Funny Poems - Poems For Funny
Poems about funny. You can read the best funny poems. Browse through all funny poems.
1.Casey at the Bat
The outlook wasn't brilliant for the Mudville nine that day;
The score stood four to two, with but one inning more to play,
And then when Cooney died at first, and Barrows did the same,
A pall-like silence fell upon the patrons of the game.
A straggling few got up to go in deep despair. The rest
Clung to that hope which springs eternal in the human breast;
They thought, 'If only Casey could but get a whack at that-
We'd put up even money now, with Casey at the bat.'
But Flynn preceded Casey, as did also Jimmy Blake,
And the former was a hoodoo, while the latter was a cake;
So upon that stricken multitude grim melancholy sat,
For there seemed but little chance of Casey getting to the bat.
But Flynn let drive a single, to the wonderment of all,
And Blake, the much despisèd, tore the cover off the ball;
And when the dust had lifted, and men saw what had occurred,
There was Jimmy safe at second and Flynn a-hugging third.
Then from five thousand throats and more there rose a lusty yell;
It rumbled through the valley, it rattled in the dell;
It pounded on the mountain and recoiled upon the flat,
For Casey, mighty Casey, was advancing to the bat.
There was ease in Casey's manner as he stepped into his place;
There was pride in Casey's bearing and a smile lit Casey's face.
And when, responding to the cheers, he lightly doffed his hat,
No stranger in the crowd could doubt 'twas Casey at the bat.
Ten thousand eyes were on him as he rubbed his hands with dirt;
Five thousand tongues applauded when he wiped them on his shirt;
Then while the writhing pitcher ground the ball into his hip,
Defiance flashed in Casey's eye, a sneer curled Casey's lip.
And now the leather-covered sphere came hurtling through the air,
And Casey stood a-watching it in haughty grandeur there.
Close by the sturdy batsman the ball unheeded sped-
'That ain't my style,' said Casey. 'Strike one! ' the umpire said.
From the benches, black with people, there went up a muffled roar,
Like the beating of the storm-waves on a stern and distant shore;
'Kill him! Kill the umpire! ' shouted some one on the stand;
And it's likely they'd have killed him had not Casey raised his hand.
With a smile of Christian charity great Casey's visage shone;
He stilled the rising tumult; he bade the game go on;
He signaled to the pitcher, and once more the dun sphere flew;
But Casey still ignored it, and the umpire said, 'Strike two! '
'Fraud! ' cried the maddened thousands, and echo answered 'Fraud! '
But one scornful look from Casey and the audience was awed.
They saw his face grow stern and cold, they saw his muscles strain,
And they knew that Casey wouldn't let that ball go by again.
The sneer has fled from Casey's lip, his teeth are clenched in hate;
He pounds with cruel violence his bat upon the plate.
And now the pitcher holds the ball, and now he lets it go.
And now the air is shattered by the force of Casey's blow.
Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and little children shout;
But there is no joy in Mudville- mighty Casey has struck out. read more »
2.Sonnet 130: My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun
My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than her lips' red;
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head. read more »
3.A Noiseless Patient Spider
A noiseless, patient spider,
I mark’d, where, on a little promontory, it stood, isolated;
Mark’d how, to explore the vacant, vast surrounding,
It launch’d forth filament, filament, filament, out of itself; read more »
4.On the Ning Nang Nong
On the Ning Nang Nong
Where the Cows go Bong!
and the monkeys all say BOO!
There's a Nong Nang Ning read more »
Elephants are contagious!
Be careful how you tread.
An Elephant that's been trodden on
Should be confined to bed! read more »
Say Bazonka every day
That's what my grandma used to say
It keeps at bay the Asian Flu'
And both your elbows free from glue. read more »
The Vulture eats between his meals,
And that's the reason why
He very, very, rarely feels
As well as you and I. read more »
8.Funny—to be a Century
Funny—to be a Century—
And see the People—going by— read more »
9.A Song From The Suds
Queen of my tub, I merrily sing,
While the white foam raises high,
And sturdily wash, and rinse, and wring,
And fasten the clothes to dry; read more »
10.Afternoon in School The Last Lesson
When will the bell ring, and end this weariness?
