Fishing Poems - Poems For Fishing
Poems about fishing. You can read the best fishing poems. Browse through all fishing poems.
Gannets - Poem by Francis Duggan
I've never once seen them on land though from the shore I see
Them with folded wings from dizzy heights diving into the sea
And then they rise out of the waves and upwards again fly
These hunters of the ocean who stalk their prey from the sky.
To watch gannets fishing is an amazing sight
They fly above the ocean and dive from a great height
I once see one dead on a beach it was washed in by the tide
Born on a cliff ledge overlooking the sea and out at sea it died.
The gannets are true fishing birds on humans for food they don't rely
They roost and breed on remote ocean cliffs and of human kind are shy
They are birds I don't often see they are seldom close to the shore
Though I recall I once watched them fish for a half an hour or more.
True ocean birds born by the sea and out at sea they die
With folded wings they dive for fish like rockets from the sky
A guttural noise the only sound they make they do not have a song
They take their living from the sea and to the sea they belong.
Comments about Gannets by Francis Duggan
Poems About Fishing
- 1. Gannets , Francis Duggan
- 2. Not Mean , gershon hepner
- 3. Now That You Are Not Here , RIC S. BASTASA
- 4. I Am Saluting The Sun , Aldo Kraas
- 5. Haiku - 611 , Dagmara Anna AuraDagimar
- 6. 031210 A Set And A Round , Manonton Dalan
- 7. 031510c All I Want Is Other Side , Manonton Dalan
- 8. Icey Holed Fishing! , Michael Gale
- 9. God’s Song , Aldo Kraas
- 10. The Fishers , Francis Duggan
- 11. San Remo On An April Evening , Francis Duggan
- 12. Giovanni , Francis Duggan
- 13. Killing The Creatures Became A Verb , O Anna Niemus
- 14. Travel Haiku - Cruise To Yangshuo (China) , john tiong chunghoo
- 15. Sending Words About Overnight In Fishing.. , Luo Zhihai
- 16. Canoe And Fisherman. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 17. Broremann The Fisherman , oskar hansen
- 18. Baseball, Football, Fishing & Golf , Tom Zart
- 19. Hedgerow Inferno , Nick Hilton
- 20. Beside Love Men Need Fishing & Sex , Tom Zart
- 21. Exerpt #2 From: Hook, Line & Haiku , Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- 22. Gone Fishing , Randy Johnson
- 23. Make A Kid Happy , Marilyn Lott
- 24. Gone Fishin' , George Hunter
- 25. 050510j Trying Not To Work , Manonton Dalan
- 26. The Fishing Outfit , Edgar Albert Guest
- 27. A Fisher Of Men Jesus Said To Be , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 28. Visit Malaysia Year Haiku - Bintulu Prom.. , john tiong chunghoo
- 29. Franklins Fishes , vincent armone
- 30. Campari Sons.....And Scattershot Daughte.. , delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- 31. Only In Summertime , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 32. Only In Summertime... People Enjoy Every.. , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 33. Ah! Cunning Poet-Seer! You Write , Emmanuel George Cefai
- 34. Fishing Can Be A Dynamic Communion , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 35. Battle Of Wits , Herbert Nehrlich
- 36. Two Boys Fishing , Colin Ian Jeffery
- 37. Hunting Or Fishing? , Ramesh T A
- 38. Age Of More-Than-I-Know Mapping Into A C.. , Nyein Way
- 39. Ten Thousand Women , Bill Simmons
- 40. Lenexa Baptist Church Poet Tom Zart's = .. , Tom Zart
- 41. Zz As Fukushima Poisons Pour Into Pacifi.. , Saiom Shriver
- 42. My Eyes , Aldo Kraas
- 43. For A Catch , Edward Kofi Louis
- 44. Too Much Good Is Not Always Good , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 45. Avoiding Deleted Links In Food Chain , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 46. Fishing For Carp (Hybridanelle) , Gert Strydom
- 47. Man's World Of Sports , Tom Zart
- 48. On An April Evening In The Fall , Francis Duggan
- 49. Port Albert , Francis Duggan
- 50. The Non Swimming Man Of The Sea , Francis Duggan
New Fishing Poems
- Losing Face, Toshie Nohara
- Fishing, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Man's World Of Sports, Tom Zart
- Arizona Lakes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tales Of A Wife: I'Ve Gone Fishing, Vinz Poetry
- We'Re All Fishing In The Muddy Water, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Fisherman's Basket, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Zz Fish Can'T Scream. Their Flesh Is Rad.., Saiom Shriver
- Too Much Good Is Not Always Good, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fishing In The Muddy Water, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- carpe diem