Fog Poems - Poems For Fog
Poems about fog. You can read the best fog poems. Browse through all fog poems.
Poem On My 70th Birthday - Poem by michael hogan
After a night of rain
eucalyptus hangs heavy and redolent with damp breath.
Ground fog clings to unmown grasses in the park
where the dog bounds like a joyful shadow.
Everything is new.
A hummingbird balances on a slim branch of spruce
while, unreported by Fox News, a squirrel scampers down the trunk.
Streetlights on timers blink off
and the first lid of light opens the eye of the east.
Drops of rain glisten red and violet on the polished roofs of cars.
Once I lived another life
and now there are fewer to remember.
Mother gone, father long before
although the rhythm of their language is inside me still:
scraps of songs and poems mother memorized
of an older time when the forests were primeval
of murmuring pines and hemlocks.
I suppose there was a dog back then as well
and a boy who clung with his pal in the dark
when a summer storm rattled the windows
and the wind blew out the candle flame.
They awoke the next morning to find the world new
their fears forgotten under the dripping leaves of trees
and the ground fog on the unmown grass
as time bent back around the universe
and no worries as each new turn brought
a lightening sky in the east and a crescendo of birds
calling across the hills.
We dawdle now
as joggers pass us in florescent sweatpants and clouds of breath.
The dog investigating each bench and tree stump
and I simply standing, watching, bemused, reluctant to take any further
this epiphany spore which floats in the damp morning breeze
and lifts the dog’s fur.
For I know standing here watching
that if we ran together fast as we could when I was a boy
and the dog was a pup
and time bent back round again
that I would still never catch up with that life
which seems as real as the ground fog which I can almost touch
but then as the sun rises
disappears as if it were never there.
Comments about Poem On My 70th Birthday by michael hogan
Poems About Fog
- 1. Poem On My 70th Birthday , michael hogan
- 2. Patience Haiku , Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- 3. Morning Fog , Rory Hudson
- 4. A Lonely Night , adil khan
- 5. (haiku) Spiritual Road Test , Alice Cuenca
- 6. A Dense Gray Fog , Daniel Lloyd Kennedy
- 7. Rise Up Baby , Simona Terron
- 8. The Rush Of A Lie , Soren Valentine
- 9. Consolation , Mohammad Tauheed hussain
- 10. Fog , Rose Wilder
- 11. A Kaleidoscopic Fog , Nora Loch
- 12. Fog , Natali Surjan
- 13. Heart Of Darkness , Ciara Owens
- 14. Haiku 711 , Dagmara Anna AuraDagimar
- 15. An Haiku Or Two , Dónall Dempsey
- 16. Fog , Emmanuel George Cefai
- 17. Remembering Carl Sandburg - The Fog , john tiong chunghoo
- 18. Let The Fog Roll In , Ben Paynter
- 19. The Bus , David Lewis Paget
- 20. When The Gray Fog Covers The Great Gums , Francis Duggan
- 21. The Threat Remains Story Poem , ivor or ivor.e hogg
- 22. Fog , Aldo Kraas
- 23. FOG الضباب adeline foster , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 24. Haiku Beyond Smog , Jonathan ROBIN
- 25. Amid A Wintry Day , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 26. Once The Fog Had Lifted , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 27. Racial Memories: Perhaps Storypoem , ivor or ivor.e hogg
- 28. Racial Memories: Perhaps , ivor or ivor.e hogg
- 29. The Fog To-Night Has Come , Emmanuel George Cefai
- 30. Fog, Yet Another Point Of View , David Whalen
- 31. Fog , Angela Wybrow
- 32. Fog , Juan Olivarez
- 33. Fog , Edwina Reizer
- 34. I Found A Friend Or He Found Me Storypoem , ivor or ivor.e hogg
- 35. The Fog , Amitava Chakraborty
- 36. The Misty Fog Was In Her Hair , Edwina Reizer
- 37. Voice In The Fog , Randy McClave
- 38. You Lost Me , Aldo Kraas
- 39. A Dark, Misty Morning Last Autum , Aldo Kraas
- 40. Fog On Highway 5 , RIC S. BASTASA
- 41. Lifted From A Fog , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 42. The Hyde 0f Dr Jekyll In A Foggy Day In .. , Ken e Hall
- 43. Dream Of Fog And Mist (If You Can) , David Whalen
- 44. Line Worth Copying 21 December 2008 , Bill Grace
- 45. *tasting The Fog , Rommel Mark Dominguez Marchan
- 46. I See Through My Little Window The Foggy.. , nimal dunuhinga
- 47. Dark Place , Naveed Akram
- 48. Mercy, Mercury! , Edward Kofi Louis
- 49. Ceased Delhi In A Winter Fog , Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- 50. The Fog Returns , Walterrean Salley
New Fog Poems
- Smog, Susan Rebecca Wetmore
- The Fog Has Cleared, Michael P. McParland
- A Visitor In The Morning Fog, Adam M. Snow
- The Tortoise Or The Hare, Walterrean Salley
- Haiku- Fog, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Old Glass Window, Ben Millstead
- Burning Instead Of Beauty, Joshua Poteat
- The Fog, Briony Nicholls
- How To Hang Fog, Nika McGuin
- The Rain Is Speaking, Jeri Martindale
- carpe diem