men Need Fishing & Sex , Tom Zart
- 32. Battle Of Wits , Herbert Nehrlich
- 33. The Fishing Outfit , Edgar Albert Guest
- 34. Two Boys Fishing , Colin Ian Jeffery
- 35. Bbuddha And I Went Fishing , Barry A. Lanier
- 36. Hunting Or Fishing? , Ramesh T A
- 37. Fishing , Mrs. Cynosure
- 38. Lenexa Baptist Church Poet Tom Zart's = .. , Tom Zart
- 39. Age Of More-Than-I-Know Mapping Into A C.. , Nyein Way
- 40. Ten Thousand Women , Bill Simmons
- 41. Zz As Fukushima Poisons Pour Into Pacifi.. , Saiom Shriver
- 42. My Eyes , Aldo Kraas
- 43. For A Catch , Edward Kofi Louis
- 44. Too Much Good Is Not Always Good , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 45. Avoiding Deleted Links In Food Chain , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 46. Fishing For Carp (Hybridanelle) , Gert Strydom
- 47. Man's World Of Sports , Tom Zart
- 48. On An April Evening In The Fall , Francis Duggan
- 49. Port Albert , Francis Duggan
- 50. The Non Swimming Man Of The Sea , Francis Duggan
New Fishing Poems
- Losing Face, Toshie Nohara
- Fishing, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Man's World Of Sports, Tom Zart
- Arizona Lakes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tales Of A Wife: I'Ve Gone Fishing, Vinz Poetry
- We'Re All Fishing In The Muddy Water, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Fisherman's Basket, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Zz Fish Can'T Scream. Their Flesh Is Rad.., Saiom Shriver
- Too Much Good Is Not Always Good, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fishing In The Muddy Water, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- carpe diem