Food Poems - Poems For Food
Poems about food. You can read the best food poems. Browse through all food poems.
My Father Showed Cooking Talent In New Year. - Poem by U Win Kyi
My father was a good chef,
In Chinese New Year, showing off his cooking talent.
For New Year Eve dinner, he cooked a lot of food,
and a large bowl of soup.
The food were pork in both thin and thick slice,
so tasty when eating with plain rice.
Another pork was in big chunk,
so good with beer until drunk.
The meat was never tough but so tender,
the sight of it made the mouth water.
Fish and king crabs stewed in pricey ingredients,
the smell and taste were so salient.
The sea-food fried noodle was no match,
in our town it was the best.
The smell of meat-ball was so nice, no one could resist.
It was always at the top of menu list.
The spicy beef was with a little oil,
well-done after a long boil.
The dumplings were stuffed with scallion,
laced with garlics and onion.
The duck had a good roast,
which was one of his boast.
The mutton was so soft to palate,
one would eat up the whole plate.
Our favorite was his fried rice (not fly lice) ,
eating of it with Coke in ice,
was so good and nice,
unforgettable in our lives.
The indispensable ' long year vegetable 'symbolized longevity.
He was satisfied and happy,
after seeing us eat voraciously,
and said, 'yummy, yummy.'
Though he was sweating in the kitchen with red hot flame,
in cooking food of fame,
he never complained.
After busy with the big iron kwok,
then he started to give the red envelope (hong bao in chinese) .
Then he sat in his chair for a rest,
puffing his cigarette.
After silence of kwok's clap, clap and clang,
then followed by burst of firecracker bang, bang, bang.
The food recipes handed down from grandfather were sacred
but were lost and forget,
after his death,
causing us so much regret.
Comments about My Father Showed Cooking Talent In New Year. by U Win Kyi
Poems About Food
- 401. My Father Showed Cooking Talent In New Y.. , U Win Kyi
- 402. The Last October , Robert Eckstein
- 403. -freedom- [new Edit] , Mohamad Rasoul Mohamadi
- 404. The Old Patients Are More Better Than Th.. , Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- 405. The Fall Of Nineveh. Book The Eleventh , Edwin Atherstone
- 406. Concerning The Divine Providence , Rees Prichard
- 407. What If The Earth Had A Name , cortez the dark all seer
- 408. White Cherries , chris bowen
- 409. Trap In Space , benjamin ruffin
- 410. Surviving Life , Kenneth Glutz
- 411. Doesnt Mean Anything , MzCoCo FoReVeR
- 412. How Can I , Josh Burnett
- 413. Thanksgiving , ayani thomas
- 414. Because I Think Food Should Be Free. , AliciaPilar Mogollon
- 415. Strugging To Make It , Susie Sunshine
- 416. Meat 101 , Vi Ransel
- 417. Seagulls , Larry Balk
- 418. Poisonous Land. , BUNMI OROGUN SAMUEL
- 419. Walk To The Shop , Andy Lore
- 420. Spring Will Come , ivor .e hogg
- 421. Author`s Note (Revised) , Steve Trimmer
- 422. Sova Food Pantry , John Michael
- 423. City , Nkululeko Mdudu
- 424. Champions Run On , penny kraft
- 425. Sticks And Stones… , Onyx Blake
- 426. Troubled Father , Elino Lucero
- 427. Food , Josey Alfred
- 428. The Dog And Her Food , Chaotic Life aka Curly Mer
- 429. He Knows No Hospital Gate , Mohamedkhadar Yussuf
- 430. Sestina #2 , Victoria Lee
- 431. Sestina For Seven Characters , Martin McLean
- 432. Republican Greed Policies Shames America , Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- 433. The Ants And The Snake. Why Democracy Is.. , Dimitri Jagodinski
- 434. A Friend , sharayah Hodson
- 435. When Little Girls Grow Up Part 3 , Susie Sunshine
- 436. When We Moved 3 , Susie Sunshine
- 437. What Im Thankful For , willy perez
- 438. Bear In Mind , Lone Dog
- 439. Food Is My Friend , Rebecca Ryan
- 440. Silverware , Jas Andrada
- 441. How A Naked Mole , rwetewrt erwtwer
- 442. The Cravin' Raven , Diane Wright
- 443. Antediluvian Antitheses , Graham Fowell
- 444. Faye The Eye Of The Storm Part 4 , Susie Sunshine
- 445. Small Legendery Joke , Racina Rodriguez
- 446. The Curse Of The Greedy Gentlemen , Augustus Gatlin
- 447. Food , Ava Lee
- 448. Raccoon , Paul Cutting
- 449. Faceless Hunger , Saint Eule
- 450. The Crime , BONGOKOBIDA ZAKARIA
New Food Poems
- Medicine (By St. Thiruvalluvar), rajendran muthiah
- Food, Kelly Kurt
- Orange Ham And Grits, lucia Buie
- Zz Toxins In Cow And/Or Pig, Sheep, Bird.., Saiom Shriver
- Zz 19 Ways The U.S.D.A. Kills People, An.., Saiom Shriver
- An Inconclusive Syllogism, Indira Renganathan
- Food, Josey Alfred
- Food For Walking, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Give Me Food, gajanan mishra
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- carpe diem