How long have they tugged the leash, and strained apart
My pack of unruly hounds: I cannot start read more »
BEAUTIFUL Soup, so rich and green,
Waiting in a hot tureen! read more »
12.How doth the little crocodile...
How doth the little crocodile
Improve his shining tail,
And pour the waters of the Nile
On every golden scale! read more »
New Funny Poems
- A Funny Story (Bussokusekika), Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
- Isn't it Funny, Tex T Sarnie
- It's Funny, Isn't It?, Liliana lopez
- Gerbils in the Jello, Kevin Rottweiler
- Enough, Doreen Maphosa
- Know What I whisper, mohammed jafer
- It's So Funny, Cherice Harperr
- Funny Yet Unfunny, VIVEK MANGIPUDI
- Its Funny, Sammje Peltier
- Wonderment..., Rambling Dreamer
- Ironies Of Life, iOXYnoMORON 00
- It’s Funny, Tracia Love Shalom
- It's funny how, ADAM OWENS
- Funny People, maria sudibyo
- I am funny..., Jatin Tanwer
- Funny, La Que Escribe Poesia
- Funny Things that Happen., margaret haig
- Funny Money, Philo Yan
- Exposing My Funny Side, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- poem, stephanie paredes
- Consideration (Thought), Poet of the River
- My Funny Man, Josephine Chifundo Likoya
- It's Funny, Janine Alyssa Navarro
- Thus It's Funny, Shadrach Knight
- Funny, steve galvan
- Funny, Tabatta Nunes
- Lol, fool of forgiveness
- This World, Shazza Rixx
- I'm Funny, BRad Ical
- my new friends, adriana salomon
- Humbled Irish, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Perfect Match, Colin Coplin
- Funny, But Not So Funny, Mary Louise Mann Gabumpa
- It's funny, Jennifer Gordon
- Funny Abdul, Binoy Barman
- Nothing is ever wrong, Alex Charming
- Wish it is Funny, Shelomith Noarbe
- So Says the Boss, Udiah (witness to Yah)
- time, christina tina mcintosh
- LAUGHS, james johnson
- my classmates, adriana salomon
- Fat Albert his White Gang, NO NO
- Funny... But Not, Sasha Julia
- It, Jameaka Shibles
- the glue-mer of being famous....issue fo.., Atef Ayadi
- Isn't It Funny, Brianna Trombley
- IT'S NOT FUNNY!, Erika Peace
- it's funny how, Amelia Gardiner
- Isn't it funny, RiRi S...
- The Funniest Thing, Selina Tan
- i am funny, RIC S. BASTASA
- funnny? .. not so much, Jessica Richards
- It's Funny, Gloraly Gomez
- Funny?, Patrick 'the pyropoet' littr ..
- It's Funny, Flying Fishstick
- Its funny, jutyum brendaro
- It's Kind of Funny, Elina Fields
- funny... but not, arianna loshnowsky
- Funny isn't it?, amie waddafuck
- Isn't it funny, Pali Girl S...
- Isn't It Funny?, Cindy Tang
- bugs, Callie Browsheart
- adria, adria, adria why are you so funny?, RIC S. BASTASA
- It's Funny, Keith Foley
- Some Thoughts, kiran raza
- Funny, But Then Not..., Daniela X. Daraz
- Isn't It Funny, RebeccaSaphira Black
- Funny, Jerry Abrahamson
- I Am, Astacia Glover
- fight the flight, Garrity Guenther
- Its Funny..., MeganOlivia Maxwell
- Elephant, Alex mcglinchey
- The 'Poem A Day' Project ~ Day 164, Flying Lemming
- Stand-Up Comedians, Stanley Cooper
- carpe diem