Food Poems - Poems For Food
Poems about food. You can read the best food poems. Browse through all food poems.
The Difference Between Heaven And Hell - Poem by Jim Yerman
I remember reading a parable, once, about the difference between Heaven and Hell
It was appropriate all those years ago and is appropriate today as well.
When a man named George entered the Pearly Gates, St. Peter was there to reassure
"Before you settle in, he said, let me take you on a tour? "
First they visited Heaven where George apparently observed
"Wow, what a beautiful banquet hall- Hey! And dinner's being served."
He noticed scrumptious entrees filled the hall, everywhere was a multitude;
In fact the tables sagged in the middle under the weight of all the food.
Everyone was laughing and talking, there was contentment in this well-fed throng.
There was one curiosity, however- they all held forks that were 4 feet long!
Next, St. Peter took him to Hell, and here George once again observed
"This banquet hall is as beautiful as Heaven's- and again dinner's being served."
For a second time George noticed scrumptious entrees, another multitude
And the tables in Hell were also sagging under the weight of all that food.
But in Hell everyone looked hungry there was no contentment in this emaciated throng
And there was that curiosity again- all their forks were 4 feet long.
"What's going on here? " George asked St. Peter, "I do not understand?
They serve the same food in Heaven and Hell- and what's with those long forks in their hands? "
St. Peter smiled "There is one fundamental distinction, one difference between Heaven and Hell."
(This is why I mentioned in the beginning it's appropriate today as well.)
In Hell people care only about themselves you see they haven't found a way
To get the food from those forks to their mouths- and they go hungry every day.
In Heaven people care less about themselves, they see everyone as sister or brother
And when they are hungry they pick up their forks and, simply, feed each other.
Comments about The Difference Between Heaven And Hell by Jim Yerman
Poems About Food
- 351. The Difference Between Heaven And Hell , Jim Yerman
- 352. In The Jungle....Two , ritty patnaik
- 353. This Plate Tastes Better , NHIEN NGUYEN
- 354. Food Is My Friend , Nicholas Ryan
- 355. Food , Pali Girl S...
- 356. Hard To Swallow , Chris jones
- 357. Cp- Broken Fridge , Coreena Dejesus
- 358. Uncle Trevor's Wise Solution , rohan bendre
- 359. My Opinion On Ramadan , Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- 360. The Nomad Is Hungry Part 2 , Derrick Clark
- 361. The 50th Cat Poem , NHIEN NGUYEN
- 362. Preparing Dinner , Lee John Siebritz
- 363. The Night (Hunger Games Fan Fiction) , auau weeee
- 364. Manged Dog , Deci Hernandez
- 365. Surviving Life , Fallen Cowboy
- 366. Trash And Treasure , Pacific Hernandez
- 367. Weight Gain, Weight Game , Jessica Hawkes
- 368. Hunger , Eugene Ethelbert Miller
- 369. Hunger: The Cruelty Of Not Eating. , Clive M.C.N
- 370. Autumn Wealth , Kristijonas Donelaitis
- 371. Vangie's Cuisine... , Rachel Hill
- 372. One Mans , Paul Cutting
- 373. The Food , Mr. Bean
- 374. Joys Of Spring , Kristijonas Donelaitis
- 375. No Food , ebony davis
- 376. Black Pearls , Vi Ransel
- 377. Winter Cares , Kristijonas Donelaitis
- 378. 0992.Mata Amritanandamayi-Servant Of Ser.. , amma and rajappa
- 379. Sister Wolf , sayia willows
- 380. Shortage , Lawrie Stuart Ronton
- 381. Chocolate , kaavyaa kriday
- 382. Pride The Irony Of Deception , Ghost Writer Insomnis
- 383. Start From The Inside , William Chaplar
- 384. Navigating Uncharted Waters , Crystal Piatt
- 385. Please Let Me Die... , Matthew Bresette
- 386. I , Kyriakos Kant
- 387. Basic Need Of An Human , VAIDYANATHAN RAM
- 388. Food , Jeremiah Prince
- 389. Political Game , Lori Triggs
- 390. Christmas Present Exchange , Pamela lutwyche
- 391. These Times / March 15,2011 , William Waterway
- 392. Thanksgiving , briangela jones
- 393. Putrid, Cinnamon And Wine , Wullien Thang
- 394. Coffee Shop , Adieny Nunez
- 395. Free And I Don'T Care! , Major Elazia
- 396. More Of India , Tony Pitman
- 397. Search , ajay srivastava
- 398. O Naughty Child..! [part-3 ] , sundaram chandrakalaadhar
- 399. If You Give Me Rice , BONGOKOBIDA ZAKARIA
- 400. World Cup Dream , Rajan Thapaliya
New Food Poems
- The Person Who Arranges And Offers Food!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Medicine (By St. Thiruvalluvar), rajendran muthiah
- Food, Kelly Kurt
- Orange Ham And Grits, lucia Buie
- Zz Toxins In Cow And/Or Pig, Sheep, Bird.., Saiom Shriver
- Zz 19 Ways The U.S.D.A. Kills People, An.., Saiom Shriver
- An Inconclusive Syllogism, Indira Renganathan
- Food, Josey Alfred
- Food For Walking, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Give Me Food, gajanan mishra
- carpe diem