Food Poems - Poems For Food
Poems about food. You can read the best food poems. Browse through all food poems.
My Father Showed Cooking Talent In New Year. - Poem by U Win Kyi
My father was a good chef,
In Chinese New Year, showing off his cooking talent.
For New Year Eve dinner, he cooked a lot of food,
and a large bowl of soup.
The food were pork in both thin and thick slice,
so tasty when eating with plain rice.
Another pork was in big chunk,
so good with beer until drunk.
The meat was never tough but so tender,
the sight of it made the mouth water.
Fish and king crabs stewed in pricey ingredients,
the smell and taste were so salient.
The sea-food fried noodle was no match,
in our town it was the best.
The smell of meat-ball was so nice, no one could resist.
It was always at the top of menu list.
The spicy beef was with a little oil,
well-done after a long boil.
The dumplings were stuffed with scallion,
laced with garlics and onion.
The duck had a good roast,
which was one of his boast.
The mutton was so soft to palate,
one would eat up the whole plate.
Our favorite was his fried rice (not fly lice) ,
eating of it with Coke in ice,
was so good and nice,
unforgettable in our lives.
The indispensable ' long year vegetable 'symbolized longevity.
He was satisfied and happy,
after seeing us eat voraciously,
and said, 'yummy, yummy.'
Though he was sweating in the kitchen with red hot flame,
in cooking food of fame,
he never complained.
After busy with the big iron kwok,
then he started to give the red envelope (hong bao in chinese) .
Then he sat in his chair for a rest,
puffing his cigarette.
After silence of kwok's clap, clap and clang,
then followed by burst of firecracker bang, bang, bang.
The food recipes handed down from grandfather were sacred
but were lost and forget,
after his death,
causing us so much regret.
Comments about My Father Showed Cooking Talent In New Year. by U Win Kyi
Poems About Food
- 401. My Father Showed Cooking Talent In New Y.. , U Win Kyi
- 402. Henry And Friends , Dorsey Baker
- 403. The Last October , Robert Eckstein
- 404. Running Into The Walls Of My Mind... , Sidney Spencer
- 405. Surviving Life , Kenneth Glutz
- 406. White Cherries , chris bowen
- 407. Trap In Space , benjamin ruffin
- 408. Doesnt Mean Anything , MzCoCo FoReVeR
- 409. How Can I , Josh Burnett
- 410. Thanksgiving , ayani thomas
- 411. Meat 101 , Vi Ransel
- 412. Sticks And Stones… , Onyx Blake
- 413. Troubled Father , Elino Lucero
- 414. Seagulls , Larry Balk
- 415. Poisonous Land. , BUNMI OROGUN SAMUEL
- 416. Because I Think Food Should Be Free. , AliciaPilar Mogollon
- 417. Strugging To Make It , Susie Sunshine
- 418. Walk To The Shop , Andy Lore
- 419. Spring Will Come , ivor .e hogg
- 420. City , Nkululeko Mdudu
- 421. Champions Run On , penny kraft
- 422. Author`s Note (Revised) , Steve Trimmer
- 423. Sova Food Pantry , John Michael
- 424. Cattle Food , OVERLORD DON MANUEL IHCAKEYNO
- 425. Bravity At Child Hood , inguruwatta pushpadewa
- 426. Joking Around , Sebastian Auimatagi
- 427. Silverware , Jas Andrada
- 428. A Cracked Ground , Ombuge M Moses
- 429. Little Slice Of America , Jeremy Rascon
- 430. When? , Shepard Tootsie roll
- 431. Catfood , J.L. Nash
- 432. Oppian's Halieuticks Part I: Of The Natu.. , William Diaper
- 433. A Preparation For The Holy Communion , Rees Prichard
- 434. Essays On Literature , alexander opicho
- 435. Cruelty... , Hafeni Nghidinua
- 436. Pig , Harrison Wright
- 437. Oppian's Halieuticks Part I: Of The Natu.. , William Diaper
- 438. The Fall Of Nineveh. Book The Fourteenth , Edwin Atherstone
- 439. Because , Megan Collins
- 440. Food For Thought , Melissa Ferrer
- 441. On America's Honor: Food , warner treuter
- 442. Cooking And Taste , inris nas
- 443. Florence Nightingale Of The Kitchen , Daleen Enslinstrydom
- 444. When The Lions Are Poorer Than The Centi.. , The Corporate Champs
- 445. Raccoon , Paul Cutting
- 446. Faceless Hunger , Saint Eule
- 447. The Crime , BONGOKOBIDA ZAKARIA
- 448. Marketing Skills In The College Of Cats,.. , Nikhil Chandwani
- 449. Love , dupur mitra
- 450. Life! , vino aina
New Food Poems
- The Person Who Arranges And Offers Food!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Medicine (By St. Thiruvalluvar), rajendran muthiah
- Food, Kelly Kurt
- Orange Ham And Grits, lucia Buie
- Zz Toxins In Cow And/Or Pig, Sheep, Bird.., Saiom Shriver
- Zz 19 Ways The U.S.D.A. Kills People, An.., Saiom Shriver
- An Inconclusive Syllogism, Indira Renganathan
- Food, Josey Alfred
- Food For Walking, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Give Me Food, gajanan mishra
- carpe diem